Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Info request - 5HTP?? In Australia??

auswaverider

Bluelighter
Is 5HTP available in Australia anywhere...I have asked at health food shops and chemists and they always say, never heard of it!! Tried a couple of naturopaths too and no luck.
Anyone know if its available in Australia?
Cheers

buy it from US. cheaper, faster and easier.
try www.iherb or seacoast vitamins. pick up other vitamins while you are there to make it worth your while, ie dlpa, st johns wort, l-tyrosine, alpha lipoic acid, l-glutamine etc etc etc etc
see: Personal Imports of St John's Wort and 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan
Please be advised that you do not require an import permit under the
Customs ( Prohibited Imports ) Regulations to import these substances.
However, the maximum quantity allowed for import at any one time is 3
month's supply and nmt 15 months supply in any 12 month period.
cheers
pinger

Heller's health foods in chatswood 029438 3285 can order it in... i got mine in the uk.

I contacted Great Earth. The nice attendant said they used to sell 5-htp in abundence however their supplier no longer sells it to them. Apparently it is available on a prescription only basis.
I'll be trying a few other places around Melbourne also. I have a hole in my head and i need 5-htp to fix it.
frown.gif

I ordered it from www.iherb.com it cost me US$44 for two containers (180 capsules) it took about 10 days to arrive & it works a treat !
------------------
Electrify Me !!!

Hey there,
I'm in Sydney, and I ordered 5-HTP over the net from the iherb site, and it arrived within a week, and cost $26(US dollars, including shipping).
Apparrently it's legal to possess it in Australia but illegal to sell it, probably why you can't find it here. Iherb was really good to deal with, efficient and relatively inexpensive, and a lot easier than trying to find some in Australia.
Hope this helps, (and i hope iherb appreciate the free plug)
wink.gif

From Joesie
smile.gif

------------------
**Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be dissapointed**

Can some one do me a huge favour and let me know exactly what that stuff is? So many people on here talk about it, yet i still have no idea what so ever what it is! Thanks Alot!
------------------
Like I Always Say "There Is Nothing Like A Good Head Fuck!"
[email protected]

Hey does anyone know how many containers you are actually allowed to bring in at one time as there is some sort of limit on this right? Also is there any reason you cant actually buy it in OZ but its ok to from overseas..?? I dont get that at all. ALwayz bloody hasslez isnt there.
smile.gif

Would be good if the people that import EZ-Test would import 5HTP... <HINT HINT HINT>
Well, I am sure that we will see it in Australia very soon cos I dont want anything like that on my CC. Mainly due to my over paranoid brain.
Well, not overly paranoid cos I know they are all watching me
wink.gif

need some help from 5-htp users.
made a visit to iHerb web site and there are about 10 choices to make when selecting 5-htp.
from your experience and the products on offer at iHerb, what is the best 5-htp/vitamin combo for pre and post rolling benefit.
thanks in advance ;-)

Bzzzzz,
5HTP is 5 - Hydroxy Tryptophan....which is an amino acid of sorts I believe. Anyway basically it is one of the 'raw materials' necessary to make seratonin in your brain. So the reason for taking it is to try and replenish your depleted seratonin levels more rapidly by providing the ingredients.
smile.gif

Hope that helps.

Pink,
I get the 100mg capsules that contain Vitamin C and B6 as well. Vitamin B6 helps in the conversion 5HTP to serotonin (not sure if vitamin C does the same but it can't hurt). I could by a cheaper brand and then take vits B&C separately but I'm a lazy ass.
wink.gif

Works great for me though.
------------------
Jon: Garfield, let's just sit here and think deep thoughts. <Pause> Do monkeys marry?
Garfield: Come back! You're too deep!