Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Off chops?

bill joe

Bluelighter
just a quick question , i know this refers to peaking but why such a term?. Never quite understood it.

Joe %)

First thing that comes to my mind though om not actually sure on terminology of the word or slang

But...

Off being Off
And Chops being Brain hmmm... i know im far of it ;)

i think it comes from 'off your face' --> shortened / slanged to 'off chops'. isn't chops another term for mouth or cheeks or something? i remember in 'the simple life' (yeah i know!) that dude with the huge teeth was being called chops..

I saw a guy at a doof recently with a shirt saying "I'm not vegetarian, but I'm off my chops". I thought it was rather hilarious :D

Lol, here i am wondering ... being 0ff1cer_ch0ps and i cant find a real good fuckin reason behind this

Just another slang term i guess, that kinda stuck one night when i walked into a room "Off Chops", saying i was Officer Chops reporting for duty

When u think of half there terminology used for "peaking" u could really think of some crazy shit

MUNTED ??? :p

Yeah, chops can mean face.. (really jaw but face is included) so off your face = off your chops

: "Chop" has meant jaw for about 500 years; earliest quotation in Oxford English Dict. is 1505. Earliest quot. for "chops," plural, meaning the jaws, the mouth, and the parts around the mouth, is 1589. It is in this sense that we speak of licking one's chops. OED says the plural "is the more usual form in contemptuous or humorous application to men." Representative quot.: "My chops begin to water" (Fielding, 1733).

also

break (or bust) someone's chops 1970s 1 v phr To verbally assault someone; harass: "I love it here. I can work hung over and nobody busts my chops" --National Lampoon / "Well, she turned absolutely livid, and ever since she's been busting my chops" --Lawrence Sanders 2 v phr = BUST one's ASS [i.e., to work or perform to one's utmost; exert oneself mightily]

From _Dictionary of American Slang, Third Edition_ (1995) by R.L. Chapman