• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Just be careful! (Reminder for Syd BL'ers)

shal

Bluelighter
Hey Groovers,

I wanted to write up this very quickly as a reminder to all. Be careful when out and about on the streets. I live in Kings Cross and recently I've seen a HUGE number of Police, Dogs and Patrols happening.

Police are busting minor, small time, dealers and buyers in all directions. The amount of people I see in Kings Cross being searched or arrested is unbelievable. Literally everyday I walk down the street someone is being searched, cuffed or dogs are patrolling.

I'm especially noticing this close, near, or around train stations. Be cautious and don't do anything stupid.

It seems the Police are really making more of a presence around Sydney and surronding areas by cracking down on the drug trade. The Redfern bust was another example of this recent activitie by NSW Police.

I don't know about other states but I know the threat is real. I've also heard lately of many small time users being busted at random by these methods. Simply carrying a small amount of weed or chemicals can land you with a criminal record and it's just not worth it.

You are not immune. Remember the risk is real and that you should take care and responsibilitie if you are considering carrying drugs on you in the street. Remember - Everything has a consequence!

You never know when one of those cute little puppies might come for a sniff.

Is anyone else noticing increased Police activity in or around Sydney?

Stay safe! Stay out of Trouble and Have fun!

shals :D

When did you notice this happening? I was out n about in Kings Cross every day for 2 weeks about 3 weeks ago and saw no more police presence than usual. Strange the effort they go to to only bust minor dealers and buyers, but I guess the Cross is so out in the open that they have to make it look like they are at least trying to make a dent in the drug trade there.

last few months I've definately been seeing more cops at train stations, often with one or two dogs along with them and often with someone who looks distressed getting their details written down..

This is ludicrous!! What the hell is this country coming to, if you can't walk down the street without getting your privacy invaded by dogs that want to sniff my nutt-sack.

I'd imagine it will start to happen in the areas of Melbourne that are well known for illicit drug trade/trafficking.

Hey, I've got an idea for the government. Why don't they just abolish the use of cash-money and issue out special cards with a certain amount of credits on them (get paid so many credits from where you work+get de-credited for every item one buys)?
At least that way, the government could monitor exactly what the citizens are spending their hard earned cash on hence:- Stopping all illegal/black trade and tax evasion.

Don't mean to sound like a whinging moper here... but this country is truly going down the gurgler as the decades move on.

Anyone for some "Victory Gin"?

Yeah i live in the cross too, it's been a bit busier then usual. Should die down soon. Just don't keep your drugs in stupid places and stay relaxed in front of the sniffer crew.

Deformed_Neuron said:
Hey, I've got an idea for the government. Why don't they just abolish the use of cash-money and issue out special cards with a certain amount of credits on them (get paid so many credits from where you work+get de-credited for every item one buys)?

Hawke wanted to bring in something similar to that. It was going to be called 'The Australian Card' IIRC.

i live in hornsby. its not unusual to see those pigs in blue jumpsuits with their cute little labs more than 3 times a month. they are usually about when school finishes, like 3:30pm, (targeting weed?). But yeh i read a report that we are one of the most patrolled areas in sydney, so keep an eye out.

Sowle said:
When did you notice this happening? I was out n about in Kings Cross every day for 2 weeks about 3 weeks ago and saw no more police presence than usual. Strange the effort they go to to only bust minor dealers and buyers, but I guess the Cross is so out in the open that they have to make it look like they are at least trying to make a dent in the drug trade there.

Of late - The last few weeks, especially in the afternoons, night time and early morning (6:30) - Standing around, Patrolling, driving up and down. I've seen the dogs mostly outside Kings Cross train station. Waiting for people to walk through either way.

shals :D

i woudlnt worry about carrying your stash on you. unless its weed.
from my experience the dogs dont seem to pik up on 1 or 2 pingers. i dont know about meth tho.
but weed is a differ story.
even if u did get caught with your personal weed stash its only a caution isnt it? or a fine. i think its officers choice tho. whether or not to charge you or caution you. :\

if you have ever been convicted of a crime police aren't allowed to give you a caution and must charge you (unless they decide to forget about it and not record anything, which they're not likely to do in these circumstances as they're searching for drugs specifically)

The dogs were patrolling the main streets of Kings Cross the last two nights in a row. I saw so many people get busted with pills, weed, heroin and speed.

Last night this guy got some scales confiscated after the dog jumped on him, and the Kings Cross coppers put them in water and took the little metal part out for the batteries while he was gone, and then they give them back to him at the end of the night.

Last edited:
Pre-election time ladies and gentlemen. The goverment is going to be doing these kind of crackdowns. Just to show the public that they are doing something. Very interesting to note how many times there are camera's filming drug busts and people getting caught by dogs.
Bobb Carr you aren't solving crap. People getting done for small amounts of chems is just a load of crap. All thats happening is increasing strain on our legal system and wrongfully using our police resources.

Christian Soldier said:
Last night my mate got some scales confiscated after the dog jumped on him, and the Kings Cross coppers put them in water and took the little metal part out for the batteries while we we're gone, and then they give them back to my mate at the end of the night.

That's weird, but admittedly if your friend is carrying scales around town, then you have to anticipate obscure reactions.

I thought it was pretty funny that they broke the law and did 2 things to make sure he couldn't use them. He goes back to the station and chucks 'em on the front desk and says yeah i'll just go buy some new ones right now. This guys a jewler anyway, he's always carrying scales on him. He even had a diamond tester on him, but they still took the scales.

Last edited:
Also an interesting thing happened with the sniffer dog that night. 3 people are walking side by side, they see the dog and 4 cops walking towards them so they cross the road, the cop recognises one of the guys and runs after the 3 guys, while one of the 3 guys with an ounce in his pants walks casually away from the scene, somehow they didn't notice him walk away as the dog jumped on the guy who just had a few bongs before this happened.

So smelling like you just had a sesh is more likley for the dog to signal you then if you had an ounce on you.

I think it's all a fukn waste, they should however, remove the street rat junkiez who are scabbin money for a hit off the street, at least in appearance things look better - targetting a few dudes who've just had a sesh and doing them over for a gram? it doesn't solve anything... *off topic a lil, my dad shot a junkie in kings cross for ripping him off hehehe in the late 80's, dude didn't die but o.d'd and died a week later* So Coppers who are on bluelight err.. Get Smart

What? Shoot junkies on the street so it looks better? That won't help people with drug addiction disorders.

no.. not shoot them
lol... just lock them up for the night or something, i dunno, comming down, dumb ideas lol

TranceNation said:
Pre-election time ladies and gentlemen. The goverment is going to be doing these kind of crackdowns.

Wrong election dude, policing is a STATE, not federal issue!!!

So if this had any correlation to 'election timing' it would be very weird , considering we've just had our NSW state elections earlier in the year...

PS. this is my first post, hi all =D

I have frequented Kings Cross many a time, and always there has been a strong police presence (especially weekends). I don't think this is anything new, but I think the new thing is they are targeting minor offenders which is unusual, coz last year I was there, had some shit on me, and 10 cops were hassling me and some samoans I was hanging with. They just searched us, looked at our shit and said "aah we're after the real dealers, u guys can go now". No confiscation or nuttin. I guess all this petty shit is as ppl have mentioned thanks to pre-election crap.

Peace Out