• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

What's Your Favorite *One* Line In A Song?

"Take my money, take my possesions, take my obsessions, I don't need that shit."

--Papa Roach
--Between Angels and Insects

"And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand"

--Goo Goo Dolls
--Iris

I cheated :)

this is really long, but it's delivered as one line:

"I warn you that all knowledge seeming innocent and pure becomes a deadly weapon in the hands of avarice and greed"

--"Colonel Forbin's Ascent," Phish

Sittin in Mangrove valley chasing light beams - Doin That Rag

Copperdome bodhi drip a silver kimono,Like a crazy quilt stargown through a dream night wind.
- China Cat Sunflower

She takes her fan and throws it, in the lion's den. -Terrapin Station

All Grateful Dead
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapons not food, not homes, not shoes Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal I - Bulls On Parade, RATM

Jesus Dont Want Me For A Sunbeam - Nirvana (actually written by someone else I cant remember who)

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs" - Chris Cornell, Soundgarden

And by a foolish whim I'm stricken with desire
to phone you up and tell you of my find. - Between Something & Nothing *OceanBlue*

And now you have no phone and you have no name and you have no number and it comes to the end in the blink of an eye and it makes me wonder - Tears *Chameleons*
"And who's to say if I had the chance
That I'd make the choice to stay" - Something to Say *HaremScarem*8)

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you"

Jeff Buckley

"Mud flowed up into Lump's pijamas, she totally confused all the passing piranhas!" - The Presidents of the U.S.A

lol....legendary

"I've been selected to orbit the planet in a rocket [in a rocket!], i'm going to Mars i've got a message for the poodle in your pocket!"

"Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory downtown"

LOL okay, I promise, no more presidents, i'm sorry!

"the dreams in which i'm dying are the best i've ever had"

- it's originally from a tears for fears song, "mad world" which has been covered by michael andrews (for the donnie darko soundtrack)...

"it's not a habit, it's cool, i feel alive, if you don't have it you're on the other side, i'm not an addict, baby that's a lie"

- i'm not sure if that's cheating. the first part is really the *line* but it doesn't make sense without the context of the second line. either way, i think it's fucking great :)

it's from "not an addict" by k's choice. really powerful song.

"I feel alive now I can breathe again, I call your name my friend, I hold you close, this fire in my soul so run to me again"

- Breeze and Styles - "You're Shining"

Delivered as one line ;)

Hey Onetwothreefour! I just downloaded K's Choice - I'm not an addict.....You are right. REALLY powerful!......Definately interested in this band now!!!! sound really fucking good!
Thnaks for sharing it!

Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion - : Tool