PDA

View Full Version : Poppy Seed - Im HIGH!!!

Pages : [1] 2

MidnightRambler
11-06-2004, 14:34
i recently came across a poppy seed recipe.,using 300g's which states you can get high from them. cooking them properly .using a certain method.dont know if its legal to say how to do so ,so i wont. if anyone has done this could you explain the effects good bad ,e.t.c

twonk
11-06-2004, 17:38
check your pm midnightrambler

all_drugged_up
11-06-2004, 17:43
some1 told me that mixing poppy seeds with pineapple juice gets you fucked up.. something to do with something in the poppy seeds reacting with something in the pinapple juice and making some acid or soething??? im not really sure.. i was wired when i was told about it!

Deformed_Neuron
02-07-2004, 09:04
Dunno... but from what I've heard and read, poppy seeds do not carry a very active amount of opium in them. I have heard of many people attempting to get high from the seeds and felt nothing but sick to their guts.

Hey, wouldn't you think if we could all get nicely high from poppy seeds, we'd all be doing it already?
But, I respect those that are just curious... just expect to be majorly disappointed. =)

kooky_swanky
02-07-2004, 09:25
If you've ever seen an opium poppy, once the petals fall off there is a green bud which if you cut it, excretes a white liquid, which you can scrape off and dry and process to get you high.

As far as I know the poppy seeds, which are inside the pod don't have anything which would get you high. I could be wrong though. Probably best to ask in the Other Drugs forum.

John Candy
02-07-2004, 09:29
^^ They are actually potent and a nice tea can be made with them. Just search for poppy tea. Of course the supermarket variety wont get you high, they have been processed to get rid of any opium. You need an unprosessed poppy pod which contains the seeds, these can be obtained via the internet.

mongman
11-07-2004, 14:42
I just did some reading about poppy seed bought from the supermarket. It seems that there is a small codiene, morphine content in some seed varities. Some suppliers apparently wash the seeds. I just did a simple extraction of about 300 g of seed and am quite high. Not something Im going to do regularly though as I nearly puked toward the end from the taste.

Sounds pretty lame but feels at least as good as 30 mg of pharmacutical morphine snorted!

Any feed back on this? Dangers, experiences etc.

I didnt mention the brand or location I bought the seeds from so Im not breaking the guidlines am I?

Strepsils
11-07-2004, 16:26
try sniffing textas. it's cheaper.

mongman
11-07-2004, 16:43
thanks for the educational and "witty" reply you tool. Try something more constructive if you realy feel the need to comment in the future.

melburn_madness
11-07-2004, 17:03
how did u extract it?

mongman
11-07-2004, 17:40
The seed was put in a large bottle with about 300 ml of liquor (fortified wine, muscat to be exact). This was alowed to soak for 10-15 mins with the lid on. 200 ml or so of hot but not boiling water was added, this was just enough to cover the organic mater. The mixture was agitated for 10 minutes or so then filtered the liquid into another container.
More warm water was added to the remaining organic mater and allowed to soak. This was then filtered and the step repeted once more.

The resulting liquid was then allowed to cool and a small amount consumed. Very bad aftertaste was enough to make me reconsider the whole idea, it was then mixed with some coke and the remainder sculled. 30 Minutes later I started to feel it.
The peak did not reach its full intencity until after I had posted the thread. I would consider the high to be subjectivly stronger than 500 mg of codine, I have a reasonable tollerence and would recomend others to start with much lower doses if they realy needed to try this

twonk
11-07-2004, 19:20
Yeah poppy seeds are fucking awesome if you can find the right, unwashed and potent brands. I have been doing it for awhile and know just about every good brand, and not so good brand. My tolerance did shoot up quite abit, but i never felt like i could be doing some high-level opiates that could get me addicted. Unfortunately i was wrong - i guess when i was dosing, i got a pretty good nod going on for a Very long time - sometimes the high lasted a good 8+ hours. Because the half-life is so long, it can build up tolerance and cause withdrawals very quickly. Its best to keep it to a once a week thing.

Yeah i always thought about 30mg morphine was equal to about 400-500mg of seeds but lately i have come to question that figure. Just last week i had my wisdom teeth removed, and asked for some stronger pain killers than Panadeine Forte or Tramadol - so the doc. prescribed me some Endone (Oxycodone 5mg) Basically i thought i had reached the jackpot - having read about how good the effects are on the net, i felt i was in for some good times. I initially started with 20mg but felt ABSOLUTELY nothing. I figured my tolerance was above this, so the following day i tried 40mg, which once again did nothing, so about 30mins after, i had another 40mg and got a very mild and undesirable warm feeling - nothing of the beautiful effects i was expecting. Could it be that just from poppy seeds, my tolerance is that high? I cant imagine they are that potent, but i guess this proves otherwise. I dont get any withdrawals that go beyond the help of a couple of tramadol when i stop using seeds, so i think my habit isnt that bad, so what gives with the oxycodone then??!!???

My only theory is the thebaine levels in poppy seeds. Maybe because there is a high level of this alkaline in seeds it is effecting the tolerance and uptake of oxycodone - a compound that is derived from thebaine. Who knows, maybe some out there has an answer. It might just be that my body does not absorb oxycodone very well, but that seems highly unlikely.
Thanks.

phase_dancer
12-07-2004, 02:16
If you know where Chinese immigrants first settled in your area, then depending upon what's happened since, you may find opium is still growing wild. I've successfully found wild opium growing in Aus in different areas using this lead. The bulbs can then be boiled down before drinking the extract.

But care is needed. During the seventies, 2 mates of my brother continually raided the gardens round town - then the neighboring towns -until I suggested the weedy paddocks on the edge of town where an asian family had previously lived.

Both these guys began boiling extracting and injecting. Within a year or so, both became serious heroin users, and some 30 years later, the one who's still alive said recently he still raids the gardens when moving to a new town. I think it's the added excitement/ danger of getting caught that keepz him running flat stick through a back yard - dog bite scars have done little to deter :\

If you really want lots of seeds, find a sympathetic baker and order a sack. But heed the warnings of the first poster. Opium is addictive - more than many people first realize - however it's consumed. Also be aware of the varying strength of seed varieties as twonk outlined. While in NZ in 94, a news report detailed another death due to drinking juice from boiled poppy. I don't know about nowadays, but at that time it was legal to grow, possess and even sell opium poppy bulbs - for decoration and dried flower arrangements only, of course =D

mongman
12-07-2004, 08:45
I dont think I will be doing it again, I just got out of bed with a MAJOR headache. I couldnt sleep and was VERY itchy until about 6:30 this morning. At that stage I decided the opoides should have worn off enough for it to be marginaly safe to take 1 mg of clonazapam and a glass of wine. After that I finaly slept.

Im aware of the addiction pottential but dont think I will try it again so am not considering it a problem.

Dr. Beat
12-07-2004, 09:29
Originally posted by mongman
I dont think I will be doing it again, I just got out of bed with a MAJOR headache. I couldnt sleep and was VERY itchy until about 6:30 this morning. At that stage I decided the opoides should have worn off enough for it to be marginaly safe to take 1 mg of clonazapam and a glass of wine. After that I finaly slept.

Im aware of the addiction pottential but dont think I will try it again so am not considering it a problem.

I get the same reaction from poppy seeds, so that is why I have stopped myself. I have had opium many times in India (eating), and smoked opium a few times in Thailand, and it felt MUCH better (and cleaner) than the poppy seed 'high', and I did not get a headache.

I am guessing they put some chemical, or use a chemical to clean the poppy seeds, and that is what gives me the headache. I also got bad shivers once taking poppy seeds, dont know what that was from.

mongman
12-07-2004, 09:44
Dr Beat: My initial impression as it came on was that it was going to be a nice clean high but your right it did have a dirty feeling to it compard with opium resin and parmacutical morphine. I was atributing it to the thebaine content which is aparently very large in seeds, I was also atributing the 9+ hour high to this aswell. Anyone know for sure?

twonk
12-07-2004, 16:58
Yeah its from the high thebaine levels found in seeds. Thebaine makes you feel pretty damn horrible - headches, nausea, anxious, speedy etc but thankfully there are seeds that do come across as being very clean with minimal amounts of thebaine. I know that most poppy seeds in this country are taken from the plantations down in Tazzie - where the largest licit cultivation of opium poppies occurs. And in particular, the Tazzie farmers have been very apt at creating strains of poppies that are high in thebaine levels - due to the fact that most of the opiate based painkillers now on the market (oxycodone etc) are derived from thebaine. But, fortunately enough, with abit of testing you can come across seeds that are much cleaner, with less thebaine and more morphine. You can definately notice the difference in potency and feeling across the different brands, and even the different batches - i guess there farm sources must change around quite abit.

BigTrancer
13-07-2004, 01:50
Thanks for the post twonk, do you have any references on this subject you could share with us for further reading on thebaine in commercial poppyseeds?

BigTrancer :)

SeveredPsyche
13-07-2004, 02:53
The various company websites would have some info. Tas Alkaloids (http://www.tasalk.com.au/growing/index.html):

Tasmanian Alkaloids produces two types of CPS: One has as its main component Morphine, the main component of the other is Thebaine.

Morphine is converted into Codeine. Thebaine is converted into a range of strong analgesics such as Oxycodone and Buprenorphine.

The story (http://www.admin.utas.edu.au/alumni/2112.pdf) (PDF) of Norman, Tas Alkaloids and the development of thebaine producing poppies:

Tasmanian Alkaloids has a strong emphasis on chemical and agricultural research,with one of their biggest coups coming from the development of a morphine free poppy capable of producing enhanced amounts of thebaine.

Couldn't find the original, but this looks like it could be a good read: The Tasmanian Poppy Industry: A Case Study of the Application of Science and Technology (http://idm.trump.net.au/tasalk.htm)

I'm not sure how all this relates to bakery seeds, presumably they come from the same source. A friend who worked at Tas Alkaloids a few years ago was quite excited about thebaine.

[ Edit: fixed link. ]

mongman
13-07-2004, 05:15
twonk the effects I got included all those you described, I was unable to sleep for many hours and had a headache for some time. Interesting as the seeds I consumed, infact the only brand I have seen so far, say they have been imported!

D&AWg
13-07-2004, 05:56
If I understand you right, you had the seeds along with 300ml of alcohol and some cocaine - I suspect the coke kept you awake and the alcohol combined with the coke gave you the headache!

mongman
13-07-2004, 06:16
I thought that might have confused people, the "coke" was mearly coka colla so a small amount of cafiene. 300 ml of alcohol is not much for me, probably less than I would drink most nights. So the alcohol may have affected the high a small amount. But I deffinatly didnt mix it with cocaine! as it was the first time I had tried poppy seeds and didnt know what to expect.

twonk
13-07-2004, 08:41
Thanks for clarifying my point severedpsyche. Some good links you found there.
Unfortunately i haven't got access to the two articles in which i got that info BT - they are about 5 years old. One article appeared in the Sydney Morning Heralds Good Weekend section in about 1998, and the other one was from Time magazine in about 2000-2001 discussing the distribution of both licit and illicit opium. I'll hunt around for them if you like - the Herald has a long archive kept on the web.

I never realised that Morphine was completely removed though - that is very interesting. In terms of alkaloid distribution in normal opium poppies, morphine takes up about 10-25%, codeine 5-12% and then Thebaine 1-2%. Im very interested to find out how they can alter the alkaloid levels in poppies so dramatically - both the articles i mentioned above stated in brief detail that it was a combination of soil type, cross breeding, genetic modification, the chemical makeup of the fertilisers and weather patterns but it seems that there must be alot more science/research background to it that i am not aware of.

MidnightRambler
15-07-2004, 14:33
i doubt that they could be obtained via the internet ....customs would nab them and u

BilZ0r
17-07-2004, 02:55
We used to have a researcher in out department who was soley interested in harm reduction. One thing he found out just before his contract was finished was that from his preliminary research, 45-90mg of morphine was disolved in the water from poppy seed tea per kg of seeds. That was just by pouring over boiling water, with no lemon juice/citric acid.

phase_dancer
17-07-2004, 03:45
August 92 I received a call from NZ to say my father had died. My bro and I were in NZ within 36 hours. So began the monstrous job of sorting out everything and preparing the funeral details. We were up before dawn and in bed after midnight every day for the first few days.

While visiting an old friend I noticed some dried opium bulbs. She grew then every year (middle of suburbia) and sold them at the markets. She didn't take any drugs, but mentioned how during the previous season she caught some kids pinching the bulbs. When I told her of our lack of sleep, and restlessness when we got the chance to sleep, she sent us home with a bunch of dried poppies - complete with seeds.

We boiled these up after working all day at dad's house, but felt nothing. I figured they were too old or simply a variety low in morphine.

Couple of days later we visited some friends of my father who we'd not met before. When I walked into the lounge I was stunned. The ceiling had drying racks on opposite walls which ran the entire length of the room 8o
They were full of opium poppies. Yep, these straight people also sold them at markets as dried arrangements. We gathered another big bag full before departing for the 2 hour drive home to mums. Once home, very tied but still rather agitated, we boiled up a brew.

Man did this work a treat. We both fell asleep in the chairs we sat in and slept right through the morning.

Upon waking were both completely refreshed and found the rest of the trip far less an ordeal. Even my back pain was gone! We didn't brew again, and basically forgot all about the bag under the front seat of the car. That was until I was half way across the Tasman.... I've often wondered what the used car salesman thought....8(

mongman
17-07-2004, 13:35
you never cease to contribute the most interesting and topical information phase_dancer! It is amazing how wide spread this plant is and how pervasive it is to our society. Then again it is one substance that has been used for more than 2000 years!

Splatt
04-03-2007, 17:38
What brands of poppy seed are best and known to be unwashed?

I read on www.poppyseedtea.com that 3.5 pounds of seeds used killed a 17 year old.. that seems way too much to be using.. don't people normally use 300g-500g? I'm going to give it a go, even though opiates don't seem to effect me much, must have a natural tolerance (I need at least 40mg of oxycondone for a half decent high, 80mg+ gets me on a nod)..

So yeah who actually bothers to do it? And how much do you sue and what brand?

ifonly
05-03-2007, 09:23
i used to be an avid tea drinker and i thought that i had tried every brand. only a few times did i have decent experiences, as whenever i got a good batch, the next time it would either not work at all (even tho exact same method and seeds used) or the brand would be discontinued and not available anymore.

i tried a few more brands, using up to nearly a kilo of seeds at once, and didnt feel a thing even once. it was very disheartening as the poppy tea high was one of (if not THE) favourite high of mine.

so good luck splatt in finding a new brand, im gonna have a look around too sometimes this week. hope it goes well :)

peace out ppls

sil80
05-03-2007, 10:35
i used to do it but found it annoying to shake the the bottle for 5 minutes
when on ice tho the 5 minutes go fast and its good have a rest a lay down

hitomaro
06-03-2007, 11:30
splatt, its the unbranded seeds that are the best, like the ones in dodgy packaging, or just in big buckets with the scoop and plastic bag for you to weigh out.

these provide a really nice clean(er) high, ive tried stuff from the supermarket, and whilst i did get high, it was so goddamned dirty, headache, bit wired, very nauseous etc. nowhere near as good as the other stuff.

id use anywhere between 700-900g of seeds washed with grapefruit juice, the real bitter shit and id always make sure it was chilled. i always get a greater and i mean greater yeild from chilled grapefruitjuice. itd look like shit, and crikey the taste wont be far off, quite rancid. id have to hold my nose and chase it with something sweet and a smoke to rid myself of that shithouse taste.

however, given that its so goddamned cheap, how effective it is, i use this over heroin, no jokes. ive snorted, and chased some real good gear, but with the amount i payed for that shit id have five highs of this for one of those, and the tea high being not far off.. id be nicely stoned for a good 12hrs, and still somewhat gone 18-24hrs in.

only downside is the nausea, car rides suck the big one, but still well worth a good whirl.

that being said, just for the record, if i could have free gear, or free tea, fuck no questions there, but common its just so goddamned EXPENSIVE ()$#@80(#!*

willow11
06-03-2007, 12:17
A movie cinema company brand, 500mg worked a treat for me last night. Simply wash for 15mins in water, press liquid out, and drink. The high lasted for about ten hours or so, though i felt like shit today and vomited several times, as well as having panioc attacks. I also found it hard to sleep, or more to the point, get beyond a nodding doze for the whole night- tommorrow i'll just drink it early morning.

ifonly
06-03-2007, 12:38
hypothetically if you were buying seeds from supermarkets, do people usually go for the soft packs or the jars? has anybody ever found a diff? do u think there could be?

hitomaro
06-03-2007, 12:42
softpacks, the jars will cost you a freakin fortune. however ive never tried the jars.

if i was you i would stay away from the supermarket stuff..

Splatt
06-03-2007, 14:35
So Hoyts work ok? Someone else told me that, but I will try going to a health shop and getting them therte. Probably mopre expnsive but mopre chance of more morphine on the seeds.

ifonly
06-03-2007, 16:58
they stopped stocking them at health stores! the best batch i ever had was from a health store, it was like my 3rd or 4th time and i tried them from there for the first time, used 250g and was utterly munted for a good 16 hours. i thought i had hit the goddamn jackpot. nowdays however, it seems theyre all discontinued!

hoyts hav never worked for me but i hear lots of good stories bout them. they have bits of stem in some of the jars too so i assumed the washing wudnt be that good but evidently not. ive used up to a kilo before, to no avail.

ive looked in some asian grocery stores (well, 1, its the only 1 i cud find) and they didnt stock them. id love to find an indian grocer but have no idea where to look

im gonna go out sometime this week hopefully and get like 500gms from a few diff brands that could do the trick. ill do one brand every day or two and see if anything works, and i shall be sure to post my results here. (if thats allowed? its not sourcing...)

anyway best of luck be sure to share any useful info :P

hitomaro
07-03-2007, 04:36
if hoyts are the ones in the red packets, then id say steer clear, try finding a dodgy grocery store, theyd be your best bet.. UNBRANDED STUFF

however, it doesnt hurt to try, like i said, youll get high, itll just be a dirty high

willow11
07-03-2007, 05:51
So Hoyts work ok? Someone else told me that, but I will try going to a health shop and getting them therte. Probably mopre expnsive but mopre chance of more morphine on the seeds.

Hoyts work for me, but also haven't worked. I think it depends on how you wash them, if you can suspend them in water, as opposed to shaking/stirring. 500g seemed effective. 300g wasnt.

ifonly
07-03-2007, 10:59
clear ur pms btw mongman

mongman
07-03-2007, 11:16
OK as a 4 year morphine junky I'm going to impart some information:

Hoyts used to be great, until around 1 year ago. Around that time they started washing the seed and it no longer had any effect on me. The seed they use is both imported and from Tasmania, the Tasmanian plants consist of two breads. Once contains high levels of Thebaine and the other mainly Morphine. The Thebaine containing seeds are what make you feel 'wired' and unable to sleep as someone mentioned.

Asian groceries used to stock a 500g orange plastic pack that used to also do the trick. At the same time the Hoyts brand stoped working the colour of this product changed to green and it also stopped working.

Regarding Washing Seed:

I tried many methods of washing seed, including solvent based extraction found in a chemistry paper. The following is the most practical and effective method from my experience:

1- Put all seed into a 4 litre juice container
2- Put water at body temperature (put your finger in it, if it just feels 'wet' its your temp. if it feels hot or cold its not right)
3- Put 50 ml of lemon juice in with the water then add water to seeds
4- Agitate until all seeds are under water (don't use to much water)
5- Wait 5 Mins
6- Put cotton cloth over the opening of the juice container
7- Filter liquid into another container
8- Drink, slowly if your unsure of potency

Note On Potency: Its possible to know if you have a good batch before drinking it. There are three possibilities:
A) The liquid is clear, almost like water. There will be very little if any morphine in solution.
B) The liquid is yellow/amber and opaque. There will be a reasonable amount of morphine in the solution.
C) The liquid is white with lots of stuff in suspension. You used too hot water or left the solution soaking for longer than necessary. There may or may not be morphine in the solution.

Extremely Important: Statement such as "I had 500g and it worked well" or "250g did the trick" can be extremely dangerous without stating your tolerance. For example I had a huge 500mg (morphine) a day habit, I could drink extract from 3 Kg comfortably and be looking for more. However someone with no tolerance who took that amount would die within a few hours without immediate medical attention. In the name of harm reduction be VERY clear what your tolerance is and over what period of time it was consumed.

Splatt
15-04-2007, 07:36
Just used 400g of Hoyts.. the seeds consisted of red, black, pruple, some green, and what looked like a fair bit of non-seed plant matter spread around.. mostly brown though. Im drinking it now and it's pretty amber/yellow but not overly. It is hard to see through the solution.

Hope it does something as I do feel something already but I had 5mg clonazepam and 5mg valium just before hand.

Splatt
15-04-2007, 07:40
Starting to the the burps..

When I held a few of hese seeds under my tongue they tasted really "naturally bitter".. I may get effects!

Splatt
15-04-2007, 09:09
Okay so this stuff has royally ruined me. i passed out hard until solmeone repeadedly woke me up..

Some of the strangement closed eye REM dfift off to sleep stater stuff I've gotten, alomng with many fake memories of random shit that I just believed. I fgeel like I can crash out for another couple of hours. IO feel light headed and woozy.. This has made me nod more than a high dose (40-80) than oxycodone, but now way near as euphoric, and obvioul;sly smacked me out way more than codeine..

I was itching ion my sleep badly, but I'd think ive scratched myself but it was actually delusion but it got rid of the itch.. i had never moved....

itas hard to walk straght and my eyes are so restricted.. few times i woke up and realised i wasn't breathing like on a real high dose g blow out.

also forgot to add i did also use 25mg of dramamine to help stop any possible nausea.. which there wasn't any.
the taste was fine.. I added juice to it to mask it a bit but the taste isn't near as bad as most other drugs.

I would use this again for a sleeping aid if i didn't have access to G, benzos or stilnox... it seems to keep you asleep unlike codeine which for some reason keeps me up all night, same as alcohol.

SeveredPsyche
16-04-2007, 01:46
Okay so this stuff has royally ruined me. i passed out hard until solmeone repeadedly woke me up..

Not knowing your history with benzos, could the clonazepam especially have contributed towards this? That stuff knocks me out by itself.

I'd be interested in reading people's pure experience with poppy seeds.

Splatt
16-04-2007, 05:04
I had had benzos every day for about a week before this, so I would of had some tolerance and it wasn't a high dose clona, but it would of helped.

thinkpink
16-04-2007, 08:41
If this is so simple and easy to do, why aren't more people doing it? What kind of side affects are there etc. I don't take any medication on a regular basis (or recreationally) and have never tried opiates, how much should I use?

static_mind
16-04-2007, 13:23
I stopped useing it because of the vomiting the next day, that and haveing to drink a L of vial liquid.

Splatt
16-04-2007, 16:24
I never vomitted

frog_e
17-04-2007, 12:23
*ahem* why not just buy some cheap seeds and plant them? if you chuck a whole bag in the ground, some of them grow... i know this for a fact.... then you can grind up the heads and get yourself some lovely poppy straw which makes an excellent tea ;)

Splatt
17-04-2007, 14:39
might try