Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 20 arrested in dance party raid

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
20 arrested in dance party raid
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9697230%5E1702,00.html
30may04

POLICE raided a dance party in Sydney's west overnight, arresting 20 people for drug offences.

Flemington Police, backed by drug sniffer dogs, raided the party at Homebush and conducted more than 40 searches during the night.
The 20 people arrested included a 30-year-old Brazilian man and a 20-year-old Erskine Park man who were charged with suppling ecstasy, police said today.

They were granted bail to appear at Burwood Local Court on June 21.

Eighteen people were charged with possessing ecstasy, amphetamines or cannabis and were bailed to appear at Burwood Local Court on July 13.

For FUCK'S SAKE! I'm not even going to comment except for the fact that now when I see these news headings, my heart sinks a little more each time... Seriously, what were these party goers doing that was such a risk to society etc. etc. etc.... This is getting frustrating....

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!!!

things like this make me soooo fucken angry, what the fuck? WE ARE TRULY LIVING IN THE DARK AGES when police waste time and money on fruitless efforts on this.

Do they think they've solved sydney's drug problem now?

In ten raids like thid from now?

At least it's safe kill, rape, steal and pillage as long as your not getting high while you do it

A certain N.W.A. song comes to mind......"FUCK THA PO-LICE!"

yer nice one!@ fuck tha police for doing their job dammit! fuck youd think drugz were illegal or something with all these raidz.....

man I fucking hate the police, busting people out having a good time at a rave, I bet the majority of people caught only had a couple of pills on them for personel use too. But hey I guess it would be better (and legal) to go and drink 700mls of Jim Beam and hit the town, at least the government get their cut of the tax that way.

hehehe, we really need a sarcasm emoticon, some people just dont get it some times

guys, just remember, sniffer dogs can only smell large amounts.

i've had the original hq's in a pocket, and had a dog sniff that pocket and move on.

if the dog smells you, you are obviously carrying more than just personal use.

these sorta raids are aimed at dealers at parties, not individual users.

[S]alvatore said:
Uh.....drugs are illegal

hahaha.. i laffed at the funniness of the original comment...

i laff even harder now... ;) ;)

Not quite right Muzby, dogs can smell as little as one pill, but in an environment where there are drugs everywhere then they are likley only going to respond to the strongest of sources, otherwise the dogs will be sitting down every few seconds.

Well I was warned when entering that there were sniffer dogs present and so was everyone else going in around the same time as me.

I'd say how you react to the sniff would also play a huge part in whether you were searched by an officer or just let go.. remember dogs aren't 100% and will pick people up that may not even have anything on them, happened to a friend of mine a few raids back (getting all too common!).

secret squirrel said:
things like this make me soooo fucken angry, what the fuck? WE ARE TRULY LIVING IN THE DARK AGES when police waste time and money on fruitless efforts on this.

hahaha I almost wet my pants when I read this.

If we were living in the dark ages I for one would be wearing a suit of armour, speaking Ye Olde speak, and would possibly have a court jester.

And you sir would be burnt as a heretic hahaha

Meh, I got there early and there were no signs of the dogs ... saw em rock up at the main entry at some stage and they mainly mingled around there and the small room next to it. I think they might have taken the dog onto the main floor for a while, but its not like they took it to every crevise of the arena and had the coppa's flashing torches in people's eyes and conducting random searches ... from what I saw, the handlers did a good job .. there was only 1 dog, maybe 2 I think. It was NOTHING like the raid at *one of the 4 sydney clubs* that got targeted a few months ago, and totally wrecked the night ... last night, they were just doing their job and it didn't have a negative impact on the general party vibe in my opinion. Mad props I say .. they looked like young fellers, half of them probably had a cone or two after work =D

actually i don't know ... I can't be everywhere at once, maybe it wasn't how I my sketchy memory remembers it ...

Obviously its a huge waste of resources and the government really needs to look at how it manages its 'drug war' budget (if it even needs one) .. why go for young ravers and wannabee 35 year old adidas dealers, when you could be busting the coke dealers driving around the North Shore.

I'm sorry but in this current climate, sniffer dogs are a given at a big rave like ***. You just gotta be prepared.

this seems like its not gonna stop, so for more events like this large one - make sure you ARE prepared and have your stuff somewhere close and safe.

try double-bagging your stuff if you have to (probably doesnt make TOO much of a difference) but it would likely help.

The answer to the problem is simple, just take a dog with you and stash your drugs in its arse....well, it makes sense to me :)

it'd be a laugh if you could somehow get some liquid substance the dog can really smell and get close enough to rub on its tail.

secret squirrel said:
WE ARE TRULY LIVING IN THE DARK AGES

Yes we do live simple lives these days don't we. If you include a room with several thousand other people jumping in unison to a repetitive beat oh and don't forget the several seperate lasers streaming a hundred different beams towards you as well. Dark ages indeed. :)

am i the only one that is tempted to fill a waterbomb with bong water, hide in amongst a crowd where i cant be seen, and launch the bomb at an officer that has a dog and watch as the dog rips him to shreads =D

I stand corrected, i guess it's good to hear stories like this and whonder if it will ever happen to me or someone I care about

^^ Not a bad idea but it would be pretty hard to get this bong water inside though... oh I guess you could shaft it temporarily until you get inside? :p

^If you take enough precautions it isn't hard to avoid the police, just hide your gear well enough on yourself that they would have to strip search you to find it, and you can always say you had a smoke before you came... heard of that working a few times.