Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug fucked

Baker

Bluelighter
How does someone’s physical or mental makeup affect their reactions to drugs?
Does pain make someone more susceptible to the effects of opiates? Does intelligence affect someone’s sensitivity to a drug (would it be higher or lower)? Also does someone who’s smart have more self control or less and is it due to the fact they are more or less sensitive.
How do people with ADHD react to drugs, I’ve got friends who pretty much turn into someone else under the influence of marijuana seem heavily sedated by amphetamines.
Is alcahol sensitivity or someone being a “lightweight” attributed to physical or mental build, are they more susceptible to lower self control because they are smart or stupid? Are people already with a high level of “social IQ” empathy or knowledge of social relationships less susceptible to the effects of MDMA? Some people I’ve spoken to who naturally are already very aware of touch, taste and smell feel numbed by the MDMA experience… Does someone who is mentally impaired or whatever act get affected less due to lowered brain function or circulation?
How is the sense of “fucked-upness” perceived by different individuals because of their genetic, personal development or socialized views affect the way someone feels under a drug? Why do people exert less self control and more randomness, while others seem even more withdrawn from society under alcahol, MDMA or whatever? Also some people who have trouble hearing and trouble seeing notice significant improvements while under the influence of psychedelics, they say they feel more aware of their surroundings as the layers between ones perception and physical surroundings seem to break away. Would an intelligent mind feel more overwhelmed by the confusion brought on by LSD or would they handle it better, there would obviously be a different level of brain function and it would affect different areas of the brain?
Of course we can talk about lower serotonin, lower dopamine etc and that kind of thing but how do different people get affected so diversely under the influences of drugs. I personally can notice low dosages of anything, e.g. 5mg codeine, chocolate, milk. I notice the effects foods and psychoactive’s have on my body at perceived low levels. Although when I am intoxicated with alcahol, weed, MDMA or whatever I generally become more aware of my surroundings and the effects of the drugs on my brain and therefore often can accidentally become more withdrawn. There is higher confidence but I’m aware and choices made have the contradictions associated but are just easier to ignore. Anyway what I’ve found is after taking nootropics for a while I’ve noticed while drunk I act differently and am generally less aware of my actions and are more prone to “stupid” behaviour, before I notice the physical intoxication advocated by the alcahol.
Healthy, mind and body, fast metabolism, allergy’s etc definitely effect the way a drug is processed but to what extent?
What makes addictive personality’s”
I’m contemplating the effects that lower physical self awareness and higher mental awareness or the opposite effect drugs have?
Sorry if my philosophy is stupid, or pointless and if it doesn’t make sense? And please notify me if this has been discussed before or belongs somewhere else, I didn’t know what to search for…
Feel free to add your own 2c =D

PS im not on any drugs atm if thats what your thinking :)

Erm... I can only say it has alot of things to do with the chemical make-up of your brain, etc... it's as simple as that.

I'm pretty sure there are more informative answers, but with all of those questions rolled into one thread... I don't believe there really is a simple answer.

Really to be honest... the only thing I can suggest, is if you really want to get down to the "nitty-gritty" of things, you should do a rather extensive search on the net. But... if you want a really sure and informative answer, take up neurochemistry or something.

But then... if you want to know how it affects you, why don't you do what alot of other people do and just take every drug under the sun to see how it is??

Ohhh, yeah... by the way Baker, I'm sure you're aware the last suggestion is not a wise idea, taking "every drug under the sun" may very well turn you into a "Drug-Fuck", I'm sure you're aware of this, please don't do it!!

Ohhh, yeah dude. Just outta curiosity, you seem to have decent spelling habits... but are you seriously convinced Alcohol is spelled "alcahol"??? :)

no im definitely not convinced alcohol is spelt "alcahol".. I don't know i kept doing that sorry bout it. I thought i fixed that when i was like 10 :(
Anyway yeah thanks for the input.
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience.
I am interested in neurochemistry or neuropharmacology.
Just wondering if anyone has any opinions, I don't mind if they are off topic because i think its an interesting discussion and anything that is even remotely related in context to the question would be interesting. Maybe the question is a bit full on but just wanted to compare experiences, and knowledge :)
Thanks DN

Nah, I thought you knew how alcohol was spelt, I was just curious, lol.
There are quiet a few people that know alot about Pharmacology, Neurochemistry, etc... if noone replies anything that can help, I suggest doing a thorough read through the Drug Faqs on this site, they're fairly usefull.

I also know that a few of the mods in Australian Drug Discussion know their shit too. Plus, I recall there being a thread called, "My grandma doesn't know the difference between speed and Methamphetamine." or something like that, some really usefull info in there.

Another thing... have you browsed through www.erowid.org , they usually have extensive information on just about every chemical out there, plus easily comprehensive for layman as well.

But... if you don't find what you want, look through the Erowid links section, they could refer you to some fairly informative sites. Good luck mate! :)

Yeah thanks I have read most of the FAQ’s here and that particular thread "My grandma doesn't know the difference between speed and Methamphetamine."
and erowid is a very resourceful site which is very interesting, which has the same message posted around the site

"Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Erowid's dosage information is a summary of data gathered from users, research, and other resources and should not be construed as recommendations. Individuals can respond differently to the same dosage. What is safe for one can be deadly for another."

But basically I’m interested to hear Bluelighters responses, as people here are generally fairly knowledgeable in regards to specific examples or self observation/experience. With particular regards to the erowid statement “Know your Body - Know your Mind”.
What are your experiences to any of your friends have weird reactions to specific drugs, one of the obvious ones being DXM where some don’t have the liver enzyme CYP-2D6 resulting in bad experiences.
But yeah any speculation into friends having weird experiences would be interesting.
Have you had a weird response to a drug deformed_neuron?

OW, sorry I have a demon sitting on my liver.

BT =D

PS: Might go read my horoscope.

I have ADHD and I find I am very quiet/sedated and focused when on stimulants. This also includes low doses of caffeine.
MDMA pretty much like anyone else,loved up, chatty full of empathy and talking shit.
Marijuana I tend to get hyperactive from.
Alcohol I get quite hyperactive from.
Nicotine I get hyperactive if I have had too many Nicorette microtabs during the day.
Alprazolam makes me feel Kalma than usual ;) (most benzos do actually excpet for Diazepam which tends to get me hyper)
Moclobemide gets me very stimulated and quite agressive.

Does that help?

Well, yeah... when I first tried smoking pot at about the age of 15-16 I had a "bad-trip" (I guess you could call it that). My reaction was that over-whelming that I didn't know where the fuck I was for a few minites, or what just happened. I started abusing my mates and told them they were pricks for getting me into drugs and stuff (No, really.)
and... I kept on saying that I was going to touch the electrical fence that was near the creek for some reason. (Don't ask me why I did.) Finally, I layed down on the grass at the opening of the creek we were in and just had this constant feeling of Doom and Fear, It felt like I was having trouble breathing and my jeart was pounding through my chest. It also seemed like that every 4 seconds or so my brain would fall asleep for a few seconds and then "awaken" leaving a strange after-image in my mind, like really poor frame-rates I guess.

Ever since then, I never really had a bad or adverse reaction to any drugs apart from Shrooms for a few minutes, the effects from the Shrooms were a bit more intense than the weed. But when I did Shrooms I was alot more older and kinda new what to expect.

Also, my little brother had a bad experience from smoking weed and I recall my Mum telling my brother and I she had a bad reaction when she was about our age when she first tried smoking pot. So, I'm guessing it could have something to do with our genetic make-up, and marijuana bringing something out in us we weren't meant to see.

But, then... My brother and I have been smoking pot since we experienced those "bad-trips" and have loved every experience after it, it's strange.

Other than that...
Methamphetamine-Puts me in a mood of immense clarity and makes me a little hyperactive (like, wanting to do constructive things more than anything) but... not has "hypo" as I thought it would.

Benzodiazapenes (Valium, Xanax)- Well, with the Valium I don't really feel that much, but the Xanax and another similar drug I tried called "Seropax" give me a funny "Black-out" effect, where I am completely conscious and can perform normally. But afterwards cannot remember anything at all. (that's obviously in larger dosages) In smaller doses, it makes me feel kinda "Floaty" and relaxed.

MDXX- Pretty much like everyone else. I feel extremely "loved-up" and a bit euphoric for about 5 hours, but kind of notice and "afterglow" for about a day afterwards. Whilst in the experience, my senses seem to heighten and conversation flows easier and freely... I sometimes have come out with things that I have later regretted (like shit I have told my ex-girlfriend.) Ohhh, by the way, whilst on E things like getting a massage are extremely sensual to me.

Heroin (Insufflated)- In smaller doses, I feel only what I can describe as a "closensess" to other, but this would just be the euphoric effects of the drug, a sense of empathy, "clear-headed" and somewhat stimulated to the point of even washing the dishes is enjoyable.
In larger doses however, I generally get "smacked-out" and just want to roll around on the couch all day, a bit of itchiness and I think for reasons due to my indigestion, I vomit (sometimes). I basically feel high for a good day or so... I think because I don't have a raging tolerance.

Heroin (smoked)- Just relaxed and easy-going, sometimes a little grumpy and impatient, not as much itchiness as when snorted and minimal euphoria (I usually smoke when I'm getting shouted, or there are a few others around) Other than that... I usually feel the experience from smoking was a complete waste.

Well, that just about sums it up. I haven't tried Acid yet... but I'm kind of happy with my current state of mind Mushrooms had left me with (permanantly). The Mushrooms appeared to have a positive after-effect on my whole perception of life and also seem to have made me a less judgemental person. I also don't seem to take things for granted as much as what I used to before I took shrooms. Plus, I have noticed I find approaching people and general conversation with others alot more easier afer Shrooms.

Well, that's about all... I hope it helped Baker:)

lol, nah... just for me, whenever I smoke it generally takes me a shitload more of H to get high, than what it would if I was snorting.

From personal experience, smoking the gear has a tendency to eliminate alot of the product and alot of the smoke "escapes" from the opening of the tube, hence:- I'm not inhaling or consuming too much of the product in end.

But then... when snorting, there tends to be less elimination of the product, as it goes straight up into my nostril and most of it is allowed to absorbed into my mucous membranes, which in turn.... gets me heapsa more fucked.

I do notice however, that when snorting... it takes a significantly longer amount of time to take effect. :)

thanks guys
hmmm deformed_neuron i wonder if you had that bad trip with your first mj experience because of your socialized expectations...
I didn't really notice its full effects the first time. I think i was high when i know look back, because i was thirsty, my heart was racing and i didn't feel like moving, but it was very wierd and that was it. No real stoned feeling anywhere near what i got trying it later, i also felt a bit sick. Then i heard people say that you don't get high the first time or something. Then my second or third time if i can remember correctly my legs felt like they had gone numb, very wierd and scary experience.
As for ecstasy i've had some wierd reactions, generally the extreme mood lift seems to come the day after... but while high, smell, taste touch and hearing arn't exactly enhanced they just feel wierd. (i know food tastes crap with everyone) vision dosen't seem to be altered at all. I can hear the sound bouncing off walls, maybe finetuning (common psychadelic response right?), touch feels slightly numbed but more 'fun' i guess. Those seem normal, along with confidence boost, but the delayed euphoria seems wierd...

rm1x said:
I have ADHD and I find I am very quiet/sedated and focused when on stimulants. This also includes low doses of caffeine.
MDMA pretty much like anyone else,loved up, chatty full of empathy and talking shit.
Marijuana I tend to get hyperactive from.
Alcohol I get quite hyperactive from.
Nicotine I get hyperactive if I have had too many Nicorette microtabs during the day.
Alprazolam makes me feel Kalma than usual ;) (most benzos do actually excpet for Diazepam which tends to get me hyper)
Moclobemide gets me very stimulated and quite agressive.

Does that help?

Yeah thats pretty much the response that many people with adhd have, they all seem to have opposite effects. Just wondering, do stimulants sort of relieve pain?
I little while ago i was assessed with add, and prescribed ritalin. I had some wierd responses to that. I feel the blood being pumped around my body, there is sort of a numbing feeling to the touch, but i'm more aware of things, if that makes sense... Anyway i feel like i have heaps of energy, but i don't feel like moving. It is much easier to concentrate and be quiet, but it is also much easier to talk and express ideas clearly for long times as well.
Its wierd, i feel stimulated, yet sedated.
I'm really not sure if i have add.
Maybe i'm half ADD or something?
Coke seems similar to ritalin but a fair bit stronger and shorter lived.
Speed just seems to take away pain and wake me a bit more, doesn't seem to motivate me to get up, but it seems to hide fatigue and therefore if i choose to dance i can.
I could dance or whatever for hours wide awake, or do nothing and feel like sleeping.
I'm really not sure if i have adhd.
Alcohol makes me quite drowsy... but its sorta hard to sleep :eek:
although weed definitely makes me very relaxed, so do opiates, benzo's and various other sleeping tablets.

Are any of these wierd reactions, Am i percieving their effects wrong and therefore having wierd effects. Do you think ADD would affect these results? They generally seem normal, just wondering if something like a slow metabolism or hypersensitivity could have something to do with it?

When i had DXM, i felt screwed and out of place for like a week. Food tasted crap (it was very hard forcing myself to eat for a while). I was robo walking for about 24 hours. My pupils were dilated for about a week, i felt kind of dizzy, and had occasional rushes of euphoria. I thought i had seretonin syndrom... even though there was no bad combination that would have set it off (i know its still possible). I went to the doctors and they said i was crazy and gave me anti-biotics (which did shit all) and i had some musle twitching and rigidness for about a month afterwards, felt very wierd, sort of spacey. The trip itself wasn't pleasant itself but it seemed enlightening, decided never to touch DXM again though.
Are these responses normal, some of them don't seem textbook response, does anyone else experience similar feelings?

Anyway keep any thoughts on the topic coming, don't feel threatened by my post or to stay on topic. I want discussion :D
Cheers