• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is Meth really that bad

yeah fully. for me anyway. i also take pills when we go out. it just the meth lets u go home after a club, and meet new people, networking if u will. for me anway. its more about going out and meeting people and having fun, and drugs only enhance this. instead of going home at 4am cos ur drunk and need sleep, u can stay up the whole next day with a new group of people. i guess it also depends who the people are. but in my circles at the moment they arent fuked up people but people that are really cool and got it together.

it just seems that in perth anyway. speed isnt as available anymore. everyone has rock these days as there subsitiute for some speed.
thats why i dont know wether this is a good thing.
and im wondering why.
maybe dealers are realsing that its more addictive hence they get more business.
im not sure.
i'd be quite happy to have speed instead of meth. jus someting to keep me awake.

thanks for all ur replies

As Bill Hicks said, "You only ever hear the bad stories about drugs."

Don't be fooled, it is a highly addictive drug, but by like with any drug, use it responsibly and treat it with respect and you'll be fine.

bugger_me, "speed" and "rock/ice" are the same thing methamphetamines. speed is just cut down alot more than rock.

^ Ha ha, I thought you were insulting him until I saw his username ;)

Anyway, you are right, speed in Australia is generally just cut meth, but I have been led to believe that amphetamine sulfate is also available in Perth (i.e. locally manufactured). So both are right.

In any case, having a smaller amount of amphetamine, whether due to it being cut or just having less, will always be a good thing in terms of come downs :)

The problem i find with meth just like any other drug is that it 'burns a hole in your pocket'. Knowing you have some is an excuse to take it.

I started with the w/e rule, but then started having some at work when i was tired. If your strong enough to stick to w/e's good for you.

:)

hehe aunty establishment, what has led u to believe that u can get amphetamine sulfate?

^ I choose to believe ;)

But seriously, it is a very good idea to keep your sleep patterns as regular as normal, if you're making speed use a weekly thing. I've been told that sleep deprivation, in and of itself, is potentially neurotoxic and that's good enough for me :)

yeah sleep deprivation is mad.
after a couple of nights no sleep after drugs worn off. you fully see things and start hearing things.
i know it aint good. but hey its funny at the time.
i found that after a big night out with out sleep and takin shit, the following night, had some caffeine tablets.
got fucked up from those.
the caffeine kept us awake, while our sleep deprivation state gave us that fuked up feeling.

and also.
doenst rock being methamphetamine, have an extra chemical to it than normal street meth (speed)

if it is the same thing as speed just purer.
why would you want speed.
as having less pure stuff, equals more taken of the lesser quality street speed. if u get what i mean.

^^^^ because speed is generally just amphetamine sulphate, whereas ice/rock, as most people like to call it is just crysal methamphetamine.
I have smoked crystal meth and I have also smoked ice. 2 VERY different substances, IMHO, ICE being 4-mar, (do a search).
Ice to me is 4-mar, which i have had.
Crystal to me, is simply crystal methamphetamine.

Please learn to understand the differences between these drugs before referring to all of them as rock or ice.

Methamphetmaine and street meth (as you call it) are both the same, however street meth, I assume can be cut with all kinds of shit.

hmmm
ok.
sorry for my ignorance.
but there is 2 substances to choice from for me
speed which can be brown/pink/white powder flakey substance
or what is called rock
which is clear and in crystal form.

how i am meant to tell wether im geting the stuff with the 4-mar in it.

You will be looking at 2 types of methamphetamine in my opinion. Just different levels of purity. I highly doubt any will be 4-mar.

Methamphetamine comes in a range of states. The most sought after 'rock' to the highly cut and sometimes coloured 'speed'.

To confuse you further normal amphetamine, ie not methamphetamine, is also known as speed. But not nearly as common as methamphetamine on the street. Most tests reveal most found out and about is just different forms of methamphetamine.

I suggest reading My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine! to answer any further questions.

bettyboop said:

But I always said to myself I would only stick to w/end usage too....... I didn't!

*Nods*. I swore I'd never do it apart from weekends but I broke my own rules too. Granted I did have it copiously available at the time, but it was way too tempting to have a bit on a boring Wednesday night, or extend "weekends" from Thursday night to Sunday night. :\

I never lost my job or relationship or anything huge like that, but here's some of the effects *I* noticed over those few months.

* No extra money (didn't spend a cent on anything other than food, rent, bills and drugs... any extra money it was too tempting to think of it in terms of how much drug you could buy)
* Pale skin tone
* Constant black bags under my eyes
* Stomach pains
* Tiredness and "hungover" feeling which lasted until Wednesday
* Lack of concentration at work
* Lack of caring about lack of concentration at work!
* Disgusting taste in my mouth practically all the time
* Gum problems - I got gingivitis, possibly through loss of vitamins
* Mindset: it was scary. It just about took up every thought in my mind... when I was having more, what I could do to justify it, moving money back and forth, scrimping here, saving there.... It became my only "hobby".

Didn't have any lasting impact on my weight, either. Bummer. That would have been ONE good thing, to get skinnier =D But my appetite is failproof.

There were good effects too, of course. My sex drive went up (although this may in fact reverse with chronic use), and I did enjoy it immensely. But it wasn't worth it in the end. I would seriously re-consider using EVERY weekend. It becomes a habit then, however you look at it.

It may not affect you as it did me; but then again it might, and you'll end up having to cut it out completely to gain back any seblence of normality in your life.

To add to SLM's list

* Justifying your actions to your friends but mainly justifying things to yourself.
* Lying to yourself and your friends

It was when I found myself constantly convincing myself of things in order to justify my actions that were just blatent lies that I knew it was time to reassess my usage.

I only ever get on it on the weekend. When you start convinving yourself the weekend starts on thursday and finishes on Tuesday :\

It becomes all to easy to slip into a routine and make it a habit when you and your friends make it the weekly ritual. It becomes way to easy to turn it into a real problem when theres a lot more available than you really need(or should that be want?).

Meth can be a real bitch if you don't keep it on a leash :|

Fry-d- said:

Meth can be a real bitch if you don't keep it on a leash :|

And herein lies the key.
As someone once told me, do the drugs, but don't let the drugs do you. Set the rules, and more importantly stick to them.

Meth is bad, evil even, in my experience. I was hooked for a year on the pipe, averaging 2 grams a day and just destroying myself. I felt like I nearly went insane so many times with paranoia, it was fucked! It took a very cruel blow to make me stop, and I had to move from Perth to really quit.

I will say one thing, when you see a crack/meth/speed/smack junkie in the street or anywhere, looking all fucked up and shit, think a moment on this. When that person first tasted that drug, I'd bet a fairly substantial sum of money that they didn't just sit up and say "Hey, I know! I'm going to become a junkie and throw away everything I currently hold dear to stay fucked up on this drug as much as possible."

It could happen to you. . .no matter how pure your intentions are. . .Please be careful. . .

cheers guys
this first hand info is gold

its hard tho, because when u have so much fun on the weekends with ur mates. you wont to do it again. and u do think about it during the week. well after wed u do after you comedown. and when u do have some money, u think how much drugs u can by with it.

i dont consider myself to have a problem, being that its weekends, but i really find it hard to not go out on a weekend.

this i can see to be the start of problems. and i dont think i can put it down to the meth.
the pills.
even alcohol. all are addictive to me in the fact that i have so much fun going out, it consumes me.

thanks for all ur input guys

meth tolerance is a total bitch, you gotta keep jacking up your doses by heaps and beofre you know it you need at least a point or two to make it worthwhile... :(

the cool energy charged bouncy good feleing fades a biit with regular use too...

meth tolerance is a total bitch, you gotta keep jacking up your doses by heaps and beofre you know it you need at least a point or two to make it worthwhile...
Damn! When I first started, we would put at least a point of ice into each syringe... now days we're shooting 1.5 - 2 points at a time.

You need at LEAST 3 shots for a good night, so that's 6 points of ice to have any fun.

^^^^
Well how much of that is psychological though?

I started out sharing a point with my gf in a night and 18months later we might now be sharing 1.5 points. The lesson I learnt with pills was that once you get to a certain level of fuckedness, then next time you want to get back to that level, so it's only a psuedo-tolerance your building.