Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Caught picking mushrooms

chucky

Bluelighter
Had a bit of excitement today !

I went out for one last mushroom hunt, since there was a bit of rain a couple days ago, i thought i might get one last batch before it all came to an end. So, I caught the train out to a suburb in Northern Melbourne and headed to a park I know is good for shrooms. I had to walk up a long suburban street to get there.

Once I got to the park, I walked around a sporting ground, through a childrens playground, then I arrived at my lovely garden bed which was very fruitful last time.

So after about an hour of diong circles of the garden bed, I had found enough mushrooms for maybe 5 or 6 good trips. Which was about all I had hoped for. They were pretty dried out, and i had to throw a couple that ha maggots in them lol. But, for the most part, they looked edible, although I would say today was prob the last day they would have remained pickable, for most of them.

Now, to the exciting bit. So i had just finished picking and im walking out of the garden bed and I see 2 cops coming towards me, I think to myself "yep, Im boned". So sure enough, they come up to me and ask me what I'm doing because they had reports of somebody matching my description acting suspicous. Assuming they were talking about walking around in circles in a public garden for an hour I tell them I had jogged through and dropped a couple bucks and I was trying to find it. They weren't to impressed with that answer. Then they asked me if I had anything I shouldn't have in my pocket. I answer "no".

It was about this time that I spotted that the male cop was putting some latex gloves on and i though "damn". So, he asks me again about my pockets so I tell him "yep, both these pockets are full of mushrooms" . So he empties my shrooms out onto the ground and asks if theres anything else in my pockets. I had brought my digi camera along with me as well, which is a pretty expensive 5mp model worth around $800. So i say 'Yeah, I have my camera with me as well". And BAM! they went nuts over the camera, had it behind my back, asking what brand it was, what photos were on it, where/when i bought it, etc. Apparently they were pretty convinced that I stole it.

At was at this point that they informed me that the call they got about me acting suspicous was from somebody saying that they seen me looking into car windows and such on the street that i walked up to get to the park. WHen they said that, I actually started laughing, to which they informed me that "THis is not a laughing matter" to which i answered "it is, cause that pretty funny cause i wasn't looking in cars mate, Im only interested in victimless crimes, like picking these magic mushrooms". So they questioned me more about the camera. THey also gave me a partial strip search (yay ! lol) :/

inally they decided to call it a day and let me go. But told me if anything dodgy was reported around this area I'd be the top suspect :(

Heres some interesting facts about the incident though:

When they took they mushrooms out of my pocket they said "What were you going to do with these?". While i should have answered that i was about to give them to the children in the nearby playground( don't worry i would never do that !!!), I instead told them that i intended on eating them. To which they replied "well, they might not be to good for you. But we'll just put them on the ground and you can pick them up again and take them with you once we're done". i was quite amazed by this, they honestly did not give 2 shits about the mushies, they could not care less. They said i could keep them. THey were far more interested in my camera.

So to those paranoid when picking shrooms in the city, whilst obviously it could go differently, the cops that questioned me certainly we're not interested in them. THey asked me if i did drugs, I said just the shrooms i had, and they were like " ah yeh, the Magic Mushrooms ey??" like a complete dik.

So all in all, I got no arrest, no fine, no warning, nothing at all !!!
I was even allowed to keep my shrooms !

Although they def didn;t believe me about the camera and looking in cars, although, thinking about it later, I remembered that as i was walking up the street, i was poking around small garden beds next to cars , so maybe somoene saw me do that..

Also, what was interesting, was even after they had seen all my mushrooms and i told them that was why i was at the park. THey kept asking me what i was doing there (it was a few susburbs from wher I live) Every time i answered that i came to pick mushrooms. But i swear they thought i was just bullshitting them with the mushrooms and that really i was breaking into cars. Like, they acted like that loking for magic mushrooms was the most ridiculous excuse they'd ever heard of to get out of trouble lol. THat there was no way I came all that way just to walk around the garden and pick mushrooms..

ALl in all an interesting day, Im just crossing my fingers that no-one breaks into any cars round there today lol. Knowing my luck they'll stop by tomorrow night after someone reports something and I'll be tripping lol

Last edited:
very interesting! I would have assumed that as soon as you stated your intentions to consume the mushrooms they would have arressted you!

In that situation though you did the right thing. Always tell the truth if your going to say ANYTHING AT ALL. If you beleive you are screwed simply ask them if your under arest. However if you do this imediatly after being asked questions and not answering them the normal reaction from police is to take you into custody.

You could have offered to bring some proof of purchase into a police station as a statement of good will! This might ease any concerns they had.

Im glad things turned out the way they did!

good to hear you didn't get into trouble, although they will write down your name and details into a little book and probably keep it for further reference on a database.

mine is on the same database for again, being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was at central train station didnt have a ticket so walked thru... they nabbed me (undercover police) I had a mobile phone on me (mine of course, back then a 5110) they kept telling me the phone was stolen and wrote down my details.

Yeah, they took my details. I've had my details taken a million times though. they just do that so if something happens around that area, they can get in touch with you for questioning, this doesn't stay on your record though.

Also, a couple days ago I lost my wallet, so i had absolutely no ID on me. So i gave them my details and a number to call to confirm my details. Interestingly, they didn't even make a call to see if i told them the truth, obviously they could do that later, but if i had given them false details it would have been a bit late for them.

I have the camera reciet, so yeh, i did tell them that i could back up that the camera was indeed mine. I was worried they were gonna take if, my GF would have killed me lol.

The reason I admitted to my intentions of eating the mushrooms was ;

a) it would have been hard to come up with a better believable excuse and i didn't want to cause trouble so as to maximise my chances of not getting fined.

b) Because i knew that since it would have been a first-time offence, I wouldn't have got in much trouble anyway. And i dont drink alcohol, take powders, etc. So I at least stand by my convictions and I'd happily tell the court/cops that I believe that is well within my human rights to eat some mushrooms I picked if i wanted to. Fuck acting guilty about something so innocent as that. I'll make a stand like that when I dont really have that much to loose.

Interestingly, they asked me if "I took drugs or smoked the pot" and i said no, just the mushies, but i got the impression i would have been in more trouble if i had a joint on me rather that the shrooms, allthough, i still dont think i would have been fined going by their reaction.

THey seemed a lot more disgusted that i was actually going to eat the semi-funky looking mushrooms i had in my pocket, than anything else. Since i dont like to stick around to long looking dodge, i planned to sort the good from the bad at home.

I must look shifty though, cause nothing i could say would convince them i wasn't there to break into cars. Mind you, to their side of it, I can understand that if someone called them and told them i was looking into car windows, I guess they'd have no reason to believe i wasn't.

I suspect it realy comes down to the situation and the officer/s in question. However I do think your right Splatt, most wouldnt give a hoot so long as you dont have 1kg in 2 gram bags or something stupid like that!!!

Heh, a family friend of ours who is a police officer in Sydney said at dinner last friday "whenever you see someone doing something you should pull them up for, you weigh up what they're doing against the paper work involved."

;)

^^ I don't think being civilised and straight with rookie cops gets you anywhere. AFOF got arrested on Thursday morning, having broken the glass on a phone box. Despite his apparent passivity and zero resistance to the arrest, the rookie cop arresting him felt the need to call for backup (??), and do everything he could to make sure his authority was well known... It's understandable as he's a rookie, but proof that being reasonable wont always do you any favours :\

Yeah that happened to some friends of mine here in NZ but they were just told to leave!? I remember finding loads of goldtops in a bark garden (quite common here for folks to use bark instead of soil..) in the middle of a busy intersection in the city. Cars going left right and centre - and heres me pretending I lost my "girlfriends engagement ring" talking on my cellphone to a non-existant person about losing something. It was busy as hell people walking past me etc and staring. VERY funny as all the best locations are mainly in the middle of town. Even picked a whole lot outside the main police station in broad daylight! heh...

Yeh, its a crackup when you find them in the center of intersections and such, been there lol

Interestingly, the male cop out of the pair who questioned me, who was the one who did all the talking, frisking, etc, was definately a rookie, he couldn't have been more than 21, red haired, pimpled-oily-faced, short, skinny, etc. He looked like the guy the probably got beat up a lot back in high school. I think he was more scared of me, every time i went near my pockets he freaked out, i couldn't help it though, its just a habbit, specially if Im nervous lol.

I think the female, who was older, was maybe supervising him, which also made it all the more suprising that he didn't care about the mushies.

Mind you, like others had said, its unlikely to get arrested for it due to the paper work on the cops behalf. Mind you though, they didn't even mention the mushies as something i was doing wrong, they just said "yeh, im gonna just put them all on the ground, then once we're done, you can pick them up again and take them."

You'd think he'd at least have squished them with he's feet, or gave me a little lecture warning or something.

I do agree though, generally if you don't give cops to much hassle, you can get away with a bit. I always try and stick by that rule too, I wont kiss their ass's too much though.

Mind you, it certainly depends on the cop and your attire and such. A few years back I was into the whole punk thing with a big mohawk, spikey jacket, etc, i used to get pulled up y cops every day on my way to high school acuse i lived in a dodge area near commision flats. I always got searched etc, they even used to give me hassles for no reason, once I had about 4 hair dyes in my school bag, and without me knowing while they were searching my bag they took the tops of all the dyes and so when I got to shool and took out all my work/books they were all dyed multicolored and my bag was fucked. Needless to say, I started taking cops names and ranks each incident after that. Cops used to beat up a lot of my punk mates for no reason as well..

But i think so long as the cop in question isn't too much of a thug and theres nothing about you which they personally find offensive (Once in my punk days I got a Jay-walking fine in an outer suburb, at night, on a small street with absolutely NO traffic anywhere, however, on the back of my jkacket in large letters were the words 'Die Pig Die') if your civil and havent done anything to heinous, you should be right. Especially if you dont hae a record. I think the fact I had no record made a big difference for me yesterday, it certainly goes a long way in giving your word some credibility.

[Edit: Off-topic material removed. BT]

... in perth, they live for finding us EVIL mushroom pickers, as we are out to destory the world :\

a mate of mine was on a 3 day hiking trip down at balingup on the weekend. while yes he was hiking in the well known balingup area, he was not on the hunt for shrooms. it was only towards the end of his trip that he noticed the shrooms and started picking. a helicopter hovers overhead, and after hearing many stories bout the balingup police decides to stash what he's found.
ten minutes later who turns up??? a carload of police and he is searched on the spot. luckily he had stashed them, but stupidly he forgot where he stashed them. so he gave up on the mushies.

now u may say the helicopter was a coincidence, and it might have been. but he had been hiking in the area for 3 days without even seeing anyone else.... then a helicopter flies overhead and the cops turn up. that's just a little bit too coincidental to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like sonic_reality said it’s a different story in Perth. More specifically in the south-west. The police actively patrol known hunting grounds and have been known to block roads and search every car coming and going from particular places.

My parents almost got arrested one year when they went hunting for normal non psychedelic mushrooms(so mum says) in a spot notorious for shroomers. Little did they know their haul of mushrooms didn't just contain the standard edible mushroom. They spent the rest of that day in a country police station trying to plead their innocence and ignorance to the local constable.

I would have loved to seen you try and steal a car if you were tripping on mushies!
I couldn't even remember how to eat food last time I was tripping!

Thread Cleaned.

This forum is not a place for flaming or personal retorts. Please keep posts on-topic and do not detract from a reasonable/productive discussion with nonsense posts that push your own private agenda. If you have personal replies to make to another poster, take it to email or Private Messages. I have tried to be fair and leave as much content as possible, but I will not put up with disruptive garbage in this forum.

BigTrancer.

hahahaha, how topical is this news post for this thread :)

Cops: Stoned Student Steals Car From LGA, Gets Lost In Conn.

POSTED: 11:20 am EDT July 12, 2004
UPDATED: 6:36 pm EDT July 12, 2004
CANAAN, Conn. -- A Delaware college student ate a bag of hallucinogenic mushrooms and drove around in a pair of stolen cars before arriving, confused, on a mountain in northwest Connecticut police said.

Paul Cunningham, 21, hiked to a nearby home Thursday night and asked to call 911, police said.

"I think I stole a car," Cunningham told a dispatcher. "I'm not sure."

Police said Cunningham, of Dover, Del., confessed that eating an entire bag of mushrooms, "probably wasn't a good idea." He allegedly told investigators that he had no idea how many laws he broke during a three-day excursion that took him 300 miles from home.

A student at Wilmington College, he told a state trooper that he bought the drugs in Dover on Monday, according to the Republican-American of Waterbury. The next day, he went for a drive and twice got lost in Connecticut.

He told police he remembers taking a train to LaGuardia Airport in New York, where he found a car with its keys in it. He's unsure where he went from there.

"I once again found myself lost in Connecticut," Cunningham reportedly told police.

After locking the keys in the stolen car, Cunningham allegedly stole a van from a Southbury rest stop.

In Canaan, he decided to climb Music Mountain to see what was on the other side, police said. Investigators believe the exercise cleared Cunningham's head.

"I want to correct my mistakes," Cunningham reportedly told Trooper Andre Roy. "In retrospect, this was a bad idea."

He volunteered a written confession, police said. He was arraigned Friday and was held on $2,500 bail. Both stolen vehicles were recovered.

taken from here

Gold!!!
Both made me laugh pretty hard.
Keep the stories like these coming
:D

It all depends what cops are the ones that stop you. It's possible to get arrested and given a hard time for something like that, just depends how rude you are and what mood they are in.