Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mixing cocaine and MDMA?

Pipo

Bluelighter
G'day!
This weekend I am planning to have some coke, roughly about 5-7 lines in a period of about 4 hours. Approximately 2 hours after the coke has worn off, i'm thinking of having a couple pills(MDMA). As i am only new to coke, i would just like to know if there are any negative effects or harm in mixing the 2 substances, and if so why? Any advice? (I will be havin the pills a good 1.5-2 hours after the coke has lost its effect)
Thanks!

Well they are both Stimulants and mixing any stimulants can be dangerous in it self!

As LD50vsSSRI said, it could lead to extra dehydration, but waiting a few hours after the coke has finished is a better idea. Some people find that cocaine kills an MDMA peak, so keeping the effects separated should let you enjoy it.

Also, some people find they get grumpy shortly after cocaine, so this may put you in a non-ideal frame of mind for the MDMA. But again, waiting a couple of hours should mostly make this into two separate experiences as far as the mental effects are concerned.

A quick search for cocaine and MDMA should turn up a few previous threads where this combination has been discussed. Also in the Other Drugs forum the topic of cocaine gets a fairly regular airing so that may be another good source of information.

BigTrancer :)

Yeah i found that BT! I used coke for the first time this weekend not a very big amount but i did notice it killed my mdxx peak :( then a horrible comedown effect was produced :( along with intense heat dehydration :(

yeah the one toime ive had cok eafter mdma, it just killed everything. very bad move.

having coke first then a pill after his great however ;)

In my opinion doing the two together is a waste of both. The cocaine kills your peak, but you're still too wasted to properly enjoy the coke.

Coke on the come down ain't bad, but theoretically it'd increase the risk of neurotoxicity, and is thus unadvisable :\

I used to be a bit neutral about coke killing the effects of MDMA, that however was when I was a new user and the smell of a pill would get me off.

These days I would have to agree with the previous poster's, the coke kills the pill. So with me, it is never coke then pill as its a waste, but I still do pill then coke, I just make sure the pill has run its course.

The coke however is never as good if you do take it after MDMA, I suppose there are not too many neurotransmitters left who want to come out and play

I've done it before and and it killed the roll quite quickly and it didn't get me the high I like

kerosika said:
Risk of a heart attack gets quite high.

exactly what is classified as 'quite high'? ie. 1%, 0.01%, 0.0001%? id say without a pre-existing heart condition the risks would still remain quite low, unless you has a stupid amount

Some references for statements presented as fact would be nice...

Same thread posted here

BigTrancer :)

Using cocaine is a heart risk in itself.

Increases in BP and heart rate while on MDMA would up the risk considerably IMO if you follow it closely with coke. 2 old mates have had heart attacks while on coke, and while it dosen't prove anything, one was also rolling at the time.

From Goodman and Gillmans; The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics 6th Ed, paged 307-308

In view of the dangerous potentiative interaction between cocaine and catecholamines, this practice is to be condemned.....

NOTE: MDMA results in the stimulation of endogenous catecholamines; p_d

A moderate dose of cocaine......although blood pressure may finally fall, there is at first a prominent rise in BP due to sympathetically mediated tachycardia and vasoconstriction. A large intravenous dose of cocaine may cause immediate death from heart failure due to a direct TOXIC action on the heart muscle

^ I think what was being referred to is that coke releases catecholamines (dopamine etc) and that when using MDMA, levels of dopamine should not be raised. That's according to the theory - not without debate - that increased dopamine increases toxicity to serotonin neurons.

Thanks alot for the help guys, i've actually decided to leave the coke for another time. This week i will just be rollin high!

Stay Safe.

I had coke after a pill once and it was just a waste of the pill I don't know about haveing the coke before though

Pipo said:
G'day!
This weekend I am planning to have some coke, roughly about 5-7 lines in a period of about 4 hours. Approximately 2 hours after the coke has worn off, i'm thinking of having a couple pills(MDMA). As i am only new to coke, i would just like to know if there are any negative effects or harm in mixing the 2 substances, and if so why? Any advice? (I will be havin the pills a good 1.5-2 hours after the coke has lost its effect)
Thanks!

Buddy buddy buddy, I just mixed mdma with cocaine last w/e... yeh not too bad obviously depending on how pure the coke is and how pure the mdma is! If u get good drugs then i think 5-7 lines and a couple of pills is too much in such a short period of time! Dont be stupid!

Hi there,

I actually did this last thursday night... Has a shit load of alcohol then try coke for the first time, had 1 line and it was fucking Fantastic, After about 3hours i had an MDMA based pill and it totally killed the whole effect. I regret having the pill as it wrecked the Coke feeling :( and i just started feeling normal again.