Meth and your muscles

5alphareductase said:
who are we to say that it is, or is not, to dangerous to use.

if you only knew. But, the question should be who are YOU to say?

if you are actually saying it's ok to use meth for bb purposes, i don't know what kinda mod you are here. it's a great recreational drug for it's intended uses one of which is not for bb purposes. if you are saying it's ok to use for fat loss, then fine. but don't make it sound like you should go lift and do cardio on meth. you should know better than that.

If you thought that I was recommending everyone use meth to lose weight, then we got our lines crossed. I would never recommend meth to lose weight except in the most extreme circumstances, and even then surgery is probably the better option. Using meth and using bodybuilding as an excuse is just stupid really.

amphetimines might be recreational drugs but they can also be used to enhance performance. The doses used clinically are nowhere near party doses though.

Studies have shown that meth use permanently effects the ability of the user to feel pleasure as well as decreased cognitive function and motor skills.

thats a correlation, not a cause.

on topic: all i know is meth can make people very, very skinny. so can not eating. funny how it all relates..well not funny..or funny? i'm not sure :)

I'm sorry but the pro's do use speed for cutting fat. There is a difference between the use of this drug as a fat loss aid and the use of it as a recreational drug.

The evidence for it's effect on lypolysis and it's use as a beta-2 adregergic agonist is there.

People use DNP. It's effective. It's also dangerous, yet talking about it isn't shunned in the same way as speed...

5alphareductase said:
If you thought that I was recommending everyone use meth to lose weight, then we got our lines crossed. I would never recommend meth to lose weight except in the most extreme circumstances, and even then surgery is probably the better option. Using meth and using bodybuilding as an excuse is just stupid really.

ok, we are on the same wavelength now. meth and bodybuilding is a very stupid and dangerous idea.

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
I'm sorry but the pro's do use speed for cutting fat. There is a difference between the use of this drug as a fat loss aid and the use of it as a recreational drug.

The evidence for it's effect on lypolysis and it's use as a beta-2 adregergic agonist is there.

People use DNP. It's effective. It's also dangerous, yet talking about it isn't shunned in the same way as speed...

i disagree. no professsional bb'r is using meth for fat loss. there are much better things to use like t3, clen, winny, and even DNP. meth is too catabolic on the muscles for it to be used as a fatloss agent. besides, it's stupid and dangerous to be using meth during your workouts.

AznRaver said:
besides, it's stupid and dangerous to be using meth during your workouts.

It may be stupid to use meth during your workouts from a muslce building perspective but I don't think it would be anymore dangerous than using an ECA stack or clen if doses were reasonable. In fact I think a comparable dose of meth would be safer with less side effects (jitters, blood ressure rise etc).

5-alpha reductase.. i love that nick!! that is basically our mortal enemy in steroids use....

then my nickname should have been "anti aromatase inhibitor"

5alphareductase said:
Maybe, but you also have the addictiveness factor that the others dont have.

I respectfully disagree about this addiction factor being a problem. Firstly, I don't think meth has the quite as much potential to cause addiction as many people believe. Secondly, if used in doses so low that there is little to no euphoria, there wont be much risk of the user becoming hooked.

Check out this article:

http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id1950/pg2/

In sub-recreational doses, meth is anti-catabolic for the very same reasons an ECA stack would be.

gfresh27 said:
In fact I think a comparable dose of meth would be safer with less side effects (jitters, blood ressure rise etc).

I agree. In fact, this is a fact!

oh boy, you guys are so smart. lemme just do a modest bump of crystal before i go lift and do cardio tonite. better yet, how bout some yayo instead? stack it, you think?

jesus christ people.

Jimmy the Gun said:
Oceanbear said:
Studies have shown that meth use permanently effects the ability of the user to feel pleasure as well as decreased cognitive function and motor skills.

thats a correlation, not a cause.

Parse it any way you like, the fact remains that used over a period of time, methamphetamine use will give you brain damage.

Consider the doses used and the relative damage they will cause. I am sure if ephedrine were abused in the same way meth is used recreationally, brain damage would be the same if not greater.

There's a big difference between using small amounts of meth for losing body fat and using it to get high.

Alcohol in large amounts causes brain damage. This doesn't mean that drinking a couple of beers will turn you into a retard! It's all relative.

AznRaver said:
oh boy, you guys are so smart. lemme just do a modest bump of crystal before i go lift and do cardio tonite. better yet, how bout some yayo instead? stack it, you think?

jesus christ people.

Yeah, that was really constructive 8(

Lets keep on topic here, and not go with the insults. This is turning in to a pretty interesting topic and I would like to see it go on with good discussion.

I have found that if I keep usage down to something like once a fortnight or month, while keeping up with gym work, 6 meals a day and protein supplementation I do not appear to lose weight.

Of course after a big weekend I feel shirivelled and kilo's are gone, but it appears to just be lost water from dehydration because it all comes back.

I'll say it again, the main reason speed is bad for muscle building is the lifestyle that goes with it. When you go out for a "big night" you go out, don't eat for several hrs and dance without proper hydration. Take the speed out of the equation and your still in a majorly catabolic state.