PDA

View Full Version : Dianabol (D-BOL) with drugs and alcohol

k0k0
22-04-2004, 20:31
Are combining D-bol and drugs like cocaine, ecstasy, and alcohol bad for your body? What if I take Liver Formula (milk thistle is one of the ingredients) before and after consuming drugs and alcohol?

DomPow
23-04-2004, 06:09
Yes it is bad for your liver. Decide.. drugs or lifting.

X-File
24-04-2004, 21:46
if you are into cocaine why bother with steroids at all. i agree with DomPow; one lifestyle or the other.

DaDornta
26-04-2004, 00:20
Your already putting a strain on your liver with oral steroid use...adding alchohol or other rec drugs just causes more addition stress. A lifestyle that involves bodybuilding and steroids has no place for a lifestyle that uses rec drugs like coke.

BOOYAMS
26-04-2004, 03:00
DBOL is very toxic on the body and alcohol should be avoided at all times.....Remember that when on DBOL you need to have at least 1gram of protein for every 1.5 lbs of body weight. I would not recc. continuious use of DBOL for more than 28 days.....

BOOYAMS

holla

scope101
26-04-2004, 03:34
Originally posted by BOOYAMS
DBOL is very toxic on the body and alcohol should be avoided at all times.....Remember that when on DBOL you need to have at least 1gram of protein for every 1.5 lbs of body weight. I would not recc. continuious use of DBOL for more than 28 days.....

BOOYAMS

holla

i kinda agree with this...4 weeks is tops for dbol however i like 1.5 g of protien for 1lb bodyweight if trying to gain good quality mass. also a good liver aid should be used when taking dbol or any 17aa oral..such as liv-aid liv-52 and or milk thistle.

DomPow
26-04-2004, 03:55
Yeah, I eat 2 grams ber lb of LBM. Hell... it's not an on cycle or off cycle thing for me, it's everyday.

AznRaver
28-04-2004, 21:30
Originally posted by DomPow
Yes it is bad for your liver. Decide.. drugs or lifting.

For me, i don't see a problem balancing a bodybuilding lifestyle and a drug lifestyle. I've been doing both since 1988. it's all about balance and responsible use.

DomPow
28-04-2004, 22:40
For most bodybuilders it's an all or nothing thing. I don't see the balance here. I'll admit I've definitley had my bouts with drugs, but the effects it has on bodybuilding are immense. I'm in this now to be the best for myself. I'm not going to do anything to hinder that. I'll steer clear of the drugs, you do what you want.

k0k0
29-04-2004, 00:37
"For me, i don't see a problem balancing a bodybuilding lifestyle and a drug lifestyle. I've been doing both since 1988. it's all about balance and responsible use."

That's exactly what I meant, I didn't mean using drugs & alcohol every day, I meant moderate use, maybe like get drunk or roll 2-3 times out of each month or so, I don't think moderate use would have a big impact on the use of oral steroids either.

thanks aznraver

X-File
29-04-2004, 00:53
oral steroids...what a joke!!!

if you aint ready to inject, you aint ready for juice. nuff said, peace

stonerocky
29-04-2004, 01:29
x-file, that is the most arrogant and false statement i have ever read.
booyams, dbol isnt the worst steroid there is on your liver. halotestin certainly is far worse as was a-50. dbol is not as toxic in my opinion as some others that are very harsh on the system. that being said, large amounts of it are not going to be good for system. the milk thistle shit is overhyped i think. i never had a bad blood workup until i started taking that (300mgs per day). after about 2 months my kidney and liver counts were up.
i also agree though that you can do both, responsibly, and not have any negative effects. as long as you put your all into your workouts and maintain strict eating. shit, half the bb'ers i have met or have known are heavy nubain users. which by the way, is one of gods greatest gifts to bodybuilders.

X-File
29-04-2004, 01:50
you obviously are the 'ignorant' one. ask any pro, go to any bodybuilding forums, all the vets will tell you the same.

5alphareductase
29-04-2004, 01:56
Just because you didnt like milk thistle doesnt mean that it doesnt work for most people. If you dont need anti estrogens, does everyone else not need them, of course not. There are many studies on pubmed showing that it does work for many people like

J Clin Gastroenterol. 2003 Oct;37(4):336-9
Silymarin retards the progression of alcohol-induced hepatic fibrosis in baboons.
Lieber CS, Leo MA, Cao Q, Ren C, DeCarli LM.

Int J Cancer. 2002 Oct 10;101(5):461-8.
Silymarin, a naturally occurring polyphenolic antioxidant flavonoid, inhibits azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis in male F344 rats.

Drugs. 2001;61(14):2035-63.
The use of silymarin in the treatment of liver diseases.

Cell Mol Life Sci. 1997 Dec;53(11-12):917-20.
Silibinin, a plant extract with antioxidant and membrane stabilizing properties, protects exocrine pancreas from cyclosporin A toxicity.

Hepatology. 1996 Apr;23(4):749-54.
Inhibition of Kupffer cell functions as an explanation for the hepatoprotective properties of silibinin.

J Hepatol. 1989 Jul;9(1):105-13.
Randomized controlled trial of silymarin treatment in patients with cirrhosis of the liver.

It also has some other protective effects aside from its effects on the liver to.

As for nubain being great for bodybuilders, I guess that is up to each person to decide for themselves. I have used it before and it wasnt anything different for me than morphine. I took 10mg IM and 10mg IV on separate occasions and both times I didnt do shit except watch TV. Maybe some people can function on it, but I cant.

DomPow
29-04-2004, 02:13
Originally posted by stonerocky
half the bb'ers i have met or have known are heavy nubain users. which by the way, is one of gods greatest gifts to bodybuilders.

Well you met the wrong half. I think painkillers, when not necessary, are the biggest cop out ever. The shit is supposed to hurt!

Bain is a good way to get on the road to nowhere. I need another round of addiction like I need a fucking hole in the head. Yes... it's addictive.

Wasn't the idea behind Bluelight harm reduction?

scope101
29-04-2004, 04:00
i kinda agree with the if you arent gonna inject dont bother wasting your time theory...LOL as silly as it may sound it is actually quite true...as far as nubain...it has no business in BB. if you get the right gear it doesnt hurt. only thin g that hurts me is anything with prop due to im sensitive to it as are alot of people which makes that and sust off limitd to me...which i prefer enth. anyways

DomPow
29-04-2004, 06:38
^^^ I'm with you on the injects too.. orals are good for kickstarting an injectable cycle but not as a substitute.

As far as it hurting, I was referring to the workouts. If your gear hurts you so bad you have to take nubain then that's something different altogether.

PS... I fucking LOVE prop :D I couldn't live with out that tren and eq when cutting.

Oh.. and I got some boldenone acetate in the other day. Good stuff (I'm assuming). I almost can't wait to do another cutting cycle.

AznRaver
30-04-2004, 07:27
Originally posted by DomPow
For most bodybuilders it's an all or nothing thing. I don't see the balance here. I'll admit I've definitley had my bouts with drugs, but the effects it has on bodybuilding are immense. I'm in this now to be the best for myself. I'm not going to do anything to hinder that. I'll steer clear of the drugs, you do what you want.

If you are talking about pro bodybuilders who rely on their physiques for livelihood, then i agree to stay away from all drugs(except AAS duh!) and hardcore partying. But for the average joe bb, you can do both and even more. Just live your life to fullest and don't let anything stop you including bodybuilding. i can't imagine giving up any parts of my lifestyle for just one.

stonerocky
30-04-2004, 17:13
actually xfile, i am a vet on a bobybuilding board and i would never discourage anyone just because maybe they werent ready to, or didnt want to, take injectables.

and alpha, i specifically said in my post that it was my opinion and that that is what i thought. i didnt say that it was the way things are for everyone. i gave my experience and my thoughts. but all the studies in the world dont mean jack to me anyway cause if you look hard enough you can find a study that supports or refutes just about anything.

5alphareductase
30-04-2004, 17:22
No disrespect was in the post by me, or meant by me, so dont take it that way. I am just saying that the huge amount of evidence doesnt support what your experience was with milk thistle. Not saying that it didnt happen to you, as you have no reason to lie though. Just because there are conflicting studies doesnt mean that we can just chuck them out, as they are the basis for most of our scientific knowledge. People who ignore studies dont make sense to me, but whatever you want to do is cool.

While you can most likely find conflicting evidence on a lot of things, we look at trends. I am sure there are a few studies on milk thistle that showed that it didnt help people with liver problems, but for every one of those, there are ten that showed that it did help. That is what we have to go by.

stonerocky
30-04-2004, 19:03
i agree with that. i see what you are saying there. i didnt quite get that from the first post so i defended myself a bit. but i see what you mean though. thanks for being cool in your response though. i agree, the scientific stuff is what we basically have to ride out when learning about new things. i do listen to some of them, but i admit that there are times when i go forward even when i hear something bad and just let my own body dtermine what happens. like, i had read and listened to a dozen guys talk abotu insulin use and how it was the greates thing. i trained with a guy who was using it. and he had awesome responses to it. the readings on my home board and on several others that i am sure you have visited as well all said it was good if used properly, yadda yadda yadda. you know what i am saying as far as details go. diet, timing, carb amounts, training volume, protein intake. all of it. so i followed it all. and i got fat, fatter, fatter. i blew up all right. like a balloon. my traning partner, he got abs. i got a pregnancy gut.
i dont always ignore stuff, but i also try to go my own way sometimes too ya know?

X-File
30-04-2004, 19:30
i'll say it again, "if you aint ready to inject, you aint ready to juice."

you perhaps are the only 'vet' to disagree with that.

5alphareductase
30-04-2004, 20:49
I feel you man, we are cool.

stonerocky
30-04-2004, 20:50
we are all entitled to our own opinions. i can respect yours. but there is no need to put VET in quotations. if you dont believe me that is fine. i can tell you what board i am on if you NEED to know. i have been on the board since 2000, basically very shortly after it came about. i think that our niche of people is so small that i wouldnt want to discourage anyone from bettering themselves. the more of us there are the better. not everyone is mentally able to start with the needle. and honestly, there are plenty of times i dont feel like hitting the needle anymore. i have had a few loads of oral only. and i got good results from them.
to each his own my friend, to each his own.

X-File
30-04-2004, 20:54
sorry if i came off arrogant. no disrespect bro. difference of opinions i guess. when i was young i wanted to juice but i didnt want to inject. luckily i wasnt able to find anything because the guy that said he could get gear was talking shit. anyhow i am glad i decided to do injectables and not oral only. but you are right, to each his own.

scope101
30-04-2004, 22:16
dbol only cycles will not produce any gains worht talking about you will get 90% of the weight gain from water which you will lose after you stop taking dbol anyways...plus dbol should only be taking for 4-5 weeks tops so what could you possibly gain in that amount of time without taking something else with it?? dbol only use for me is to kickstart cycles thats it no other purpose for it...well maybe you can use 10mg to bridge in between cycle if you like...some like doing that too so 2 purposes then LOL

stonerocky
30-04-2004, 23:19
i've done the dbol only cycles. heavy use for short periods and have gained some decent muscle. i did lose much water weight when it was done, but i was able to hold anywhere from 4-5 lbs of solid muscle when it was done. i realize that isnt much, but after 10 years every 4-5 lbs counts to me.
i wouldnt do it now as i dont really ever use orals anymore. but when i was in my early 20's i did it a few times. total gain would be like 12-15 lbs and a few weeks after it was done i would still be holdin 4-5 of that.