Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pharmaceutical Info Request: Xanax

abcdefg

Bluelighter
pharm chemical: Zenex(sp)

hey people

i was wounding if anyone has heared of this drug. my mates were all raveing about how much fun they are. supposely very strong pharmsticle used for depression/lack of sleep.

Shape: long, 1cm long and thin

Logo: no logo that i can remember but it was divided into four equal sections

Smell: no smell

taste: NA sorry did not taste

Effects: seems to make people very cruisy, kinda lost. no real buzz, last for approximatly 5-6hours. those of my mates who took a hole one reported back the next day as not remebering much of the night, just short framesof memory. those who took half said they had alot of fun and just floated around in the clubs.

seem like a very wired drug, never heard of anything about it before. just wounding if anyone on bluelight has ever had it or heard or it.

The brand name is called Xanax, the chemical is called Alprazolam. The Erowid Alprazolam Vault has some information there. It is an anti-anxiety medication that may also be used to treat insomnia in some cases.

Alprazolam is a benzodiazepine anxiolytic used in the treatment of anxiety disorders. It is marketed as Xanax by Pharmacia/Upjohn. It is considered to be one of the short-half life benzodiazepines with a half-life around 12 hours, with no active metabolite.

There is tonnes of information around, and now you know how to spell it you can find information yourself.

I think you may be referring to Xanax.

Alprazolam (Xanax) is an antianxiety agent, benzodiazepines. Used primarily for short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety and nervous tension. Alprazolam is also effective in the treatment of activity depression or panic attacks. It can be useful in treating irritable bowel syndrome and anxiety due to a neurosis as well. Alprazolam may help the symptoms of PMS if extreme, some cancers pains if given with various narcotics, agoraphobia, essential tremor, and ringing ears.

Adverse Reactions: Possible common side effects include drowsiness and light-headedness. Less common side effects may include headache, confusion, restlessness, psychosis, transient hypotension, tachycardia, dry mouth, nausea and vomiting, constipation and visual disturbances.

I have had it a couple of times, but as a sleep aid only.
I know of people that get enjoyment out of taking xanax recreationally, but I really dont think I could to be honest, half a tablet and I was out cold (which was fine because thats what the intended use was for)
Im not a big fan of benzo's though.
It is a prescription medicine and it is addictive with prolonged or abused use.

*Edit- wow you guys were quick, 2 replies in the time that it took me to type up one!!*

I had 6 .5mg pills of these for my first time(only time) and they knocked me straight out, gave me memory loss even the next morning. Even though I can't remember much of that night I somehow really enjoyed the xanax effect in the times I remember and could easily notice it's addiction potential the next day...

Xanax is highly addictive and withdrawal is a killer so watch yourself with it.

thanx for the replies, god dame spelling error no wounder i couldnt find anything on them.

andyz: ur descrition sounds very familiar with a few of my mates

3mg is quite a large dose. 0.5mg - 1mg is enough to fall asleep with, and also minimises the hangover due to the half life.

had one of these for the first time on sunday morning. was really really good. knocked me out after 5/10 minutes, slept for about 5 hours and woke up fresh as a daisy without feeling scattered like u normally do after youve slept after a night out.