Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

posting sensitive information tips.

dangermouse

Bluelighter
hi all.
not meaning to do a moderators job, just wanted to mention a few tips.
address everyone by their nicknames. don't use real names on the board.
give city location and party location, do *not* give suburb or work locations.
if your ISP is not transparent proxying, simply add your ISP's proxy into your browser settings. no need for anyone to know your IP address. why? if someone fucks up and bluelight need to give logs, then if the IP address of your proxy is there instead of your IP address, then it makes it one step harder to get back to your IP address :-]
if you want more information off someone regarding anything discussed on the board, email them, rather than asking direct questions in a public post.
oh, and get a web-based email address for fucks sakes :-]
i love youse all :-]
ciao!

Damn right
Shaft - Right On
------------------
Life is short, Roll hard

Yep, I totally agree - I tend to get a little careless when rolling, which is usually when I'm on here spreading nasty rumours...
On a similar note, but off the topic ;-) , I was contemplating the difference between drug dealers and users who sell as well. What I mean is I know people who I would consider dd's (and I wont reveal who they are even with electric shocks and thumb screws!) - they don't use the stuff all that often and will say/do anything to get it sold.
I have been known from time to time to help out friends (and not-so friends, which costs more...) - but there is no way I'd try and stiff someone, even a stranger at a party. I guess this goes along with the general essence of the PLUR philosophy - I've been asked at clubs for pills, and even if I have been stiffed myself with average stuff then I say just that, and normally part with it at cost if it's still wanted.
People piss me off that cruise clubs with shit or counterfeit biccies, and then pass them off at top prices - the kiddies run off all excited and euphoric only to be let down an hour later when they realise they have been stiffed! Shit, I've even been known to give stuff away to people that look like the need a little pick-me-up :) "party pills are free!!!"
I guess the law doesn't distinguish, or give a shit, between the two - but I just wanted to make a point of discussion. Maybe we should report bad experiences of this kind as well to educate others. And good ones too! Never know, if someone cuises up a pops a biccie in your mouth one night it might be me! (yea, I know you should never take candy from strangers...)
Cheers,
hux.

You can't hide your IP address... but if you go through a proxy server the IP address of the proxy server gets logged in bluelight's web logs rather than yours.
That way, if anyone *needed* to trace you they could only get to the proxy address, from there, they'd need to ask the ISP to chase you down.
Most ISP's don't keep extensive proxy logs, so you have a better chance of staying anonymous.
ciao.

hi all.
its not illegal for an ISP to look at your traffic whether you are going through a proxy or not.
most ISP's don't care what you look at. its not their concern and they will not call up the relative authorities if you go to www.bluelight.ru or www.kidssex.com or whichever.
how do i know this? cos i'm a network administrator at a large ISP, that's why :-]
ISP's can check out your data at anytime, it's just easier to check out when it's on a proxy. however, your ISP is friendly the big bad internet is not... i'd suggest to anyone that has a concern that they use their ISP's proxy or they use an anonymizer proxy.
i'm quite sure bluelight uses cookies. how could it use IP? there are proxy issues and all sorts of funny stuff when using IP to remember someone's username/password..
ciao!

bluelight does use cookies - 99.9% certain
smile.gif

hey, thanks to all y'all for taking care of this question... i'm away in 'delaide right now so i haven't been online much... so big props to all the regs that helped sort this out.. and no, no one is stepping on my toes, anyone who's got an answer should post it...
as for cookies, yeah there is a couple but they are pretty benign, and to tell the truth dont work too well... theres one that puts the li'l light bulbs on the main forum board and theres the one that remembers your nickname, neither of which seem to work consistently...
if you are paranoid about cookies then just disable them in your browser...
but as for overall net paranoia, well my only thought on this when we start getting persecuted for thought crimes (and writing stuff in here is just thoughts as far as i am concerned) then big brother is here and its time for armed insurrection.... hmmm i think i just committed conspiracy to incite rebellion... oh well
smile.gif

------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...