• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Poppy Seed - Im HIGH!!!

If I understand you right, you had the seeds along with 300ml of alcohol and some cocaine - I suspect the coke kept you awake and the alcohol combined with the coke gave you the headache!

I thought that might have confused people, the "coke" was mearly coka colla so a small amount of cafiene. 300 ml of alcohol is not much for me, probably less than I would drink most nights. So the alcohol may have affected the high a small amount. But I deffinatly didnt mix it with cocaine! as it was the first time I had tried poppy seeds and didnt know what to expect.

Thanks for clarifying my point severedpsyche. Some good links you found there.
Unfortunately i haven't got access to the two articles in which i got that info BT - they are about 5 years old. One article appeared in the Sydney Morning Heralds Good Weekend section in about 1998, and the other one was from Time magazine in about 2000-2001 discussing the distribution of both licit and illicit opium. I'll hunt around for them if you like - the Herald has a long archive kept on the web.

I never realised that Morphine was completely removed though - that is very interesting. In terms of alkaloid distribution in normal opium poppies, morphine takes up about 10-25%, codeine 5-12% and then Thebaine 1-2%. Im very interested to find out how they can alter the alkaloid levels in poppies so dramatically - both the articles i mentioned above stated in brief detail that it was a combination of soil type, cross breeding, genetic modification, the chemical makeup of the fertilisers and weather patterns but it seems that there must be alot more science/research background to it that i am not aware of.

We used to have a researcher in out department who was soley interested in harm reduction. One thing he found out just before his contract was finished was that from his preliminary research, 45-90mg of morphine was disolved in the water from poppy seed tea per kg of seeds. That was just by pouring over boiling water, with no lemon juice/citric acid.

Last edited:
August 92 I received a call from NZ to say my father had died. My bro and I were in NZ within 36 hours. So began the monstrous job of sorting out everything and preparing the funeral details. We were up before dawn and in bed after midnight every day for the first few days.

While visiting an old friend I noticed some dried opium bulbs. She grew then every year (middle of suburbia) and sold them at the markets. She didn't take any drugs, but mentioned how during the previous season she caught some kids pinching the bulbs. When I told her of our lack of sleep, and restlessness when we got the chance to sleep, she sent us home with a bunch of dried poppies - complete with seeds.

We boiled these up after working all day at dad's house, but felt nothing. I figured they were too old or simply a variety low in morphine.

Couple of days later we visited some friends of my father who we'd not met before. When I walked into the lounge I was stunned. The ceiling had drying racks on opposite walls which ran the entire length of the room 8o
They were full of opium poppies. Yep, these straight people also sold them at markets as dried arrangements. We gathered another big bag full before departing for the 2 hour drive home to mums. Once home, very tied but still rather agitated, we boiled up a brew.

Man did this work a treat. We both fell asleep in the chairs we sat in and slept right through the morning.

Upon waking were both completely refreshed and found the rest of the trip far less an ordeal. Even my back pain was gone! We didn't brew again, and basically forgot all about the bag under the front seat of the car. That was until I was half way across the Tasman.... I've often wondered what the used car salesman thought....8(

you never cease to contribute the most interesting and topical information phase_dancer! It is amazing how wide spread this plant is and how pervasive it is to our society. Then again it is one substance that has been used for more than 2000 years!

What brands of poppy seed are best and known to be unwashed?

I read on www.poppyseedtea.com that 3.5 pounds of seeds used killed a 17 year old.. that seems way too much to be using.. don't people normally use 300g-500g? I'm going to give it a go, even though opiates don't seem to effect me much, must have a natural tolerance (I need at least 40mg of oxycondone for a half decent high, 80mg+ gets me on a nod)..

So yeah who actually bothers to do it? And how much do you sue and what brand?

i used to be an avid tea drinker and i thought that i had tried every brand. only a few times did i have decent experiences, as whenever i got a good batch, the next time it would either not work at all (even tho exact same method and seeds used) or the brand would be discontinued and not available anymore.

i tried a few more brands, using up to nearly a kilo of seeds at once, and didnt feel a thing even once. it was very disheartening as the poppy tea high was one of (if not THE) favourite high of mine.

so good luck splatt in finding a new brand, im gonna have a look around too sometimes this week. hope it goes well :)

peace out ppls

Last edited:
i used to do it but found it annoying to shake the the bottle for 5 minutes
when on ice tho the 5 minutes go fast and its good have a rest a lay down

splatt, its the unbranded seeds that are the best, like the ones in dodgy packaging, or just in big buckets with the scoop and plastic bag for you to weigh out.

these provide a really nice clean(er) high, ive tried stuff from the supermarket, and whilst i did get high, it was so goddamned dirty, headache, bit wired, very nauseous etc. nowhere near as good as the other stuff.

id use anywhere between 700-900g of seeds washed with grapefruit juice, the real bitter shit and id always make sure it was chilled. i always get a greater and i mean greater yeild from chilled grapefruitjuice. itd look like shit, and crikey the taste wont be far off, quite rancid. id have to hold my nose and chase it with something sweet and a smoke to rid myself of that shithouse taste.

however, given that its so goddamned cheap, how effective it is, i use this over heroin, no jokes. ive snorted, and chased some real good gear, but with the amount i payed for that shit id have five highs of this for one of those, and the tea high being not far off.. id be nicely stoned for a good 12hrs, and still somewhat gone 18-24hrs in.

only downside is the nausea, car rides suck the big one, but still well worth a good whirl.

that being said, just for the record, if i could have free gear, or free tea, fuck no questions there, but common its just so goddamned EXPENSIVE ()$#@80(#!*

A movie cinema company brand, 500mg worked a treat for me last night. Simply wash for 15mins in water, press liquid out, and drink. The high lasted for about ten hours or so, though i felt like shit today and vomited several times, as well as having panioc attacks. I also found it hard to sleep, or more to the point, get beyond a nodding doze for the whole night- tommorrow i'll just drink it early morning.

hypothetically if you were buying seeds from supermarkets, do people usually go for the soft packs or the jars? has anybody ever found a diff? do u think there could be?

softpacks, the jars will cost you a freakin fortune. however ive never tried the jars.

if i was you i would stay away from the supermarket stuff..

So Hoyts work ok? Someone else told me that, but I will try going to a health shop and getting them therte. Probably mopre expnsive but mopre chance of more morphine on the seeds.

they stopped stocking them at health stores! the best batch i ever had was from a health store, it was like my 3rd or 4th time and i tried them from there for the first time, used 250g and was utterly munted for a good 16 hours. i thought i had hit the goddamn jackpot. nowdays however, it seems theyre all discontinued!

hoyts hav never worked for me but i hear lots of good stories bout them. they have bits of stem in some of the jars too so i assumed the washing wudnt be that good but evidently not. ive used up to a kilo before, to no avail.

ive looked in some asian grocery stores (well, 1, its the only 1 i cud find) and they didnt stock them. id love to find an indian grocer but have no idea where to look

im gonna go out sometime this week hopefully and get like 500gms from a few diff brands that could do the trick. ill do one brand every day or two and see if anything works, and i shall be sure to post my results here. (if thats allowed? its not sourcing...)

anyway best of luck be sure to share any useful info :p

if hoyts are the ones in the red packets, then id say steer clear, try finding a dodgy grocery store, theyd be your best bet.. UNBRANDED STUFF

however, it doesnt hurt to try, like i said, youll get high, itll just be a dirty high

Splatt said:
So Hoyts work ok? Someone else told me that, but I will try going to a health shop and getting them therte. Probably mopre expnsive but mopre chance of more morphine on the seeds.

Hoyts work for me, but also haven't worked. I think it depends on how you wash them, if you can suspend them in water, as opposed to shaking/stirring. 500g seemed effective. 300g wasnt.

OK as a 4 year morphine junky I'm going to impart some information:

Hoyts used to be great, until around 1 year ago. Around that time they started washing the seed and it no longer had any effect on me. The seed they use is both imported and from Tasmania, the Tasmanian plants consist of two breads. Once contains high levels of Thebaine and the other mainly Morphine. The Thebaine containing seeds are what make you feel 'wired' and unable to sleep as someone mentioned.

Asian groceries used to stock a 500g orange plastic pack that used to also do the trick. At the same time the Hoyts brand stoped working the colour of this product changed to green and it also stopped working.

Regarding Washing Seed:

I tried many methods of washing seed, including solvent based extraction found in a chemistry paper. The following is the most practical and effective method from my experience:

1- Put all seed into a 4 litre juice container
2- Put water at body temperature (put your finger in it, if it just feels 'wet' its your temp. if it feels hot or cold its not right)
3- Put 50 ml of lemon juice in with the water then add water to seeds
4- Agitate until all seeds are under water (don't use to much water)
5- Wait 5 Mins
6- Put cotton cloth over the opening of the juice container
7- Filter liquid into another container
8- Drink, slowly if your unsure of potency

Note On Potency: Its possible to know if you have a good batch before drinking it. There are three possibilities:
A) The liquid is clear, almost like water. There will be very little if any morphine in solution.
B) The liquid is yellow/amber and opaque. There will be a reasonable amount of morphine in the solution.
C) The liquid is white with lots of stuff in suspension. You used too hot water or left the solution soaking for longer than necessary. There may or may not be morphine in the solution.

Extremely Important: Statement such as "I had 500g and it worked well" or "250g did the trick" can be extremely dangerous without stating your tolerance. For example I had a huge 500mg (morphine) a day habit, I could drink extract from 3 Kg comfortably and be looking for more. However someone with no tolerance who took that amount would die within a few hours without immediate medical attention. In the name of harm reduction be VERY clear what your tolerance is and over what period of time it was consumed.

Last edited: