Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Waking Life aka The Dream Thread

ResinBrain

Bluelighter
Post your strange dreams here...analysts also wanted

**DigitalDuality's Edit**

Use this to post your dreams.. lucid or regular.. nightmares.. astral projections.. or whatever.

Writing down your dreams greatly helps in remembering little details later on.. and if you get in the habit of writing them down, it becomes easier day to day to remember them after waking. Also, others may be able to provide insight into the meaning behind them by catching something you may have missed.

Jot down whatever you can remember.. setting, people involved, theme of dream, events that happened, feelings felt, things seen, any bit of information you can remember no matter how small. I have found that just jotting down a few details of a dream, if I go back and read it later, I will remember more things that happened.

So I'm going to use this thread as a dream journal of sorts, and encourage others to do the same. We can analyze each others dreams, or just talk about them. Whatever the case may be, this will help to open us up to the workings of our subconscious, and get more in touch with our sleeping (or waking) selves.

==============================================
Hey bluelighters, post your strange dreams!

In my dreams, I sometimes can make objects move. I can be invisible or fly. But my strangest dream occured a few days ago. I was my girlfriend, she was me. We were enjoying making love together and experiencing what it feels like to be the other sex. I'm still kinda puzzled and confused by it. Nevermind I enjoyed it :)

Post your bizarre dreams. Not long stories, I'm interested in what it was about. Explanations are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
the most vivid dream and probably the first dream i actually remembered that happened when i was fairly young.

im not to sure what happened before this part but i think i might have gotten out of a car my familly was in.and it was a dirt road with forest all around and i think it was sunny out.so i think i get out of a white car(it looked like a older cadilac sorta but i dont think it was an actual cadilac just had the same style) iv never seen before and im thinking my familly is inside although i dont recal actually seeing my familly just knowing they were inside.i got out and they start driving away without me, i start running after them and running and running and running but they eventually lose me and im stranded in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road then i wake up.i have no idea why i would dream this or what purpose it has but iv always remembered this dream very well and its been a very long time since i dreamt it.

another dream i had was preaty weird and lasted less than a couple secs in my perception.i was on some kinda old wooden ship and i fall backwards into the water but i somehow see it coming at me then i wake up freaked the fuck out but thought it was preaty cool.

sorry i dont wanna be a hog but this last dream was the oddest i think iv ever had.to cut to the point i was hangin with my long time friend who is really a little bastard but im just to nice to beat his ass up cuz hes sorta pityful in the mind and is an only child so hes a selfish fuck.but anyways in my dream we are walking though some kinda tomatto garden and its kinda dark outside,we were just doing a bunch of illogical dream bullshit like whatever comes into mind but has little importance.so after a while of doing shit i dont remember i start checkin out the tomato plants but then i sudenly fall through the plant and into the soil up to and over my head untill i have no more air to breath,after a couple seconds of not breathing under the dirt i wake up and im not breathing!!!my heart was hurting and i was gasping for air since i wasnt breathing for who knows how long(dream to reality time ratio is different im thinkin)i finally caught my breath and realized i was dreaming and remember very vividly falling through and into the earth.

very weird

i have had variety of strange dreams.

1 dream) i was an office that my mother worked at and i walked to the break room to get a drink of water and out of the corner of my eye i see some old guy with long white hair (if anyone has seen that old horror movie with the old man you know what im talkin bout, possibly phantasm...). well i wouldnt think anything bout it and i would go back to her desk and she would be gone. Id look everywhere for her and id see the guy again. Id follow him and eventually see mom run into a door. Id go in the door and find her and she told me to run, as the guy pounds open the door. My mom would take off and run and i would do the classic runnin like hell but not movin at all lol. i would fight with the guy and monkey flip him away. Then somehow we got in a forest where he attacked me again and i would start yellin in my dream, "It's just a dream, It's a dream.)

Lots of times when i dream i know its a dream and my brain tries to wake me up if im getting overwhelmed.

Anyway, after i would say that he would say "I got you, and its not a dream." I would "wake up" and find a bunch of my friends working out in a gym. One of them brought to my room and decided to have a talk with me. I proceeded to tell him the dream. He was wearing a huge hoodie and was movin his hands when he talked. Well his hood grew out and wider, while his sleeves would stretch and wrap around me. He just started saying, "You're still dreaming."

This happened pretty much as that last one for a couple more times and then I finally was able to wake myself up. I jumped out of my bed and ran to a chair to get ready for the next attack, when my friend looked at me and said dude chill, whats wrong. I then told him the story and after i was done he jumped at me and grabbed me and said i was still dreaming ... i freaked but he stopped and told me he was just joking lol.

I also have a dream, still, about being a vampire. Pretty much like the movie Lost Boys. Each dream was like a chapter. One I learned about em, Two I met one, Three I started hanging with them, Four I got bit and started to become one, Five I was almost a vampire and attempted to learn to fly... which wasnt very successful, Six I became one, Seven I stalked some people and killed them, Eight I attacked a bunch of people at a bonfire. I dont really remember anymore after that.

I have a few more but i think ill wait to mention them. :)

I guess I am a *somewhat* qualified dream analyst, because I've read a TON on the subject. I just find it very interesting. For lack of time to analyze everything that's been written, I'll just say that the best way to look at dreams is as expressions of repressed desires and repressed fears. For example, the "old man" taking away the mother could be the mind worrying about losing an important person and the security provided by that person, whether it be the actual mother or not. A lot of times in dreams there are archetypal "stand-ins" for people, like a mother representing a nuturing, protective person, even if it's a girlfriend/boyfriend, a close companion, or even a teacher that has an important part in your life. Dreaming about being left behind by a family might mean that you feel uncared for, or feel that you are not part of a meaningful social relationship/structure, that you are worried that no one likes you or cares for you. Dreams where you kill people are often just a manifestation of the fact that you are very mad at someone, or the public in general, for holding an opinion you don't like, or for perhaps making you feel threatened or insecure. While a lot of these scenarios are quite drastic, and you might say, "NO, i'm not insecure about things like that," you have to take into account that your subconscious plays a HUGE role in these things. It's quite possible that in a little place in the back of your head you ARE afraid of spiders, or feel like no one loves you, or you worry that you will lose someone important to you. If you really look at what's going on in a dream, and look at the very general message of it all, usually you can link it to something that is stressing you out in life, something that's keeping your attention. I guess that's it for now.... i hope i can write more later.... if anyone wants me to specifically look at something, just ask :) i'd love to help out! And if you think i'm full of shit, then so be it, because a lot of people do think that on this topic! :D

Have a stab at this one, kitty. I've also read extensively on dream interpretation (psych major) and can't figure out this one worth a damn.

I had a recurring dream for years (mostly middle school) about another girl having rough, passionate sex with me in the back of a school bus. No one else is around except the bus driver, who is driving and for some odd reason doesn't seem to notice.

(I identify as heterosexual)

I also used to have recurring dreams as a child about the Scooby-Doo characters assassinating people using a "cancer machine."

I am at a complete loss for what either of those dreams mean, and both started occurring before I had ever used drugs.

(No Freudian interpretations, please)

4/21/01

I was in a mucky area in a forest, like a marsh or swamp. I had willingly cut off my own head. Strangely, I could still breathe and see. I remember playing with my face as I held my head in my hands. My face looked as if it had been dead for awhile, as the eyes were dried up and glossy-looking. I closed my eyelids with my thumbs and dropped my head to the ground. It was rather freaky but I was glad to see it go. I somehow associated loosing my head and face with taking a spiritual path; loosing a certain something that was holding me back before.

Sometime during the dream, I had discovered that dad had joined what I seemed to consider a dark, violent, hate-group -- I got the impression it was `Neo-Nazi.' There was a large trunk he had a lot of things in. Something inside it had something to do with planes. He was a very angry man, very unlike he seems to be in real life. I didn't see much of him in the dream, just an image of him before the trunk and a general knowledge.

As I went around without a head, I found it hard to interact with others. I knew that no girl would ever find me attractive if I had no face, and I was upset to realize that I had this deep and inescapable fear of being lonely. Due to those social concerns, I suppose, I decided to go find my head and put it back on. I did eventually find it in the swamp.

As I put it back on, I suddenly found myself deeply afraid that I would never gain back the ability to use it. I put it on and it fit well, but it was hard to gain control of at first. It had a sort of numb feeling about it (like when your leg has been asleep for a long time, but this was way past the level of feeling of `pricking needles'). I made facial expressions to try to regain control over my features, as if I was trying to `fit back into it' like one tries to wriggle and stretch his fingers when trying to fit his hands into a rubber glove. Though my head didn't seem to tilt or anything, I felt the need to hold it steady with one hand for awhile, for it still felt odd and awkward to have my head back on. My teeth had turned yellow and were rotting. I looked rather sickly, and I still had that scar across my neck where I’d cut my head off. I felt so sad an embarrassed, and wondered why I’d ever cut off my head in the first place.

After awhile, I picked at a layer of skin that began below the scar around my neck. I then slowly pulled at it, and found that it was this dead coat of skin that covered my entire head. I pulled it all off and found that I had new skin beneath it, and the scar around my neck was gone.

With things back to normal, I walked on the front patio of my house. I looked over the front woods of my parent’s house and saw some planes in formation fly out of sight. I also spotted a hovering gas station over the tree tops, and I turned to ask someone just where the hell that had come from.

"Oh, I forgot about that," the person said, "that's been there for awhile."

thats some fucked up shit man,cutting your own head off, hahaha cool read though.

dreams are fucked up

one time i dreamt that iwas in a forest just basically harrasing people that walked by,id pick thick sticks and peg them off untill they would run away.none of that later is compared to whats next.i had to take a piss so i took one, and woke up with a wet sheet:D this was in like grade 4 but i felt preaty stupid pissing on myself:D

Last edited:
recently I dreamt I was in africa chasing ostriches with a flamethrower, next scene I was in front of a judge who asked me why I did it, I answered, "I did it because who else would have thought of doing something like that before?"

Another:

12/26/02

There was an outdoor `celebrity’ party at our house and there were plenty of people scattered about. Out in front of the driveway two of the celebrities, a guy and a girl, were having a very involved, personal, and emotional discussion. The guy looked away from her for a moment and faced the house, trying, it seemed obvious to me, to hide his face. His eyes were reddening and watering and he didn't want to seem weak before a girl he cared for. A short time later, either I or someone else heard movement in the woods, which we immediately figured must be the media trying to nab some pictures of what was supposed to be a private party. I went into the house and told the lawyers, and then my mother, I think. All the lawyers came out with weird Ghostbuster gear on (the proton packs and cheesy laser-guns) worn over their different suits. They went looking around the yard sarcastically. What a gag, I thought. A team of Army-looking security guards with gear appropriate for rioting marched in synch behind them, marching to the left in my field of vision, going around the yard looking for trespassers. Suddenly the lawyers look up and light shines down on their faces and I hear mom say from somewhere in the yard, in a joking fashion, "What, another UFO?"

I look up as I'm walking and I don’t see anything that could be a UFO. I did, however, see two stars that seemed to be moving -- but they seem to be moving in synch. I'm walking as I'm looking up, though, so I figure it's just stars I'm looking at and my eyes are playing tricks on me. I look back down, but then I look up again, there are more stars moving in synch. As I watch, I realize there are a whole bunch of them sprouting up here and there, seemingly randomly, and they're arranged in rows within a circle. I continue walking, and as I’m doing so I look down. When I look back up again the UFO seemed to have descended a bit more -- what first appeared to be stars were now obviously rows of circular lights within circular chambers arranged in a circle. It shone down on us with extreme brilliance: vivid and very, very realistic. As the lights continue to brighten, I’m about to say, "mom, it's the UFO again," but the lights suddenly become painfully brightening. So bright, in fact, that it wakes me up. I’m speeding with adrenaline, and shot up quickly, sitting up in bed. Not seconds later my youngest sister’s alarm starts going off in the room right next to mine. My digital clock reads 3:55 AM.

Hey analysts...I need help with this one.

I keep having this same situation repeat in my dreams. Different dreams with different scenarios but same situation.

I keep dreaming that I am chewing a large amount of gum...like...extremely large. And I start trying to pull it out of my mouth. And I just keep pulling and pulling and all this gum is coming out but it's still there. And I can breathe....I'm not choking. And it like...snaps off in bits. It's really strange. I've been having them for about a year now.

I've searched on google for dream interpretations and I can't find anything about trying to pull gum out of my mouth. What does this meeeeeeeeeean?!?!? :(

mariposa: was this any girl in particular, like someone you knew from school, or just some random made-up dream person? That would make a bit of difference. Could it be that there was a woman in your life that you felt extremely attached to, maybe to the point of desire? The empty school bus could be a reference to the person being from school, or it could be that you feel uneducated about what you are doing - engaging in lesbian activity. Or it could be that you would actually relate the "back of the bus" to somewhere secret where you could engage in secret things (like a secret desire), you know, like in term of the social mystique of the back of the bus - that secret place that only the big kids get to go to and do their secret big kid things. If you take the big kid approach, maybe the dream just means that you were desiring to experience a "big kid" thing like sex, and the female part might have nothing to do with it. If you give me a few more details i might be able to make a bit more sense out of it... ? :) As for the "cancer machine," had someone you looked up to in your life recently done something to betray your sense of morality, or something that was very uncharacteristic of them that hurt your feelings? Something that you were hurt by but wanted to keep secret because you didn't want to let that person know you doubted them, or just didn't want them to know? Your dream took something that was usually "good" and turned it "bad." Or, as for the cancer - maybe someone in your family had fallen ill suddenly? And you felt hurt that it happened to them ("why them?")? If any of this makes sense to you, i guess let me know, and maybe i can ponder it a little longer :)

DJ Kaotik: can you speak in these dreams? If you can't, my guess would be that it means that there's something you want to say, but you can't say it. For whatever reason. No matter how much gum you pull out, it's still in the way, keeping you from getting out whatever it is you need to get out. If you think i'm completely wrong, I have a few other guesses, but this answer seems the most logical and obvious. :) The repeating nature of this dream would make sense then, because any time you would hold your tongue about anything, it could inspire this dream.

Keeping a journal of your dreams (and making note of what was happening at the time during the waking hours) makes it easier to interrupt dreams yourself (but Kitty is very good too!). Dream dictionaries are a good place to get an idea, but not everyone associates the same symbols the same way...
For instance, I dreamed once that my sister and I were in a house with a huge picture window. We could see a tornado coming and were frantically trying to place all pictures of our mother face down before the tornado got to us. Just a few days before that, we did something totally moronic and knew that if mom found out, she'd freak on us. Ever since then, whenever I dream of tornados, I know that my mom is going to freak out about something I've done and now I can head her off before it happens.
Dreams, IMHO, are how we work out everyday annoyances and big annoyances. Its how the subconscious and conscious connect. On the other hand, I also think some whacked out dreams are just that... whacked out dreams that mean nothing... just time to empty the mind of all the garbage and it comes out in a weird dream.
Kitty, I've got one for ya! But I'll post it in a different thread from this one... would love to hear your take on it

Whats your take, Kitty?

When I was about 8 or 9, I had this dream (I always remember dreams that are so vivid in color its unreal). I was standing on clouds, looking at four towers... one was blue, one was green, one was yellow, and one was red. There were no other people, that I know of, there. Just these vividly colored towers soaring above a ground made of clouds. (I even still have the picture I drew of it the next morning). I felt happy and safe there.

Fast forward 20 years.... I'm standing inside a white tower looking out a huge window. The sky is completely dark but a storm is coming. With the first strike of lightning, I see the four towers from my dream when I was younger... red, blue, yellow, and green in the distance. Dark clouds start to form and the lightning intensifies.... I stay at the window and watch for the towers to appear in the lightning strikes. I feel safe and in control in this dream.

Wow... I never wrote about both the dreams at the same time until now.... I see the connection quite clearly... but I'd still like to hear other thoughts and think about it more myself....

dragonsflame: i do think you already know what's going on here. About the colored towers: my guess is that you were simply looking for somewhere safe, somewhere comfortable where you could let your guard down, maybe have some fun. Bright colored towers floating in the sky would be a good choice for an 8-year-old mind. Who doesn't wish they could play in the clouds? :) The white tower dream I think represents your desire to go back to childhood. Maybe from stress - you just want to take a break and go back to your "safe comfy place." Unfortunately though, you're a grownup, stuck in a boring white tower, and your happier childhood refuge is far away, obscured by dark clouds. At the same time you feel safe and strong. You're safe in your new "grownup" tower, and you know that you are a strong adult, you just wish that you could go back for a minute to the carefree days of youth. Two questions though: Have you ever seen Les Miserables, and were you afraid of thunderstorms as a kid? The answers to those questions could add a little depth to my interpretations.... :)

And like dragonsflame said, keeping a dream journal is an EXTREMELY good idea. I'm sure you all know how dreams start fading away the longer and longer you've been awake. If you write everything down you remember right when you wake up, you have a MUCH better chance of remembering specific details, which will help a LOT when you're trying to figure out what it all means. Another good technique is to really actively try to remember all of your dream right as you wake up. I've trained myself to be able to remember every dream I have at night, in full detail. It takes a bit of practice, but it really helps if you want to look at what happened while you're awake. Good luck to those who try!!! :D

_high_life_: if you think your "wetting the bed dream" is bad, listen to mine. I had this dream every once in a while when i was little where I would get up, walk across the hall and go to the bathroom. Like I would actually dream that I walked into the bathroom across from my room, sit down on the toilet, take my piss, flush, and then get back to bed perfectly normally. And then i'd wake up in a puddle.... :p :D At least in yours it wasn't so blatant, and was kind of funny... i had no excuse... :) I remember a few times where I would start having that dream, but I'd realize I was dreaming, so I'd start screaming to myself inside my head, "NOOOOO!!!! YOU'RE GONNA WET THE BED!!! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!!" And if i was lucky, i would wake up, but there were always those times i didn't... yuck... :)

I had a dream that I got an IM on my cellphone and it was Ian Pooley (the DJ) saying thanx. I guess I did something for his sister who I guess is my next door neighbor. He came to visit his sister here in San Diego from Texas. He said He moved from Germany to Texas. I chilled with him and asked him why he doesn't really spin often in California. He told me that he spins with no shirt and that the only city he can spin at is in San Jose. He showed me some of his new tracks and shit but Thats pretty much it. The thing that got to me is that why did I dream of Ian Pooley living in Texas?

Can I get my Dream interpreted?

Thanks Kitty! I've never seen Les Miserables... should I? :)I've never been frightened by thunderstorms... I get a real thrill and energy kick out of them... scares the hell out of my BF when I rush out the door to watch a storm roll in LOL. I did come close to being struck by lightning once when I was a child... before the first dream.... ironically, the house it happened in is the house I'm buying... I'm pretty sure that was the moment I became obsessed with weather, especially the dangerous kind :p
It seemed odd to me that there would be a storm between my towers.... I love them... but the other points you made are pretty much right on target.

I was just wondering if you'd seen it because there's a song called "Castle on a Cloud" that the little girl in it sings. The first line is "I have a castle on a cloud. I like to go there in my sleep." Obvious reference there, eh? :) And even if you love thunderstorms, that doesn't change much about your dream, because all it really is is that there's a thunderstorm obscuring the old towers. You can only see them in lighting, the clouds are in the way. It doesn't have to mean you're afraid of them. One is just in the way of the towers. If you *were* afraid of thunderstorms there might be some added significance, but you're not, so pretty much they're just acting as the barrier between new and old, just because... :)

and: i also fucking LOVE dangerous weather. I watch countless shows on tornadoes and the like. I remember one summer it was like 85 degrees out and this HUGE ass thunderstorm came in. The clouds were only like 15 feet off the ground, and you could see the really small lowest ones blowing at like 40 mph across the sky. It didn't start raining too hard til later, so I sat outside on my lawn watching it with my bf. It kicked fucking ass! I also have the luxury of a giant flagpole in my yard. Makes me worry a bit less about getting hit by lighting... :)

Last edited: