Meth and your muscles

As gfresh27 says, I don't think you'll get very good results at all using it recreationally. Using most drugs recreationally isn't beneficial to your bodybuilding goals (with perhaps one or two exceptions).

Last edited:
5alphareductase said:
Meth itself raises cortisol over the roof, and all of the things associated with meth like not eating or sleeping just add to it. To gain any good muscle you have to stop the meth, or keep it to once a month at the most.

Surprisingly, having controlled amounts of cortisol is actually very beneficial to fat loss. Yes it is catabolic, but that is something we have to deal with when trying to lose bodyfat. The main goal in a fat cutting cycle is the maintenance of muscle while losing bodyfat, rather than actually trying to gain muscle at the same time (which is physiologically possible, but not practical).

Taken from one of Big Cat's articles:

'Cortisol is that one hormone we all love to hate, because its one of the most important inducers of proteolysis, resulting in muscle loss. Like most hormones we want some of it, but too much becomes detrimental. When we diet especially, cortisol levels tend to rise drastically. This is not entirely negative though, cortisol is probably the most powerful lipolytic drug there is.

With a few downsides of course. Whereas it reduces fat in most areas, it increases visceral fat mass (beer belly like). This is an evolutionary safe-guard. Visceral fat can be easily mobilized, so relocating fat there may be to our advantage in surviving long spells of caloric restriction.

This is generally not a problem on a diet, visceral fat mass is reduced pretty much as fast as cortisol can relocate the fat there, especially as your diet progresses. The main negative is that if you fall off the wagon, and start binging, chances are you will gain fat in your gut first. The other major downside of course is the muscle loss.

Cortisol is the one hormone everyone would like to be able to control selectively. Turning it off in muscle and visceral fat, and turning it up in subcutaneous fat. This is why most steroid users will opt for an androgen with anti-cortisol properties to aid in retention of muscle mass.

Testosterone and trenbolone are the two most potent drugs in this regard, and they are highly synergistic in this regard as well. Testosterone blocks the cortisol receptor, whereas trenbolone may reduce receptor number and may reduce size of the adrenal gland long term.

Usually in a diet we try to make use of cortisol without letting it get out of hand.'

Sleep is perhaps one of the most important (and neglected) areas of bodybuilding, due to endogenous GH production. The majority of your daily GH output is actually produced during sleep (approx 75% in many people). To get around this, meth should be used in the morning and in low doses (like with a simple ECA stack). Hypnotics can occasionally be useful (I personally prefer GHB). Although I wouldn't recommend relying on them regularly.

Meth is an extremely powerful anorectic. However, I don't believe that in low, controlled doses, this will prevent you from eating enough to preserve muscle mass. In the transition from bulking to cutting e.g. eating 4500kcal/day to 2000kcal/day, you'll usually be hungry anyway, so having a reduced appetite will be helpful.

Although I cannot cite any references at the moment, I believe that using piracetam in conjunction with methamphetamine (not amphetamine) prevents most if not all neurotoxicity when doses are kept low.

Bad_Boy_Blue said:

Taken from one of Big Cat's articles:

O/T: Don't even bring Big Cunt over here to BL. The guy is a major azz and thinks he's right about everything. he's a mod from hell too. besides, those guys at the bb boards are totally against recreational drugs and will fight you to the end on that topic, but will fight to protect juice and ph's. what a bunch of hypocrites! So, keep BC and his goons outta BL or i will regulate.

This is for the guy with the shoulder separation.. Go have the fucking surgery and take the time off to heal! You will come back stronger than ever..but trying to train while you ignore what your body is telling you.. is a waste of your time and energy.. I know its a tough decision..facing time off like that. I just did it, and came back..so I say..get off the fence!

Meth is extremely addictive and personally destructive.

And combining it with GHB as was suggested earlier? That is supposed to reduce the risk somehow? Mask the sides maybe, but GHB itself is extremely addictive.

I have to disagree with the idea that "we must never judge or advise others not to use certain drugs".

If your friend says to you "boy meth really makes me jittery and messes up my sleep cycles and eating habits and also makes me want to pick my skin until i look like a pincushion" would you then advise him/her to offset the effects with heroin? Of course it would cut down on the side effects but it would also introduce much larger issues to the situation. Would you not be a better friend if you advised them to cut down or eliminate a habit that was affecting them so negatively? And in fact, wouldn't it just be a good idea to discourage meth use?

I personally don't know anyone who has had a long term habit, be it GHB, meth, heroin, or crack that would advise their friends to take up the habit, quite the opposite. The only people who will advocate it are those whose habits have not progressed far enough to really damage their lives...yet.

runner_man said:

I personally don't know anyone who has had a long term habit, be it GHB, meth, heroin, or crack that would advise their friends to take up the habit, quite the opposite. The only people who will advocate it are those whose habits have not progressed far enough to really damage their lives...yet.

are you saying you are against the use of recreational drugs for everyone?

Nope. I'm saying that those drugs have an extremely high potential for addiction, and that its probably not wise to ignore the obvious social damage they do. I don't know how prevalent meth is where you are, but here in SoCal, its an epidemic.

I fought a coke addiction for six years, but before that I would have spoken differently about it - its a lot of fun when you first start, just like any drug, but that perspective changes over time.

Weed, alcohol in moderation, the occasional psychedelic are all things I enjoy regularly. I just think its important to recognize the danger level of certain drugs when discussing them.

I always hear alotta "I's" when i hear people raging on recreational drugs. why do people like to give advice from the "I"?

then, you have people like you selectively choosing which drugs are ok or not for society. please don't. let the individual adult decide for themselves. some drugs may not be right for you, but that doesn't mean it's not right for another. And don't bag meth unless you are using it for bb purposes. it's fine when used responsibly.

Anyhow, we are all here to help each other use drugs safely, effectively, and responsibly because we believe that all drugs should be legal for adults. don't you?

don't be a bb.com idiot, please. i've had enough of those hypocritical knuckleheads. "juice is fine, but coke is bad! coke will make you rob and kill people." f'n idiots!

AznRaver said:
don't be a bb.com idiot, please. i've had enough of those hypocritical knuckleheads. "juice is fine, but coke is bad! coke will make you rob and kill people." f'n idiots!

hmmm, well I'm not a hypocritical knucklehead or a f**king idiot. And I was not raging. I was just conveying my experience and that of people I care about.

To me the point of an open forum is to present personal experience so that others can make an informed decision. I have friends who are dead or in prison as a result of meth, and i think its important to bear in mind that it can be a very negative force in anyone's life. Nobody ever believes it will happen to them until they are in the thick of it.

If my friend came to me and said he wanted to try hallucinogens, and that he was considering LSD for his first experience, I'd probably counsel him to start with mushrooms at low dose and work his way up, not because i am a drug prude, but because i remember some blistering 12 hour trips I took and how I could have used some advice prior.

Well from first hand experience Id say meth for cutting fat works wonders. After a cycle of creatine stacked with whey iso protein I tend to have a little excess fat. A few nights with meth usually does away with all of it. In fact it works so well I might actually recomend it. People who are opposed to this but support such nasty things as steroids are sort of contradicting themselves. You don't use the meth during your actual workout because that would be dangerous, you use it afterwards. Sure you might risk losing a tiny bit of muscle but with all the fat your losing it evens things out. I found out the reason why I though I lost massive amounts of muscle was indeed from water loss. It all comes back within 3 days. The lean cut appearance everyones looking for is worth it all. Just my 2 cents....

ForTheRush said:
People who are opposed to this but support such nasty things as steroids are sort of contradicting themselves.

I'm not opposed to anything that has clear benefits and does minimal harm, I just think that if you look at the big picture, its hard to make that case for meth, and a lot easier to make that case for steroids.

ForTheRush said:
Well from first hand experience Id say meth for cutting fat works wonders.

Are you stacking meth with steroids? If so I can tell you from first hand experience that this appears to be a bad combo. This is from two people close to me, one of which is my SO. One developed a pretty nasty case of OCD from a single time while on cycle and the other had some pretty intense kidney issues develop. I've also seen a not so nice experience involving a mixture of E and gear. Just my opinion here but I don't think that steroids and amphetamines/phenethylamines mix well with each other.

People who are opposed to this but support such nasty things as steroids are sort of contradicting themselves.

Not really, it is after all a forum for the discussion of steroids. I think some people are going to be slightly prejudice as it's well documented how meth tears you down and destroys your body. Quite the opposite of the goal of what most, if not all people, who use steroids seek.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Not much details on the E experience except to say that the subject reported that the euphoric part lasted much shorter and was less intense than previous dose of the same material. He also said there was more stimulation on the backside of the peak and a distinct and unpleasant dysphoria that was not previously felt when not on cycle.

Oh, forgot to mention his cycle was deca & cyp. He's a hard head so I'm thinking that his doses were pretty high all around.

I disagree with what runner man saying about GHB's addictiveness. I don't think it's highly addictive (although the withdrawals are brutal if you do manage to get addicted to it).

In the past I have used it an awful lot without getting addicted (I don't recommend that anyone over-uses it like I did).

Just because a substance is neurotoxic, does not mean that small amounts will damage your brain. All drugs have a therapeutic dose range. Go above it and you're asking for trouble.

It's highly unlikely that steroids and methamphetamine interact or are contraindicated. You can't make a conclusion based on the experience of one person's opinion/experience.

Bad_Boy_Blue said:

It's highly unlikely that steroids and methamphetamine interact or are contraindicated.

Not true. Go and do a bit of reseach on the relation of dopamine and hormonal activity in the body as well as the relation of dopamine and methamphetamine. Checkout the relation of serotonin/melatonin and meth use also while you're at it.

If you still don't see any correlation, then it appears that you are only rationalizing your use of methamphetamine.

You can't make a conclusion based on the experience of one person's opinion/experience.

That's a good point about drawing a conclusion based on one person's experience, but that's what you are doing when you say that you have not had a problem yet with meth or GHB and therefore they are not addictive. Look around you, there are many casualties from both of these substances.