Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Keflex (Antibiotics) Side Effects

Mr_AuDiO

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

I was given Keflex antibiotics last monday night and had two courses of it through to saturday morning, during the time of taking them I was feeling very sick, tired/lazy and just didnt feel right at all. Then since saturday I have got little red spots on my tongue which apparently are reacted papilla or something like that, dry mouth and lips, swollen tongue and stuff and now my throat hurts again. Seems like these keflex capsules didnt even clear up the infection and at the same time are these side effects because I havent done nothing since taking these and when I say nothing I mean staying home not going out or anything. Just curious if anyone has experienced this with these or knows anything about it, as it is a worry.

Also I took 2 months ago Klacid antibiotics which were also for a throat and chest infection and they were fine so not sure if my body doesnt like the Keflex but who knows, hope someone can help.

Definitely check with your GP.

What are the possible side effects of Keflex?
• If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Keflex and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; hives; or a rash);
· rash, redness, or itching;
· severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
· mucous or blood in the stool; or
· unusual bleeding or bruising.
• Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Keflex and talk to your doctor if you experience
· mild nausea or diarrhea, or
· a yeast infection of the mouth or vagina.
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

Excerpted from: http://www.drugs.com/keflex.html

BigTrancer :)

apollo: no need for sarcasm, if it was funny i would of made it funny, so shut your pie hole if you dont have anything informative, my gp is seeing me on a certain date and i just needed some info and wondered if anyone else has experienced this, you do know how to read ye?

BT: thanks champ, hopefully all is good when i see him on monday, thanks for the info. see you round soon hopefully when i get better hehe.

Mr_AuDiO,
How, may I ask, can you be so sure I was being sarcastic?

If you don't find my input useful, ignore it. Posting shit like that just makes you look childish, especially when you jump to conclusions like that... And even more so when they're incorrect. What I said was, in my opinion, the best way for you to get answers to your questions. Chill out :)

apollo: this is a drug discussion board, therefore if the topic is relevant then obviously the person wants some info on it, but if you werent being sarcastic then its cool, thanks. its not about being childish mate its frustrating when someone wants info but gets basic 'already know' info if you wat i mean, but its cool. thanks again.

Another source of information you should never overlook when concerned about prescription meds is your local pharmacist. They're very helpful people (generally) and they get paid to give you free advice.

I would recommend you go talk to one in the meantime unless your doc appointment is very soon. If it is indeed an allergic reaction (which it sounds like to unqualified me) you will need to keep it in mind and on your health records so that you don't have a further incident with it.

maybe you're allergic, I'm on it right now and am close to the end of a 2 month cycle of it, and have experienced zero side effects, but everybody reacts differently to different things