• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Describe the taste before the IV heroin rush

amnesiaseizure

Bluelighter
So yeah, I've been trying to think how I would describe that taste you get before it all kicks in and TBH, I'm having real trouble.

I think I'd say it was a slighly alcohol fumey like smell that rises from the back of my throat to the front of my face but that still doesn't quite cover it. It's also slightly metallic but errr, still not there.

So what do you think and how would you go about describing it?....

yeah its a very peculiar taste, and i have a hard time recalling the taste to my mind since i haven't use for a while...

grr, if i had a few bags i'd be able to describe it much easier

for some reason the taste of blood seems familiar, or it reminds me of blood, but i don't know why

This specific taste was the reason for doing lots of foolish shit like sharing needles and wrecking my life.
I wish i could ever forget that taste, few sec's away from the only way of returning to the womb. I would describe it as a strong yet pleasant chemical taste all over the inside of my tongue.

^^^^
Not really, Blood just taste like well, Blood! I don't drink blood or any of that shit but I have sucked on cuts before. Blood taste more salty than anything to me.

I use opiates all the time, Fentanyl, Demerol, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine IV, and what is this "TASTE" everyone talks about.

Do you get a taste in your mouth after shooting dope or something or is it some other slang???

Meth, coke, heroin all give me extremely strong tastes in my mouth/throat after I inject... heroin is definetely the worst of them all and I have vomited from the taste alone.

Yes tri-nity, when you shoot heroin you get a very strong taste in your mouth and at the back of your throat before the rush settles in. It's got a very particular taste to it butis really hard to describe. Oh, and blood does have a metallic taste - it's due to the levels of iron it has in it.

I notice the taste of coke (and meth has a nasty chemical taste) a lot more, heroin doesn't have as strong of a taste for me (maybe because I shoot tar?).

The taste is from the acetic anhydride, I've been told. Shooting dilaudids gives a really interesting, not too bad, metallic taste in the very back of your mouth. Happens about the time the rush hits. I love that taste (which tastes absolutely nothing like the pills taken orally, which is of course a total waste).

nothing is worse than shooting opium, the taste of poppies is the shitest i've ever tried. i have to have prepared lighted cigarete in my mouth and some beer around me to kill this taste. this summer i shot just opium prepared by myself, so many poppies grow in my city...

Chubba75 said:
Meth, coke, heroin all give me extremely strong tastes in my mouth/throat after I inject... heroin is definetely the worst of them all and I have vomited from the taste alone.

hmm now i'm interested.. is that usual or unusual (in general)?

I don't think the taste is really in your mouth.. but begins within your lungs and can be exhaled through your breath.. for me, it's like a mixture of blood and what I can only describe as the smell when heroin is cooking.

Whenever I get the first onset of the taste, I breath in really deep and savor it..

I've gotten simliar tastes from banging OCs and Dilaudid.. not the same but similar. Which leads me to believe that the taste has a lot to do with blood that has had its flavor changed. Go figure that I've never noticed a taste when shooting coke.

IV opiates never really gave me a "taste" so to speak. But I do get a strong and nauseating taste from a number of iv psychedelics.

I hate shooting heroin sometimes, it smellls like shit from when im cookin it up until its inside me i couldnt describe it though, reminds me of rust for some reason....

I always thought I got the heroin taste when I shot because of the fact that the drug travels through the capillaries in your toungue and lungs,,,,I also get the coke taste when IVing that....once I got a CAT scan at the hospital and they gave me contrast fluid via IV so they could see my organs....I could tast that shit IMMEDIATELY and it was very intense......wierd...must be the drug travelling through your mouth/lungs?? I don't know for sure....never really minded it tho....even heroin doesn't bother me....

DPT for one, has a hell of a rush, but it's not pleasant in any aspect of the word. More like HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST DO, trying to hold onto the floor. Very distinct taste, can't really describe it, but it floods your mouth and neck and lungs. Very disgusting feeling.

A friend of mine who IV'ed a number of phens describes the taste of being a "sharp bitterness".