Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Seventeen arrested in three-state drug swoop

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Seventeen arrested in three-state drug swoop
May 26, 2004 - 10:06AM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/26/1085461799861.html?feed=rss

Simultaneous dawn raids on properties in three states had exposed a $22 million amphetamine network allegedly organised by five bikie gangs, police said today.

About 350 police raided 26 properties in NSW and South Australia early this morning, with 17 people being arrested.

Two properties were raided in Queensland but there was no arrests.

Most of the raids were undertaken by 200 officers on 11 homes in the central-western NSW town of Dubbo, where the operation was allegedly based.

Police will allege five bikie gangs - the Rebels, Nomads, Gypsy Jokers, Hells Angels and Finks - are part of a network manufacturing drugs such as cannabis and speed worth about $22 million.

The drugs were then being distributed by truck drivers, police will allege.

"(Police have) identified a criminal network with links to outlaw motorcycle gangs," NSW Drug Squad's Wayne Gordon said today.

Properties raided in NSW were at Dubbo, Wellington, Gilgandra, Sydney and Port Stephens.

Eleven men and two women were arrested and charged with drugs offences. They were to appear in Dubbo Local Court today.

Four men were arrested in SA after nine houses were raided in Adelaide and east of Adelaide.

They were expected to appear in Adelaide Local Court today, charged with drug offences.

If anyone saw this on the news, you would have seen the guns and shit they had!!! HOLY FUCK!!! They could have taken on a small army!!!!

Bikies... they'll do that. Some bikies are awsome blokes....... some arent....... they carry machine guns.....

HOLY FUCK!!! They could have taken on a small army!!!!

A while ago my mum sent me a newspaper clipping from my home town in NZ. Police arrived to bust a local biker club. But they couldn't get through the front fence barricades. The article mentioned that police considered bringing the army in, until one brave officer (the local rifle range champ) arranged to sneak in around dawn with a high powered rifle. He positioned himself on the corner of the fence and waited till someone came out. In direct line of fire, the guy raised his hands. A quick call on the 2 way and the police were in.

Laws were then passed to prevent these fortresses from being built. The newspaper shot was of the cop poised on the fence -obviously re-enacted for the publics' enjoyment :\

Regarding Psychadelic_Paisly's posted story, I guess it was simply a matter of time before interstate gangs would be heavily targeted. All I can say is that at different levels of the club scene, there are factions that operate which virtually no-one - club members or otherwise - get's to hear of. Scrapping off the layer of obvious outfront players won't even get near the real organisers IMO.

At the top level, it's not hard to imagine that it's a very well structured system. Knowing the organisation takes in no one at a high level who hasn't been known by all for years, makes it - like any such group - very hard to penetrate at this level.

Well this isn't anything new, I think we all knew bikies were in on speed and cannabis here in AU lol. For the reported 22million dollar price tag 17 people (who may not all get convicted) is a pretty small arrest lol. You could probably arrest that many people just by going of what I know and most people know on BL lol.

All I can say is that at different levels of the club scene, there are factions that operate which virtually no-one - club members or otherwise - get's to hear of. Scrapping off the layer of obvious outfront players won't even get near the real organisers IMO.

From all the movies I've seen, its always the raving homosexual guy who sits above the distributers in the chain of things ;). I've always wondered where they got that stereotype from?

stace.

The gay community get some very very good drugs, I'm sure there are people here that will agree with me. That's not to say it all comes from them or anything like that but they do tend to get quality product.

^ Nice (if unfounded) speculation. However, in any "organised" crime situation, the key players are protected by a number of cronies, who are the ones that end up in jail, IMO. Every once in a while the police luck out and catch a "ringleader", but as phase_dancer has said, these groups are too well structured (decentralised) for the elimination of a few players to have anything more than a temporary effect.

well just over the last week or so in bendigo (where i live) 15 people have been arrested due to a few things with the main thing being eccies and ice, a lot of them i used to go to school with, and the ones i didnt my older sister did.

great when your parents see the kids you were in school with a few years ago getting locked up for dealing.