Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

security at perth event?

pillpopper123

Bluelighter
does anyone know what the security will be like at *a large perth event* this weekend in perth.
i havent been to the main venue before and so i was just wondering what i should expect in the way of searches or anything like that.
thanks.

normal security. not sure about a search, i personally havent seen one. but ya never know. also they might use the scanner for metal objects so leave ur guns and knives at home.

went to a pretty large perth event earlier in the year. no searches, no weapon scans. Barely noticed security the whole time. Onli caught a few glimpses and when I entered/exited venue/s

If you presume that there will be extremely tight security on the night, then you will be prepared for it if it is so. Better safe than sorry eh?

BigTrancer :)

ive been going to events in perth for the last 5 years and ive never been searched, not once. We dont really have any problems with weapons and shit like that and people arent dropping dead so people dont get searched.

You've been going to places in Perth for 5 years and you have not once noticed the problems a particular club near the railway line or another club that is a place of worship's problems with certain ethnic groups? There’s been stabbings, shootings and plenty of times these clubs have patted down every person upon entry.

One of the events on the weekend is held at a venue where permanent fixed metal detectors are around the entry. But I agree these problems are rare at events.

Not to scare you about anything over the weekend though they are only searching for weapons and with events of this magnitude slowing a line of 1000 punters so they can search everyone is suicide for the promoters. Just think the security is there for your protection anyway. I say go up to the bouncers on your way out and give him a big smile, a big hug and say thanks very much ;)

Have Fun
=D

Last edited:
^^^

Totally agree with you Fry-d- about problem spots, and implications.

When entering said venue on railway at big events, have seen people with loose clothing (big jackets or pants) patted down. Have also seen the hand held scanner out checking for weapons.

I have never seen searches for illicit substances at any one of heaps of perth events, but that doesnt mean they wont start... so play it safe.

If you're not going to play it safe... put gear in underwear.
Crowd controllers are not authorised to strip search (told by many crowd controller mates).

I'll add my voice to the be nice to the bouncers chorus. In my experience bouncers at these sort of events (unlike pub bouncers) are excellent. They keep us safe yet remain largely unobtrusive unless needed.

^^^

Yes, went to an event at the railway venue this year, and my boyfriend was scanned with hand held metal detectors... it didn't help that he had a metal hipflask full of CC in his pocket.... the bouncers were really nice though, let us go around the corner and 'empty it', then let us in... lol...

If you wear a mini skirt and a tight top though, they won't even bother scanning you ;)

Same with events in NZ - the bouncers are pretty cool and usually are into the dance culture anyways. Many of the events Ive been to here, the bouncers have been great usually handing out dancesafe type flyers... Mainly they refuse intoxicated revellers that pass by and want piece of the action... Like a certain event a while back media were saying theres going to be mass violence, rioting, out of control youth at the outdoor party. LOL 11,000 happy people, anti-alcohol and no arrests.