• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Small money making ideas?

shal

Bluelighter
Hi Fellow BL'ers,

I'm trying to save as much as I can to travel overseas.

I want to find a way in which I can earn some extra cash during the week and weekends. I'm employed full time and work from 7am till 4pm, Monday -Friday. My weekends are free.

I'd like to earn an extra $100.00 to $150.00 a week.

My thoughts so far have been:
  • Start a small cash-in-hand car washing service on the weekends - $10.00 a wash. Advertise flyers in local letter boxes.
  • Visit nightclubs and take digital photos of groups of people. Charge them $4.00 a photo and then email them the photo after the night. This sounded really appealing! I mean for anyone who is trashed $4 is nothing and friends would always do this, but the thing is the club itself! I don't think they would permit it.
  • Start buying and selling something over eBay. IE: Buy wholesale and resell over eBay, but WHAT? - Any ideas?

Is anyone else able to help me find a legitimate business idea/extra money making idea? - I really want to be able to do my own hours when I have time.

shals!

no offence dude, but if it was so easy to make extra money on the side then everyone would be doing it, u just gotta think of something really good

Start buying and selling something over eBay. IE: Buy wholesale and resell over eBay, but WHAT? - Any ideas?

E-Z test. that won't bring you $200/week and probably some unwanted attention, but ebay should be cool with it. on ebay.de they allow N2O bulbs, bongs, salvia, regular drug tests, etc.

you could buy wholesale and sell it for the regular price there.. and think about all the lives you could save ;)

people are probably less paranoid (ebay is "normal") and you could also arrange bank transfer payment and so on. of course i don't know exactly how popular e-z test is, maybe one has to give it a try to see if you can even sell one e-z test in a month. who knows.

shal said:
[*] Start buying and selling something over eBay. IE: Buy wholesale and resell over eBay, but WHAT? - Any ideas?

my friend makes some pretty good bank on second-hand clothing, he hits up all the thrift stores in town and takes his swag home, takes a picture of it and sells it on ebay... says he averages about $11/hr he works.

Re: Re: Small money making ideas?

brothermarcus said:
my friend makes some pretty good bank on second-hand clothing, he hits up all the thrift stores in town and takes his swag home, takes a picture of it and sells it on ebay... says he averages about $11/hr he works.

If I had the motivation and a credit card! :(

Originally posted by mugabe
no offence dude, but if it was so easy to make extra money on the side then everyone would be doing it, u just gotta think of something really good

i think most (well a great many) people are just too damn lazy to get off their butts and actually do it.

Originally posted by shal
Visit nightclubs and take digital photos of groups of people. Charge them $4.00 a photo and then email them the photo after the night. This sounded really appealing! I mean for anyone who is trashed $4 is nothing and friends would always do this, but the thing is the club itself! I don't think they would permit it.

props for making moves but i fear this idea won't go - every nighclub i've ever been in has been extremely strict about not allowing cameras in.

alasdair

I know people that make fairly good money selling books on amazon.com and ebay. Books are a little different (esp the way amazon lists them) because you don't have to worry as much about taking pictures of them, setting up your site, etc. Plus if you sell on amazon, they put the used books right up there next to the new ones. You can hit up yard sales and see what people are giving away, because they are often worth more than they know :)

with taking pictures at a nightclub, you could take the photos and give people a business card with your web address. upload small versions of the photos online and offer prints of them for a cost and/or charge less of a fee for higher resolution copies. i know that people do this already. ive seen advertisments for jobs doing it as well.

Old people around the neighborhood love paying wholesome young lads for doing yardwork. They don't like drug addicts or disrespectful hooligans though.

I made and easy $10/hour for weedeating banks or trimming/cutting brush.

$10 a carwash?! Good god, anyone that falls for that is a moron. You can go through a real car wash for like $3-4 and get a good job done with wax at the end even. Washing neighbors cars for $5 a pop might work though...

Using a polaroid camera and charging maybe $3-4 a picture would work better. What if I don't have an e-mail address, or am too drunk to properly remember it. You sure you gonna send it, or are you just going to take advantage of my drunk ass and take my $4. I don't and can't know for sure. Thus it would be best to be able to take the picture, get the money, and hand them their picture. That way they might loose it over the course of the night and come back for another. ;)

shal said:

Start buying and selling something over eBay. IE: Buy wholesale and resell over eBay, but WHAT? - Any ideas?

You actually can make some good bank on E-bay, but it really does take a lot of motivation/determination to stay with it, especially when it's your primary source of income. My uncle that passed 3 years ago left a massive Hot Wheels collection (10,000+), so that's what I sell 'till I get my truck back.

$10 a carwash?! Good god, anyone that falls for that is a moron. You can go through a real car wash for like $3-4 and get a good job done with wax at the end even. Washing neighbors cars for $5 a pop might work though...

*sigh* we're not all yanks :p $10 is actually a good deal for a hand car wash. BUT SHAL - You can't wash cars! Stage 2 water restrictions, Melbournes Water supply to 48%.

Ebay is a good idea. Thrift shops are a good idea. Trading post is a good idea. I'm not gonna say anymore and walk you through step by step because each idea is custom to me, whereas they won't be for you. Think about something you know, like bikes or computers or electronics or cars or music or art or anything, and move from there :)

A friend and I know a dude who has sold nearly 50 Corolla Radiators as Water Cooling Computer things for $100 each. He gets em at around $15 and than a few bucks to mod them to make them computer coolers. I don't get it, I remember something about water and electricity being a dangerous combination, but he said its the latest thing in computing and that people are loving them! see what I mean? I don't get an ounce of it, and here is some dude selling a car radiator as cooling system for a computer!

Good Luck with the Money Saving Expidition.

oh yeah, i almost forgot - when you REALLY need cash you can always sell your fluids... sperm and plasma, if you're clean, healthy, and somewhat educated they pay allright for it...

you can also hang out at construction sites on your off days and see if they need a daylabourer...

brothermarcus - In Australia they don't pay us for our sperm or blood. Otherwise I'd be w..king it up all the time for cash *laughs*. So would many others I'd imagine.

eBay sounds like an ideal way to make extra cash. I use to sell Pocketmail devices to eBay US. As they were $149AU in Australia and $149US in America, so I could actually undercut American prices by selling them an Australian version which was no different from the American version.

I've tried offering webhosting before, but that failed miserably. Car washing was an idea because it's cheap and easy.

chrissie, Awesome idea! - My only concern is that clubs might not like me using there venues to profit without putting something into there piggie bank as well.

My other thought was selling glow sticks outside nightclub queues. Are glowsticks even popular still? I'd have to research this more, as you can by bulk lots of them off eBay really cheap.

Any more ideas? - Maybe I'll have to consider taking part time work for little extra cash.

Any other ideas are appreciated :D

shals!

All you want is another $100 a week? Go stand on the corner near a busy location for an hour or so a night each week asking for money. You don't even have to lie, just ask for spare change, don't have to say your homeless or whatever.

You could easily make $15 a day for about an hour of work.

7 x 15 = 105

Just focus on making $15 a day every day, it shouldn't be too hard. Also, you could just go up to people and say they can hit you in the face as hard as they want for $50 or something. Just be creative.

^^^^^^ thats fucken cool

over christmas one year we were drunk and needed extra cash to get more booze when we re out at a club so we sang christmas carols to crowds and surprisingly made a bucket load and heaps a fun doing it. no we didnt have a buskers permit though.

The car washing thing sounds like a shitload of hard work.

When I move I'm going to start selling beauty & skincare products on the side for Neutrimetics, moreso as a hobby than anything, but I'll also make a little extra pocket money out of it!

Once I'm confident with the product range, etc, I may even start hosting those silly little make-up & skincare parties at peoples houses during the week.

Kul69 said:
Also, you could just go up to people and say they can hit you in the face as hard as they want for $50 or something. Just be creative.

if you acted annoying enough, and i actually had the money to spend, I would pay $50 to hit you hard in the face...but then you gotta worry about medical bills and stuff if you break something

^ go with a George W Bush mask on and you'll definately get lots of 50 bucks coming in.

Shal, If you know anyone in the building game or alternately anyone who needs a good electrician, Im prepared to offer 5% of the value of any work less material costs that you are able to provide.

Our business is fully licensed including all relevant insurance papers etc.

This could work really well if you personally know someone who needs an electrician.

We have just had to part with the last person we worked for for the past 3 years as he was running out of doe and owes us a motsa.

Its a serious offer mate, if you want to talk further then drop me a PM.

Our business contracts right throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area.