• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Permanent negative effects from drug use (K,pills, etc.)

Cpt.Caveman

Bluelighter
Has anyone here that uses K noticed any longer term negative effects from the drug?

Such as reduced ability to think clearly, short term and long term memory not up to scratch, times of feeling "numbness" on occasion?

Just wandering if this is common because I have reduced my use of all drugs a lot in the last couple of months but these sort of effects are still lingering. It could just be that I never let my brain fully recover because I usually wait around 1-2 months between taking pills and have used K on about 3 occasions (a fair bit on each occasion mind you) in the last 6 months. The last time using K being about 2 months ago.

Sounds like it would be the whole mixture dude. I'd say give it a break for a few months (if not give it all up together) especially the Ketamine usage... from what I hear, through extended abuse this drug can develop "Olney's Legions" (why someone would want such a pain in the ass illness to be named after them is beyond me). :)

Olney's Lesions
John Olney reported that at a dosage of 40 mg/kg ketamine produced fluid-filled vacoules in the brains of rats. These disappeared in several days; however, when PCP and MK-801 (related chemicals) were given, some permanent cell death/damage occured.

Researchers have been unable to produce Olney Vacuoules in primates or human beings. The brain of primates has a metabolism half the speed of that in rodents. It is plausible that damage is prevented or reduced by this factor. Unfortunately, the studies that have been done have not been published, and nowhere near enough of them have been performed to be conclusive.

Mental Impairment
Many users have reported mental impairment, in a variety of forms, that they believe to be the result of their ketamine use.

This could be caused by a number of issues. Psychological ones, like post traumatic stress syndrome, genetic ones, pre-existing conditions, some function of the c-Fos protein, Olney's Lesions or something undiscovered. It could also be placebo. Currently there is not enough researchto assume ketamine is safe, but at the same time, it isn't a drug to be feared.
From the FAQ linked above.

BigTrancer :)

i know a friend who use to use pure k(ketamil/ketamine) too much that he had a break and when truied it again it didnt effect him at all. so hes like some how built up a reistance to it.

I know a dude who regularly I.Vs K, I've been told it's really unhealthy... As far as im concerned, K was designed for animals, as a tranq. y the fuck use it recreationally? i don't mind the occasional bit of K in a nice bik, but shit, fuck taking dried Ketamine powder - more the point, paying a good amount of cash for it - RIP OFF... Keep away from the K... just drop 5 weak sleeping pills - similar effect lol. even maybe a few valiums.. i've had fun like that!

Ketamine was designed for humans.. Get your facts right for a start

Ketamine hydrochloride ("Special K" or "K") was originally created for use as a human anaesthetic, and is still used as a general anaesthetic for children, persons of poor health, and in veterinary medicine.

Aye, I feel that over the past few months (since about April odd), I've been becoming more stupid by the weekend.

I've been consuming one kind of drug or another (typically meth or 1,4b. the occasional MDxx pill), on average every second weekend

my symptoms?
my pronunciation has gone down the drain, my thoughts wander more often, my concentration remains the same (ie. non-existent), and occasionally I work myself into a rage while trying to solve mental blocks.
It may also be due to the mind numbing boredom imposed by uni. I'm prepared to blame drugs first

Mood-swings brought on by the drugs have decreased though. I'm don't get my normal 2-week comedown from stimulants any more either

mebbe I've grown accustomed to them?

- moe

If you want to feel better, QUIT.
you will find you become smarter in a short period of time, and feel alot better. Within weeks, not months.

eat vegetables and fruit too. <-- i think that might be so overlooked, i see people come down for a couple of days longer, and all they do is eat shit food.

the more drugs you eat the worse you feel.

You are what you eat :)

I know the discussion in this thread has mainly been about K, but the title also refers to pills, so here goes;

Before I ever took MDMA, I had never experienced eye flickers / wiggles (nystagmus).

As much as I enjoy a good set of eye wiggles when I'm rolling, I've found it a bit weird that even when I'm straight, every now and then (3-4 weeks), out of the blue, I'll get a quick 'lil bit of an eye flicker (only for a fraction of a second). I am 100% sure this didn't happen before I started taking MDMA. (Or maybe it did, and I just didn't notice it, cos I didn't relate it to anything??)

Now, I don't know if this is a negative effect from drug use, or if its even from drug use at all. Maybe, deep in my sub-concious, I give myself eye wiggles because I know I can, and I know how to do it. Whereas I never used to have them, maybe because I didn't know I could have them???

Or maybe its more than that - maybe I've damaged some part of my brain, causing me to have these short wiggles - who knows?

Originally I enjoyed them when they came, as it took me back to how great I felt last weekend or whatever, when I was rocking - but now its a bit odd, as I rarely use MDMA, and still get the flickers every now and again...

Permanent damge - I've got no idea?

erokr