Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

can someone tell me

Olli.

Bluelighter
HI can someone tell me if you can go to the doctors, and get some form of i dont know valium, sleeping pill or whatever to relax you, do they give this out fairly easy.

I have just broken up with my boyfriend, and i havent been able to sleep, eat, getting pretty bad anxiety, and all and all a bit messed, and just want something, that doesnt mess my head up anymore, i dont want to get trashed, i just want to relax and have a decent night sleep.

You could just try going to the doctor and explaining all of this to him/her?
Alot of the time it will just depend on the doctor you go to.
Although alot of doctors do not like to hand out "sleeping pills" and benzo's like lollies these days, sometimes you will get a doctor that might give you a short prescription for stilnox, which is just as good if all you are wanting is a good nights sleep anyway.
If failing that, restavit, dozile and mersyndol drowsy are all otc medicines which you can get from a pharmacy and you will find these will aid in helping you sleep aswell.
Have you tried a more natural remedy like velarium? Its a herbal sleeping tablet, I have tried it a few times and it seems to work quite well.

Hope this helps.

they usually dont give out any benzos like valium unless you are in a really bad state.. like having panic attacks all the time..however some doctors are a little more easy.. if you explain your troubles ull more then likely get a perscription for a non-benzo relaxant/sleeping pill.

velarium is the biggest JOKE of a sleeping pill, i took 5 velarium forts in 1 nite and i was left wide awake.... numerous time. Kava will knock you out if you can get ur hands on some, otherwise if your desperate for a good nites sleep go and buy some cold and flu tablets, take 1 or 2 of the nite pills, that should get you to sleep :)

^^ Yeah, Melburn_madness. I agree. Velarium is a crock, didn't do anything for me except create these feral herbal smelling burps!

Just yesterday I managed to get a prescription for Stilnox, a non-benzodiazepine sleeping tablet.

I haven't been sleeping because I've got a really bad flu and although I have Valium in supply I don't like to take it very often.

I wasn't sure whether the doctor (I'd never been to this surgery before) would give me the prescription just because I couldn't sleep while I had the flu, so I made up a story about having a weekend DJ'ing job that saw me up all night Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, and unable to sleep midweek. He mentioned Temazepam straight away (A drug related to Valium rather closely, yet with less abuse potential) but said Stilnox had less potential to create dependency. He wrote me out a script for a 7 night supply, said if it didn't work to come back and get a script for something stronger.

Despite being skeptical, I found Stilnox worked fine. Just as well as the same amount of Temazepam. It shouldn't be too hard for you to acquire a script for it.

I'm not so sure a doctor would necessarily say no to prescribing valium or something similar for your situation. Many variables here; age, histroy, health etc, as well of course how your Dr assesses your present situation. Valium can be an excellent short term ease to grief or related anxiety.

As it also has a potential for addiction it's often better to only ask for a week or two's worth in order to get through what you see as a temporary phase. Valium worked for me once in a similar situation, and I had no problems coming off them after a couple of weeks.

Good luck with getting over this hurdle. Ultimately you'll have to face it all, but with or without drugs time has a way of permitting this without the accompanied feelings you now have :)

Thank u for your reply's, i just told the doctor the situation, she was very understanding and gave me some Stilnox, only 2 because she said people with anxiety, get easily addicted. I wish she gave me more!

So i cant wait to go home and just go to bed.

Thanks.

phase_dancer said:
Good luck with getting over this hurdle. Ultimately you'll have to face it all, but with or without drugs time has a way of permitting this without the accompanied feelings you now have :)

thank you, i cant wait for this time thing to hurry up, i dont feel like going out and getting trashed or drunk to stop thinking, so i thought this might be a better option, and im sure ill feel better after a decent night sleep.:)

^ Having just broken up with my gf of 4 years last week, I didn't want to spend hours awake thinking about it, so 2x Restavit (25mg Dox. Succ. - available OTC) knocked me out for a beautiful 15 hours sleep.

melatonin knocks me out like a mofo....
3mg is usually enough
6mg and i wake up like 10 hrs later groggy

ld50 vs ssri said:
Doxylamine Succinate does the trick for me ;)

Gah! That stuff leaves me unable to function for days afterwards. I stay away from that like SARS.

Diphenhydramine is the bomb. Sleeping agent AND Hallucinogenic. Can't go wrong.

Though I'm not actually sure if it technically IS a hallucinogen, I always get corner of the eye visuals and funky aureal shit.

Yeah tis a lil harsh on groggyness and disorientaion for atleast two days with me

You might want to see a doctor mate. Maybe ssri's or benzo's will help with anxietys.

I was perscribed Xanax and Effexor and it really helped but nasty withdrawals :(

im actually feeling alot better today, i didnt even take the sleeping pills last night, I got home and felt okay, so i think im saving them for another time when i feel i cant think for a while.

I saw a doctor, she said to go back next week, i might see, i dont really want to start taking things, but ill see what she says if i go back, hopefully i wont need to.

Thanks.

I live in Sydney and (suprisingly) find it extremely easy to obtain benzos from a doctor should you approach them right and not be completely direct or indirect. I can't say how to do this, as thats "breaking the rules" but what I can say is that should you be a smart talker, know what your looking for and word it correctly, plus look reasonably well dressed (not junkie like) then no worries! not for me anyway!

shals :D

To begin, You could speak with your doctor about starting Serepax. A short acting Benzo. Asking for Valium/Xanex will most certainly not go down well on a first visit.

I went through a very similar situation about a year ago now.

I'm not a good sleeper as it is and I explained to my doctor the circumstances and she was very eager to listen and work out what I needed. She asked me if I had had anything before to help and I mentioned Valium given by a friend and she instantly said "no no no not good!". She prescribed me stilnox as its non-addictive and it knocks you out as well as any other. I didnt want valium or benzos or anything coz I feel when you are in that kind of state of mind after a breakup you're a lot more likely to start using to hide the pain and dope yourself out instead of just knocking yourself out at night when you're lying in bed alone with your thoughts, which have a tendancy to snowball out of proportion.

I found that getting stilnox was rather easy coz it isnt an addictive drug, so your doctor can give you a pack and you can use it and you wont be coming back hankering for some more - other than the fact you're run out and you still feel you need them to sleep. I asked for more the other week as I was having some stress related sleeping problems (which I get often) and she was more than happy to print me out a new script.

I hope things start looking up for you :)

stace.

If i cant get to sleep i usually take 1 or 2, 5-htp caps (100mg/ea). Knocks me out nicely.

Careful of the dreams tho 8(