Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what would he of had?

ianoffhishead22

Bluelighter
last weekend i went to an event in perth , it was my second time taking pills. upstairs i was dancing and this guy had had a fit and was carted away by the bouncers. it really freaked me out coz he was soo fuked up.ive been worrying about itall week , asnd what he could have taken. Like can it happen just on a few pillS?

Yes, people can fit from pills, but it is quite rare. There is no way to know what he might have had, but it is more than likely that the person you saw had a pre-existing condition, such as epilepsy, that caused him to fit.

I wouldn't worry yourself too much about it, but it's still a good idea to treat ALL drugs with the respect they deserve (i.e. lots!!), otherwise one day they might kick you in the arse too :)

I have only ever seen ppl on GHB have fits / convulsions, and yes its scary to see. But it could have been from anything, ANY drug. Or epilepsy as aunty pointed out, but cynical me would think that if you saw it at a rave that was as a result of drug use.

There are a lot of drugs that lower the seizure threshold . Therefore it could possibly have been both due to the drugs, and also a person's predisposition to epilepsy. There are a lot of people around who have no idea they are at risk until they enter into a situation like a party with flashing lights and whatnot, then ingesting drugs that make it easier for them to have a fit.

In reality it could have been anything. The person, the drugs, or both.

stace.

This is strange. I was at said event and my friend had to help the above person. I to have been wondering what quite happened here as after the staff/medics took over we heard nothing of it. The guy collapsed beating at his chest as if his heart had stopped or as straining and was obviously in serious agony.

My friend who had to help the man is quite disturbed still from seeing this. From what I have gathered it was more of a heart attack than a fit but this information has been retold and neither the club or anyone else had anymore information regarding this incident. All we can come up with is an overdose of stimulants triggering some kind of heart condition. But if the person had some kind of prior condition had to much of any substance we don't know. All we do know is a friend had to help the guy as 20 people around him stood their dumbstruck and did nothing, I hope this delay hasn't caused any more complications. Unfortunately we have no more real information about the event.

I really hope this guy is ok.

May be a side note, but was there strobe lights operating at the time it happened? 8Hz is the most common frequency to trigger epilepsy I believe and the result of an attack can produce quite odd responses.

I hope the guy is ok and I hope the people who saw/helped with the incident are feeling ok. Remember if you offered any help at all, its all you could do and it deserves some commendation.

Fry-d- said:
This is strange. I was at said event and my friend had to help the above person... My friend who had to help the man is quite disturbed still from seeing this.
Understandably so! Just a thought - perhaps your friend would like to have a quick chat to someone about what happened? The guys at WASUA (WA substance users association) are very laidback and cool to talk to about drug stresses if he's scared of "proper" counsellors, as I am! I'm pretty sure you can just rock in during business hours, or give them a call: 9227 7866. Oh, and it's free :) Might not be your mate's cup o' tea, but if he's really shaken, it might help him get "closure" <-- yucky counsellor word

All we do know is a friend had to help the guy as 20 people around him stood their dumbstruck and did nothing, I hope this delay hasn't caused any more complications.
Better one person's help than none at all, I think!

Unfortunately...neither the club or anyone else had anymore information regarding this incident.
Pretty sure I know the club, if so I used to work there and I remember a number of incidents that occurred which management "required" us to keep quiet for obvious reasons - bad PR, privacy legislation and legal implications. Hence I'd be quite surprised if you find out what happened except from the ever-shonky Northbridge grapevine. I hope this doesn't worry your friend too much and he realises he did the best he could in the situation.

a friend of mine double dumped 2 A's about 6 months ago and the next day he had a seizure in a hungry jacks, now he cant remember much from the previous year before the seizure, which is a shame because that caused him to lose his new job. the doctor told him that it was an ecstasy induced seizure.

Around 14 months ago, all my mates and I were at a club here in Melbourne and one of my friends suddenly collapsed and had a seizure which lasted about 30-60 seconds. Moments beforehand, he had complained that the lights were going "too nuts" for him, and he went to sit down. He had taken 1.5 known, good pills, that all the rest of us were also on (I'd had 2), and he often took 2-3 over a night.

After taking him to hospital, the doctor couldn't explain what prompted the seizure, but tipped that it was most likely caused by a mixture of the lasers/strobes, and the fact that the drugs increased that chance of him fitting, as someone mentioned above.

Since then I have heard of two over people also having similar seizures, one of which had not consumed any drugs at all. Aparently there are legal restrictions about how long and fast strobes can be used without a break, as they can cause some people to fit, and its not uncommon for some establishments to push these restrictions to the limit and beyond.

In the end, my mate recovered fine, but it was a damn stressful experience at the time - enough to prompt a good break from drugs ;)

erokr

yeah at an event in Brisbane on Friday my friend and i saw a guy being hauled up the stairs by 4 people in blue overalls and he was clutching his stomach and screaming in agony. was very scary - does anyone know what this could have been?

Could have been anything. More than likely was either a stupid combination of drugs... or even a ridiculously high dose of a powerful stimulant. (Charly, Amphetamines, MDMA, a mixture of all these or even combining the alcohol with GHB.)

The guy could have even been as sober as Mother Teresa herself. I have heard of people going into epileptic seizures where, especially in places where there are repeatitive flashing lights, etc...

Heh, who knows?

Something freaked me out today after the * Rave. As soon as it finished, outside within 100m, some guys collapsed body lay. They were screaming for paramedics and I have no idea what could have happened to him.

[Edit: Venue details removed. Please read the posting guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
some people seem to just ignore it and pretend like its not/never happened.

it's a sad time indeed when helping someone in dire need of help gets ignored.

Thanks for your post aunty establishment I will pass that information on to my friend. I do believe you are right about the club and its rules as you are not the first to tell me that, I believe most Perth clubs of similar clientele behave in the same manor though. I will keep asking around though, you never know what people might hear.

But I am still worried about what I have heard the last thing known was the poor individual lying on the ground legs twitching in the air and so many dumbstruck party goers standing around unsure how to help or if they should leave. I really hope this person is ok, but from this sketchy information we will never be able to speculate on what substances were involved or any possible medical conditions. Epileptic fit or drug overdose or food poisoning we really don't know and is probably best not to try and guess.

Fry-d- said:
This is strange. I was at said event and my friend had to help the above person. I to have been wondering what quite happened here as after the staff/medics took over we heard nothing of it. The guy collapsed beating at his chest as if his heart had stopped or as straining and was obviously in serious agony.

My friend who had to help the man is quite disturbed still from seeing this. From what I have gathered it was more of a heart attack than a fit but this information has been retold and neither the club or anyone else had anymore information regarding this incident. All we can come up with is an overdose of stimulants triggering some kind of heart condition...
It probably wasn't a seizure then, as with a tonic clonic seizure (aka grand mal fit) the person will not have control over their limbs. The seizure starts with the tonic phase, where they will stiffen up, and fall to the floor unconscious. It is followed by theclonic phase, where the limbs will jerk rhythmically and rapidly for a few minutes. It sounds more like he had a cardiac problem (though of course we are all just speculating).

I would have disagree with the epilepsy theory too. A good friend of mine has epilepsy and whenever we're out and if she's about to have a seizure then she can usually tell a few hours before hand and will catch a taxi home.

Plus as Fry-d mentioned the heart heart stopping thing is a bit of a give away!!

Oh and also if someone does have a fit all you can do is make sure they aren't going to hurt themselves, so keep them away from walls and tables and stuff. And loosen any ties or anything that may be restricting their breathing. Other then that jsut sit back and let the good times roll! But afterwards get them somewhere comfortable, and maybe a warm drink. But be prepared for some unexpected behaviour. They can get a bit snappy and stuff. Nothing personal, they're jsut in a funny frame of mind afterwards. But it burns a lot of energy so they will be pretty drained and usually will fall asleep quickly.
There's no need to take them to hospital unless they have several seizures in the space of an hour. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should you ever try to hold them down, or place anything in their mouths!

Last edited:
Just to play devil's advocate to Sliip, I have a friend who almost always fits when she takes any stimulant. She doesn't get the warning signs you mentioned either - one minute she's fine, then she's on the floor.

But to back up what babydoc said, it doesn't sound like he was fitting - he wouldn't have had the muscular control - but it *could* have been an asthma attack (I've seen someone respond in a similar fashion - beating their chest - because their breathing stopped).

Fry-d, how's your friend doing?

My mate was really keen on some closure on the whole situation just hoping to find out if the bloke was ok and as ianoffhishead was wondering what possibly happened. Unfortunately the information flow all but dried up so we're all just assuming the best outcome and moving on.