• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drugs that messed you up mentally

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYDspeedcore

Bluelighter
what drugs have u taken during ur life time that ur pretty sure caused you to have mental problems for a medium or long term period, for example if mdma made u depressed for amonth after taking it...

for me mdma, meth caused me to have really bad anxiety

then what drugs do you think are mentally safe...

Diphenhydramine fucked my short term memory for a while.
It's not bad now, but still not like it was before.

And before anyone jumps me for using that shit, I didn't use much or often. Usually took them to help me get to sleep.

I think Meth definitely caused me to develop quite a bit of anxiety and possibly some social phobia's. I still have them.

Also, on a side note, meth made gave me some nasty tic's which still haven't quite gone away even after 6-7 months.

when i first started smoking weed all day i use to lose my keys 3 times a day. after a while my mind learned to function better on weed.

weed made me lazy as hell
cocaine made me suicidal and chronically depressed

ecstacy made me depressed for a while

coke made me a phychotic speedy manic depressive as well as extremely suicidal and anxious now. it has chanegd me forever, and i hate it.

weed made me stupid

wow....ya i had a really bad shroom trip last night where i kinda started to think that its all just a bunch of bullshit and my life is shit..i cant get out of this rut, i lie about how i feel and think, im so depressed i dont even want to try to make my life better..im sick of it, sick of it all...i dont want to be anymore.

XTC4EVA said:
wow....ya i had a really bad shroom trip last night where i kinda started to think that its all just a bunch of bullshit and my life is shit..i cant get out of this rut, i lie about how i feel and think, im so depressed i dont even want to try to make my life better..im sick of it, sick of it all...i dont want to be anymore.

That was exactly what my first shroom trip was like. After the trip I felt like shit in the beginning and couldn't find joy in anything i did. Then i just started doing the normal things i had always done, spending time with friends, sometimes my family, basically just did what i had always done in the past and it slowly went away. My big brother actually had a name for that experience and i read about it in one of his books, not sure what the name was but I'm sure that if you continue to live your life like you have always done, it will go away, it did for me anyway...

-Rune

DXM only after two times of using, although It's gotten way better things I noticied were:
Messed up sleep patterns
Anxiety
Anxious around mirrors and being alone in the dark

Most have subsided and it's about about a month. It's mostly anxiety. If you decide to do this don't look in a mirror.

meeeeeeeeeeeevvvilltttth

Meth fucked me up completely. It changed me as a person. It ruined me mentally and caused me many issues in life. Fuck meth...

shals :(

PS: I agree below with Anzraver, Benzos caused me more troubles then meth, but meth was the start and cause of my benzos abuse! - Benzos and Meth both suck!

Then again, If you abuse it, YOU LOOSE IT!

Last edited:
Re: meeeeeeeeeeeevvvilltttth

shal said:
Meth fucked me up completely. It changed me as a person. It ruined me mentally and caused me many issues in life. Fuck meth...

shals :(

i thought it was benzo's?

Nope. Benzos came after the meth to help with the anxiety. Thats my latest problem and hopefully my last. Meth fucked me up mentally, though I would agree so has benzos. Actually, maybe ur right, I feel meth brought on my anxiety, but benzos has been the hardest battle to escape from, the worst feelings, etc!

shals :D

i never understood why people would try to escape one drug addiction by starting up a new drug with a new addiction. now you got 2 addictions instead of one. you wanna make that 3?

how much are you guys doing or is this just because some people have addictive personalities? personally, i do benzo's on the comedown 1X/week from stimulants. never had a problem with any addiction to any drug and i do em all. i've been doing meth for 4 years, but only orally to keep me up partying maybe 1X every 1-2 weeks. are you guys smoking, snorting, iv''ing the meth? how much benzo's are you guys doing to get an addiction? i can't even do drugs on the weekdays cuz i work 6 days/week.

Pot brought out some psychotic symptoms. Can't really put my finger on them, but they are there.

I've spent nights basically uncomforably insane, and I attribute it to all the pot I've smoked. I've got similiar symptoms to paranoid schizophrenia :\

For me... when I first started smoking weed it really fucked me over, but then after that you learn to cope with it.
But then... when I quit smoking, I came to the realization that I was becoming mildly depressed without the stuff and my memory was like that of a 69 year old crack-whore.

I know alotta people that claim pills have fucked them over mentally. Plus, I know those who claim that acid has given them shitty permanant (semi-permanant??) after-effects like HPPD, depression and social anxieties.

The beauty with weed though, is it appears (for me anyways) that your memory tends to come back after a few months of cessation of use. :)

hmmm... I'll go over a list of my addictions and say which have effected me the most.

weed - probably, overall, the most. It was a lot worse during middle/high school days but I can still tell the laziness of not wanting to do anything.

acid - never had a problem with substancial use

shrooms - as some others have said, I also have felt like my life is shit for a few days... yet this is only with field mushrooms, hydroponic/homegrown usually treats me just nice. :)

meth - one of the worst, i only did this for about a month, but it started out as a gram a day, which then turned into an 8ball a day, eventually getting worse. I will never do this drug again, my personality is way too addicting.

coke-nothing really at all except I'm irritable after a binge.

wippits - makes me stupid forever!!! lol

Livestock - been the last few years, this last one great. I went with 10 hits of acid, 45 mg 2ci, two 8balls of yizo (between myself and 3 other people), 2 cases of beer, 1 bottle of jack, i brought an oz of nugs, while the rest of the people together combined us over a qp for the camper, and lastly, a cracker and over 250 whippits. Let me tell you when i went to sleep on the way home, i didnt know if I was waking back up. Combining these was horrible after 3 days of not sleeping, not doing this again. Next livestock it's all acid/shrooms and coke for me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.