PDA

View Full Version : Lethal adderall/ritalin

tormentedpunk88
18-06-2004, 06:34
Is there a lethal doseage of these?and is it bad to mix the two and snort them?

-=ReD-hAzE=-
18-06-2004, 07:03
Yes there is a lethal dosage. No it's not too bad.

If you have to ask yourself if your pushing it, you're probably pushing it and should stop.

tormentedpunk88
18-06-2004, 07:07
what is the lethal dosage..and is it different for snorting and popping?

That makes sense...but i was only asking to make sure..cause i didnt really notice a difference anyway...but just in case.....lol

Riemann Zeta
18-06-2004, 16:35
Yes there is a lethal dose of both compounds--it depends on your tolerance. I would avoid ingesting more than 100 mg of amphetamine at one time, or more than 60 mg of methylphenidate (Ritalin).

Also, just FYI: taking both compounds at once will simply 'deactivate' the effect of the amphetamine. Since ritalin is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, it blocks the DA transporter from expelling DA, which is the putative mechanism of amphetamine.

tormentedpunk88
18-06-2004, 19:44
ok thanks

and for that last bit too...and all this time i just never knew...lol

RyanM
18-06-2004, 20:44
hmm I'm going to say the lethal dose is extreme probably more than you can think about taking

I parachuted 260mg of adderall at once in a day before I snorted 300mg+ in a little over 30 hours hm concerta was 360mg in a little over 24 hours I took 5 at once each time 36mg uh I snorted 200mg+ of non time release in a little over 2 hours since I go crazy with that

I usually snort atleast 90-140mg of adderall a day more when I get non time release

Uh I don't think you have to worry and there is people who do a lot more than my doses a day

-=ReD-hAzE=-
18-06-2004, 23:10
^^^ Take into consideration that you have something called a TOLERANCE!!!

How much did you take back when you first got access to adderall or ritalin?

plurfectblendz
19-06-2004, 07:46
I dunno if thers a lethal dose, i sure hope not cause i have a tendency to blow a few hundred mg of adderrall in one sitting

HobbyIsBowling
20-06-2004, 01:27
"Is there a lethal dose" Sure, if you take more than 184mg of adderall you will die. Psyche. There are no definable overdose levels for any drug. Everyone is a different size with a different body chemistry and a different tolerance. What you may want to do, to get an idea if you're in the dangerous ballpark, is lookup the LD50 of ritalin(methylphendiate) and adderall(this could be slightly more complex as adderall is 3 amphetamines mixed). LD50 is basically the level at which over half of the people consuming that dose will die. If your use is ANYWHERE even in the general vicinity, ballpark, or continent of this number, you need to make some serious decisions about whether or not to continue use at your current level.

RyanM
20-06-2004, 01:51
what in the world? 184mg won't kill you I parachuted 260mg at once in a single day before I snorted 200mg in a single day RIIIGHT

Uh I know when I first did adderall it was 20mg it soon flew out of control with my highest being 260mg in a day but I know people who usually don't do adderall it's been months and months and they took 100mg at once they were fine

I'm going to say it won't start getting seriously dangerous until 500mg+ probably more in a single day

Not 184mg of adderall non sense

HobbyIsBowling
20-06-2004, 01:53
The above post illustrate exactly why there are no definate "lethal doses". You really didn't know I was using the 184 to make my point that was no one definate lethal dose?
Anyways, just to clarify, 184 was an arbitrary number, I think the real lethal dose would be higher than this as I've done 150+ in a day before without any health problems, other than a racing heart.

vilbe
20-06-2004, 05:32
i've experience slight over doses with both amphetamines AND ritalin

amphetamines for the average user (occasional, slight tolerance)-stay under 200mgs!!!!!

ritalin...i hit acute overdose at 200...so...it IS POSSIBLE

RyanM
20-06-2004, 05:44
hmm what do you mean acute overdose what happened>?

I took 180mg of concerta at once 5 pills 36mg then around 12 hours later I took another 180mg for 360mg total in around 24 hours give or take

I of course was speeding but later on I felt sick and weird but I didn't throw up or any thing and then I was fine and stuff

but yeah most people won't think about doing 200mg in a day or even 100mg of adderall to normal people who aren't 'speeders' they think it's too high and dangerous

Every now and then though you come across people who do 100+ daily or who went around or over 200mg those are the people who really understand sadly I don't know any of those people in real life so yeah I have to listen to comments from idiots who say ' that stuff is going to kill you' yeah I bet it is now go away and take your pot and your vicodin with you

soso
20-06-2004, 12:12
ritalin :)

HobbyIsBowling
20-06-2004, 21:03
Originally posted by RyanM
hmm what do you mean acute overdose what happened>?

I took 180mg of concerta at once 5 pills 36mg then around 12 hours later I took another 180mg for 360mg total in around 24 hours give or take

I of course was speeding but later on I felt sick and weird but I didn't throw up or any thing and then I was fine and stuff

The reason you didn't feel as sped is because concerta is an extended release version of methylphendiate, whereas typcial ritalin is in tablet form that just hits you right away. A good analogy here would be taking 2 or 3 80mg OC's w/ the time release cover on vs. crushing them up and blowing/swallowing them. BIG difference in terms of chance of OD.

RyanM
21-06-2004, 00:53
ohhh well okay fine but amphetamines are way better than methylphendiate I never ever have any problems with amphetamines even snorting 100+mg but of course that's only little adderall not Dexedrine or the top one Meth nopee just little baby adderall

HobbyIsBowling
21-06-2004, 01:16
ohhh well okay fine but amphetamines are way better than methylphendiate I never ever have any problems with amphetamines even snorting 100+mg but of course that's only little adderall not Dexedrine or the top one Meth nopee just little baby adderall

Judging from the style and flow of thoughts in your last two posts, it sounds like you're on a heavy dose of amphetamine right now ;) J/K

RyanM
21-06-2004, 02:35
ALSO that was a horrible example Do you actually think I would consider taking Oxycotin? N-o-

Yes I can get them with a snap of my fingers but nope

I think a better but still bad example would be non time release and time release adderall The beads are still good if you crush them to a dust with your pill crusher and snort them
But the non time release are just better They taste better the drip is better snorting them is better crushing them is better

tormentedpunk88
21-06-2004, 03:05
i thought you couldnt get high on concerta?

RyanM
21-06-2004, 03:08
I don't know who said that if you take concerta probably like 3 36mg You will not be tired any more and you will be 'speeding' even adderall XR works you don't have to crush it if you don't want to you will still not be tired and you will be up with energy

HobbyIsBowling
21-06-2004, 03:16
ALSO that was a horrible example Do you actually think I would consider taking Oxycotin? N-o-

Yes I can get them with a snap of my fingers but nope

I think a better but still bad example would be non time release and time release adderall The beads are still good if you crush them to a dust with your pill crusher and snort them
But the non time release are just better They taste better the drip is better snorting them is better crushing them is better

Wow, come on man, get ahold of yourself. I was using the drug oxycontin to try and explain to you the concept of time-release. I was not implying that you have ever done or would ever do oxycontin. Sorry if I confused you 8)

RyanM
21-06-2004, 03:23
Oh is it oxycontin whoops all this time I spelt it wrong grrness

RyanM
21-06-2004, 03:29
but once I read a website where it said snorting oxycontin was "intense narcotic rush" and the way it said it it made me want to go out right there and get oxy and snort some right then just to feel that and the 'nod' or whatever people talk about Even though I'm a speeder Hmm now I want to try it again not good

HobbyIsBowling
21-06-2004, 03:46
but once I read a website where it said snorting oxycontin was "intense narcotic rush" and the way it said it it made me want to go out right there and get oxy and snort some right then

LMAO =D I do have to agree though, it's tough to make a drug sound more attractive than to say it provides an "intense narcotic rush". The funny thing is that the websites including this phrase are invariably the ones discouraging use. 8o

komcaz51
31-07-2004, 00:21
I came across this thread searching for 'ritalin time release' (obviously)

I was just Rx'ed Ritalin 20MG TimeRelease(HCI,SR.) I took one 20mg cap and felt really good the first day. I did the same the next day.
And without changing anything, the third day I took my normal dose and I felt sick to my stomach - a constant sick feeling in my gut, meaning I never had the feeling I was about to yak. I did eat some food so you can rule out not eating anything which makes me wonder why this happens.

Ok so the 4th day, being dumb and after reading these posts plus the sick feeling I was pretty sure would set in, I crushed the beads up and sniffed them. Only 20mg, not exactly because I lost 10-15 or so beads.

I felt real good like the first time I dosed Ritalin. This lasted for about 20-45mins.
When I sniffed, it did burn but not badly. Just made my eyes water for a couple of seconds.

Then throughout the day I started to get that sick feeling again. Im wondering why it feels fine for the first hour but then starts to get very uncomfortable.

Wondering if anyone could type me some insight on this, hopefully theres some users on this board that experienced kinda what I have.

---Sorry if its wrong to bring an old post back...heh;)

geetered
31-07-2004, 10:09
I dont think the nose is capable of snorting a lethal dosage... still you shouldnt go over your limit, it might not kill you, but probably make you think your gonna have a heart attack. DONT PUSH YOUR LIMITS

RyanM
31-07-2004, 10:29
yes and besides that the lethal dosage for ritalin/adderall is so far up it's impossible I personally parachuted 260mg at once in a single day of adderall,snorted 200mg in a day before uhh did the no sleep thing before on 500+mg of adderall Um 360mg Concerta in a bit over 24 hours,use to snort around 90mg-140mg daily of adderall,um mixed the two the most recent 70mg Adderall 72mg Ritalin snorted,um Oh by the way at the moment I'm doing 120mg daily

Besides that from personal there is people who did over 300mg a day or 200mg/daily for a while

JunkyardJoel
31-07-2004, 16:52
Shit this ryan guy is really a tweeker. He keeps repeating the same basic thing in almost all of his fuckin' posts. He reminds me of me last year when I was heavily into speed, before I discoverd opiates.

-=ReD-hAzE=-
31-07-2004, 17:19
Yes. We're trying to inject some harm reduction into Ryan, but he's got a leaky vessel I think...

It gets rather frustrating at times...

FiatFlux
14-02-2005, 04:22
i know this is an old thread but i was doing a search for it, and i'm Rx'd 54mg Concerta, being a tweeker without ANY means to meth or anything more "uplifting" i've been taking 4 or 5 of those puppies read: 216 or 270mg respectively along with my daily dose of 200mg Provigil. In other words you won't die from doing that much, but remember I have been using amphetamines for 4 years or so now... the only thing i reccomend is to try and have a short acting benzo like ativan on hand because the comedown is horrible. oh, and i don't crush them up it's too much fucking work -- i just swallow them.

FiatFlux
14-02-2005, 04:29
i just did some searching on a couple other websites and came up with this:

The LD50's for various amphetamines are:
Dextroamphetamine sulfate: Oral rat LD50: 32 mg/kg
Amphetamine sulfate: Oral rat LD50: 55 mg/kg.
Dextroamphetamine: Oral rat LD50: 38 mg/kg
Methylphenidate (for comparison) Oral rat LD50: 367 mg/kg

source: http://bulkpharm.mallinckrodt.com/_attachments/msds/d0841.htm

rhtips1
03-06-2005, 14:47
I know the most my doctor said they could prescribe of concerta was 70mgs then they switch to adderall (because its obviously stronger) ....given the fact that doctors would never prescribe a lethal dosage then at least you know 70mgs isnt over doing it...:/

rhtips1
03-06-2005, 18:28
by the way over the past 2 1/2 hours i ingested 300 mgs of concerta. Do you know how freakin hard it is to peel off that stupid layer before you get to the pill after already tweakin on 200 mgs? i dont think I'm getting any sleep tonight...but mmmm...taste like cocke without the numbness. I can't wait to switch to adderall though, i wont have to do so freakin much in one sitting

BlackOut
04-06-2005, 09:04
I am always in total confusion as to snort or eat Ritalin - One sitting I decide "SNORTING IS THE WAY!", but the next session I decide that "Swallowing rocks! Comedown lessened, more consitent high". But then economics comes to mind, 2/3 is lost sublingually, and then I try to snort a little at a time, but end up feeling like shit anyway...What to do.

DARitalinMAN
12-05-2009, 20:12
Haha ryan, I think we’ve got similar minds and behavior and I’m glad that someone else is as enthusiastic about meds as I am. But, I don’t see the fascination in Adderall…it’s the same chemical compound as speed and chrystal meth, and for me, it doesn’t do anything except make me jittery and wide awake.
Anyway, to cut to the chase, as others have said, there is no definite lethal or overdose amount for adderall or Ritalin, as the amount the body can handle varies from person to person; it has to do with your body type, weight, size, but most importantly, your tolerance to the drug. And with my reactions to Adderall, I think I can show you how and that it really does just depend on your body and tolerance.
I was finally diagnosed with ADD about 2 years ago, but have probably been taking meds somewhat regularly for about 3 years…and I’ve tried it all. For the past 8 months, my prescription has been the same: 3 20mg short acting Ritalin tablets a day. Honestly, I’ve tried it all: dexadrin, adderall, focalin, concerta, strattera…Ritalin is by far the best. Honestly, I don’t see the big deal with adderall. It’s just clutch for all nighters; For me, it doesn’t do anything except keep me awake, which is why I’ll only take it if I need to be up late or for a day(s).
So anyway, to get to my point, at the end of last year, I stayed up for 2 days in a row for two finals, and then pulled another all nighter on top of that the next night before graduation to spend every last minute with my high school buddies (I went to a boarding school which was fun as shit and what got me into this shit to begin with.) Anyway, I I didn’t have any of my own meds left because it was the end of the month and I was about to get a new script, so I got short acting adderall from a friend and maybe like 40-60 LA as well. I mean yeah, it did the trick and everything and I did successfully stay awake for almost 4 days , but it sucked. Prior to this, the most adderall I’d probably taken in a day was 60-80 LA. When I had taken about 120mgs over the course of like 24 hours, I began to feel fucking crazy. I felt like I was really coked out and like I was actually on speed: I couldn’t sit still, my lips were like twitching and shit and my mouth was all jabberjaw and shit and my heart was probably beating 300x a minute.
So Ryan, you’ve taken that much and much more adderall within a day and from what it sounds, everything was alright. For me, when I had taken just about 100mgs of adderall, I thought I was questionably pushing the envelope for overdose and reduced the amounts I was taking each day significantly. To this day, I still have shitty reactions with adderall. But Ritalin, on the other hand, is a completely different story. Ryan, I’m assuming your prescribed to adderall…? If not, you’ve certainly taken it in excess many times. Thus, unlike me, you have a tolerance to adderall that allows you to comfortably take large amounts of it within a day. With Ritalin, I’m the exact same way. Whenever I get my prescription filled, there’s always a period where I’ll just have a blowout and hook friends up and what not. I’d say the most I’ve snorted in a day has probably been about 350 mgs of Ritalin, and 500 in 2 days….A little ridiculous, but im a workaholic on it. And it’s just fun ; )
Even the effects vary from person to person; clearly, there’s something certain people like you Ryan find appealing about Adderall. For me, it doesn’t improve my concentration or focus in the slightest bit, but only makes me jittery. Plus, adderall sucks to scomp (it’s a term me and my buddies created coined at school for snorting ADD meds—spread it around!) and doesn’t give you the high and euphoric feeling that snorthing Ritalin does.
As for those of you on XR or LA pills…fuck that shit…I mean why take that? Crushing up those little beads is annoying as fuck, and you don’t get to take as many meds in a day.
As for concerta….ew.
The only other medication I recommend is focalin which I was prescribed to for about a week and I took it only at night and my Ritalin in the morning and afternoon. Focalin is 2x the potency and strength of Ritalin, so a 10mg tab of it is the same as a 20mg tab of Rit.
Just thought I’d share my insights on this through personal experience.
Keep scompin!

p.s. whoever the pussy was that was complaining about their stomach hurting…it could be a few reasons. One, I suggest to just suck it up. But the other thing could be that you’re taking too much for your body to handle—you said you were fine the first day, but that could have been because you had only taken like 20mg and that was your first time…as time goes on, you take more and you’re body can react to it and cause your stomach to hurt. The only other thing is that—despite that you said you had eaten—you might need to eat. ADD medications are extremely effective appetite suppressants and although you may have eaten already, your stomach might essentially be hurting because you need to eat, but because of the medication, you’re just not that hungry…if that makes sense.

Sorry for the essay, but I did scomp 60mgs about 10 mins ago! Proof of its effectiveness!

Casezilla
21-01-2010, 17:55
So, am I good for avoiding lethal or ODing dosage if I take 60MG of adderall, with a VERY low tolerance? : o
Also if I'm like, 130ish pounds and super skinny?