PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam makes you trip!

Pages : [1] 2

raoulduke
16-04-2004, 09:59
Last night i was sober, and had 4mg of lorazepam after which i had major visual hallucinations. I rememered that i once had 2.5-3mg or so of lorazepam in my earlier days and i smoked weed on them and then i got hit with a FULL ON PSYCHEDELIC, PSYCHEDELIC, trip that not even my mushroom trips could have created as strong as it was. I was overtaken with a sharp enhacement of colours and on the street trying to get home from one building to my building literally across the street from each other, me on my bike at nighttime scared as hell cuz i was so high, i pulled my bike to the side because i seen HUGE truck come in the middle of the street when there wasnt no truck. Then when i got inside my house i could see a whole psychedelic mulitcoloured GALACY of little people and little men (lego men changing colors in all the colors of the rainbow and glowing like high digital immages), when closing my eyes i would see myself with an aceien egyptian cat face in a jesus position crucifiction like but warrior like, 'crucified' to a circle that would spin up, down, left, right and change rotations in turn making me nasious, poistioned somewhere in the universe. All the while all this immagery accompanied by a strong psychedelic frutopia. All in all i remember it was way to overwhelming, but not too good, not too bad. This got me thinking after what happend last night, last night without weed, it was much more mellow of course but i would look on my wall at a huge portrait of a black woman thats naked and her legs would move around and her tits would move around, her face, it was like she was alive, i spent about 1 hour watching this lol. Anyways the trip from Lorazepam in my opinion is A MILLION times better than the Ambien or Imovane trip, because of theyre horrible afertaste which lorazepam doesnt have. Im in no means promoting it, its not THAT good, as a matter of fact when taken by itself the trip is kinda similar to Imovane though not even close with regards to aftertaste, head feel (Ambien makes you really confused, Lorazepam at a high does its like the way you think on a high dose of Lorazepam, its undescribable you have all these stange ideas in your head, kind of 'psychedelic like' almost but your not as confused on it, tough still confusion can occur), also the visuals compared one to another are different, Ambien is more..uhm...whats the word i dont know what more else i can say if anyone else can add anything or comment please do, im out for the night. Good night ladies and gentlmen, i love you all, i love you mwwaaaa=D

alostlittlebird
16-04-2004, 11:21
Wow, that's pretty unique to get visual hallucinations from a benzo, and a psychedelic experience... You're the first person I've heard talk about it (although plenty of people say they hallucinate from ambien). Do you get similar effects from other benzos?

Lorazepam always has been my favorite benzo... but I get almost the opposite of your effects. My visual sense gets dull, I feel sort of drunk (dizzy, floaty, slightly euphoric), and instead of being psychedelic it's almost like I don't think at all - as if my mind is taking a break from activity.

You lucky fuck. I guess I love you too.

MattPD
16-04-2004, 11:32
Benzos do ocassionally cause paradoxical reactions like you described.

It's not unheard of, but it is quite rare.

edarrin
16-04-2004, 12:09
8o Wow. Been using them for years and never had that and also work in a psych hospital and have never heard of anyone having that before(adults). I have heard of paradoxal reactions but they are known to occur in children usually.

krysdjcodeine
16-04-2004, 13:10
there's some true in it. lorazepam is my favourite benzo (except klonnies of course) and somteimes, specially after a long break in doing benzos (like couple of months), if i take like 3-5mg of lorazepam i feel a little psychedelic (just for couple of minutes or even seconds), but it's not about hallucinating or visual stuff. i'm talking about some paradox, the first 1-2 hours (before it fucked me to sleep) i feel like i see something in the corner of my eyes (like on the real tripping) like you are facing the sun with closed eyes and then someone stands in front of you and you feel the shadow on your face. also feel someone is in my room but i know i'm alone. it never happened on any other benzo (valium, klonnies, estazolam, or others). i'm in benzos for couple of years, just like the relaxing with them and some brew in the evening. this psyche-thing is very rare. i think lorazepam can cause some little, very little feeling of psychedelic state of mind just for minutes.

Dittohead
16-04-2004, 13:57
Wow never heard of anything like this. Hallucinations from a benzo. Sometimes when Im about to pass out on large doses the world becomes kind of dreamy and noises bother me for some reason(like when everyone around me gets loud I get angry because I want it to be calm). But never any psychedelic feelings. And I experience this reaction with any benzo, especially valiums.

raoulduke
16-04-2004, 14:07
Lorazepam when taken in larger doeses for me, always does it. But no no other benzo except Ambien which does a different thing do that to me, only Ambien/Imovane which is pretty shitty and Lorazepam.

N0THING
16-04-2004, 15:47
Ambien isn't a benzo and it would produce hallucinations for anyone who takes enough and does not go to sleep.

raoulduke
16-04-2004, 15:52
right:D

GrOwThSpUrT
16-04-2004, 15:56
Ambien isn't a benzo and it would produce hallucinations for anyone who takes enough and does not go to sleep.

no it doesn`t, I tried it quite a few times and it did almost nothing for me, the stuff didn`t even get me to sleep. All it did was make me drowsy and one of the times I tried it it made me throw up(I drank a beer before taking ambien)

twominds
16-04-2004, 16:14
With Lozazepam I've never experience those sort of symptoms. Their common with Stillnox(ambien) but not Ativan.

vicodelicious
16-04-2004, 16:35
I used to take lorazepam for my anxiety disorder. It was probably one of the worst benzo's for recreational purposes, but did help with anxiety at 3-4mgs...

Never had hallucinations with it...

Mr Lazy
16-04-2004, 19:05
I actually use to know a benzo addict that would refuse to take Ativan because it would make him hallucinate. Seems not to uncommon.

edarrin
17-04-2004, 02:01
Well I'm a benzo addict and I refuse to take them because they are way to weak for me.

johnnyb4202000
17-04-2004, 05:28
interesting i am currently prescribed ativan 2mg per day and i often double that i have never had any kind of effects like you describe i dont really feel anything at all just makes me sleep easyer maybe i should try 6 mg and see what happens

what was your previous exposure to psychedelics

overall would you say you enjoyed your trip on lorazapam?
thanks for shareing yout story

Chummp
17-04-2004, 05:56
No kidden lorazepam makes you trip! Check my live experience (retarded):

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=1761764#post1761764

I asssure you it was much cooler, but I couldnt exactly express myself verywell.

And I just got a script of Ativan today! Time To Celebrate!

sk8punk151
17-04-2004, 22:27
Well, I barely remember, but a while ago I remember I had about 3mg klonopin, 3 lines yayo, and like 5 shots of vodka and I was hallucinating mad.. At the time I didn't think of the hallucinations of anything because I was so fucked up but the next day it seemed weird because I remembered trippin.. Heh

raoulduke
17-04-2004, 23:07
Overall i guess its not that bad, especially when on weed, it definatley beats the shit out of ambien and gravol.

raoulduke
17-04-2004, 23:18
Oh Chump man, try taking the dose you took, mabye a bit less 3-4mg or so, then smoke some weed and tell me if you can handle that. Ive only done that once and i rememeber it being complete insanity, a comptley chaoitc psychedelic mess. I also remember throwing up on it, but thats another story.

raoulduke
17-04-2004, 23:19
Save up your Lorazepams for special occasions all :D

Chummp
18-04-2004, 03:11
Originally posted by raoulduke
Oh Chump man, try taking the dose you took, mabye a bit less 3-4mg or so, then smoke some weed and tell me if you can handle that. Ive only done that once and i rememeber it being complete insanity, a comptley chaoitc psychedelic mess. I also remember throwing up on it, but thats another story.

HEHE thats sounds awesome! I'll have to try that =D

Yea I really gotta use them sparingly though, I only got about 4mg a week...

Dj_TranceMadness
19-04-2004, 22:38
Please go to Erowid and read about Lorazepam experiences. I was just about to start a thread like this because of the similar experiences in Erowid. DO u think a high dose of ANY benzo would cause it cos no other benzo reports a "hallucinogenic" experience

Dj_TranceMadness
19-04-2004, 22:40
Also, considering the benzo relaxation combined with any possible hallucinogens, would u pick valium or xanax over Lorazepam?

raoulduke
20-04-2004, 04:13
A high dose of just any benzo say valium or xanax doesnt give me hallucinations. The only ones that gave me visuals were Ambien/Imovane and LoraZepam. Lorazepam is better for that. For benzo relaxation id pick xanax, it knocks you right out man, .5mg is sometimes enough to get you sleepy enough to go to sleep, especially when combined with some weed.

raoulduke
20-04-2004, 04:15
Also i dont have much experience with valium but xanax also makes you more euphoric than valium. Though in high doses they both produce the same general effects.

clandenstine
20-04-2004, 06:29
raoulduke PLEASE LEARN TO FREEEKIN EDIT YOUR POST INSTEAD OF MULTIPOSTING, sorry for the caps but DAMN!

i had a script for atti's, i gave them away, i hated them, of course, i was used to taking blue val's, but who cares anyhow, cause ive never had hallucinations on them, it would be interesting to know if this person ever did any true psychedelics, i've found that once you do the best of the drug your wanting to take, like LSD vs. Robotussin.. ROFL... you'll never go back to Robo.. or if you do Kind Bud, to compressed commercial, you dont really wanna go back to commercial.. but whatever,

atti's suck In my opinion, i wish i coulda got some hallucinations on them, that used to be the only thing i would take, was something that would make me "trip" like lsd, mushrooms, or sometimes XTC (molly powder)

StatiK_AKA
20-04-2004, 08:58
I WANNA TRY SOME VERSED DAMMITT!!=D

Skrilla
20-04-2004, 19:12
I think this might be slightly more common than people think - I've certainly seen it happen before, someone totally hallucinating on lorazepam. This girl was staying at my apartment and we both took some lorazepam to come down from taking some uppers earlier in the day. Well, I passed out, and in the morning when I woke up, she was gone.

I found out she had gone outside, and kept seeing people in her car, but couldn't figure out how to get into her car, and the "people" wouldn't get out, and were going to steal her car (according to her) so she started throwing beer bottles at her own car, until the cops came and took her to the psych ward. Fortunately she was too out of it to tell the pigs which apartment she was staying at...

Yep, just from lorazepam...

krysdjcodeine
20-04-2004, 19:40
i think she freaked out, not hallucinate. even on shrooms/lsd i can't imagine how to see that kind of things, i haven't tried pcp or datura but it's closer to her "trippin". maybe too much speed (paranoia etc.):)

Skrilla
20-04-2004, 19:46
^^^ No, she was genuinely hallucinating. We've both done it before and know the difference.

krysdjcodeine
20-04-2004, 20:05
i believe you, dude:) lorazepam also sometimes makes me "feel like trippin" but not actually "trippin". just for some seconds or minutes:) haven't experienced it when on other benzos. as i said i feel that someone is standing in front of me when i close my eyes or see something moving in the corner of my outllok, that's all

Skrilla
20-04-2004, 20:41
Yeah, I've definitely had some CRAAAAAZY nights on Ativan myself... Definitely something strange about that one. It's just not LIKE all the other benzo's...

alostlittlebird
10-05-2004, 08:27
Woah i had to bump this thread.

I took 4mg about an hour ago, and I actually feel like I'm tripping. It's hard to explain, but the world is getting goofy around me. I'm typing, and the letters and shifting and waving and moving all over the place. This shirt hanging up next to me has gradually revealed itself to be a sunflowerheaded golfer, and he's constantly trting to fix his collar or something. All the shadows could be anything, they're sneaking up on me bad and I've had to do about twenty double takes, fuck this is so confusing.

Dj_TranceMadness
11-05-2004, 00:26
U lucky bastards!:D

I'm debating on whether to buy 30 Ambiens or 30 Lorazepams. I sure wanna experiment with Atti's but if it just works like other benzos, it will be a waste of money and foregone Ambien!:P

Ah, might as well give it a shot. Whats the ratio of people who get trippy effects on Ativan versus those who dont anyways?

K'dOUTinAZ
11-05-2004, 01:23
Hallucinations? Benzodiazepines? Not to try and sound like a big balled meat head but I've taken doses up to 10mg of lorazepam and never felt anything similar to a hallucination. I would suppose that the higher the dose, the less the chance though. Only in my dreams...

geetered
11-05-2004, 04:26
maybe you where just halucinating that you was halucinating or some1 dipped it in acid

Im Geetered.

btw just kidding about the acid, i hope 1 of the assholes on here flames me for it so i can show them that they are indeed the dumb ass (rambling is a side effect of my medication pay no attention too it)

Mr Lazy
11-05-2004, 06:20
Yeah Ive taken 10mg doses and not even felt much of anything. :\

Chummp
22-05-2004, 20:49
Originally posted by alostlittlebird
Woah i had to bump this thread.

I took 4mg about an hour ago, and I actually feel like I'm tripping. It's hard to explain, but the world is getting goofy around me. I'm typing, and the letters and shifting and waving and moving all over the place. This shirt hanging up next to me has gradually revealed itself to be a sunflowerheaded golfer, and he's constantly trting to fix his collar or something. All the shadows could be anything, they're sneaking up on me bad and I've had to do about twenty double takes, fuck this is so confusing.

Very smiilar to me, words slid all over the place and the keyboard was laughing so hard every time I tried to type and the reply box turned into a valley of sorts..

yea still sounds nuts..

I just ate 5mg with none of these effects just a slight "disassosiation" type feeling and my barckground is shigtly morphing around my screen but thats it.. pretty dissapointing this round. I also notice my typing is out slightly..

iSeEcOlOrZ
23-05-2004, 00:51
i use benzos alot. theyve never made me hallucinate. but if i take it on a coke comedown, or while im high.... i noticed i have some crazzy dreams.

vicodelicious
23-05-2004, 02:28
I've never heard of benzo's making anyone hallucinate. Closest thing to a benzo that has made me trip was Ambien. Now thats a weird and crazy drug!

crappybones
23-05-2004, 04:23
i have certainly never tripped off benzos having had dozens and dozens of prescrips for different ones, even ativans. one paradoxical thing that happened, only ONCE, was with ambien. i think off 20mg or 30mg cause u get em in 10mg tabs. so anyway i couldnt stop repeating about music attacking and my friends were getting freaked out so they left me alone for awhile. and i ended up passing out somewhere. but no visuals at all

Enlightened
01-06-2004, 03:52
Lorazepam is a great drug. I love benzo's, because they have so many different purposes. I can put them to use in every day living (when i get them) I could not tell you my favorite, but Clonazepam is surely great. I have tripped off a lot of combos in which I can add a benzo to. Have fun with loraze's!

geetered
01-06-2004, 05:43
Originally posted by Enlightened
Lorazepam is a great drug. I love benzo's, because they have so many different purposes. I can put them to use in every day living (when i get them) I could not tell you my favorite, but Clonazepam is surely great. I have tripped off a lot of combos in which I can add a benzo to. Have fun with loraze's!

yeah benzo's have tons of different purposes, I use them mainly for comedowns and boring rainy days with pot and alcohole, great for stress.

lighterbandit
12-04-2006, 23:47
i got some low-grade visuals off 6mg ativan. the CEV were surprisingly good. i remember i drank a lot of grapefruit juice & smoked a ton of weed, & lines of coke. i was on adderall all morning so sleep deprivation also may have been a factor. it was definatly a dream-like trip like ambien where time seems to stand still, but i found the OEV to be much better than ambien or any other benzo/sleeping pill i have tried. still nothing compared to psychedelics tho. i hallucinate in my fucking SLEEP, so itd be kinda dumb to pop a bunch of ativan just to 'trip' because it isnt the same kind of trip. its more like dreaming than tripping, especially since u wont remember it. but just to confirm, i did have visual distortions off of 6mg ativan. be extra careful with all benzos

blase deviant
12-04-2006, 23:54
I WANNA TRY SOME VERSED DAMMITT!!=D

Versed is overrated. It's just like a complete sedation straightjacket, like when you take too much xanax and you're just zombified instead of feeling good.

You just sit there like 'Duh...' and everything's real slow, but I didn't consider it recreational, just... sort of a curiousity. Although I mixed Versed with Klonopin a few times and that made the versed better/was better than either of the two alone... they sorta synergized.

And I thought the general consensus was that Ativan sucked and just made you slur your speech, wobble, and feel drunken if you took too much, but wasn't recreational?

enslavedyouth
14-04-2006, 00:17
ativan's actually my favorite benzo, it gives me sort of a spacey, dreamy high without a blackout, which usually happens (or ends up happening when i redose) when i take enough of other benzos for a high. i guess this could be interpreted as a "trip," no mind expansion or visuals though.

jasoncrest
15-04-2006, 01:25
Hallucinations? Benzodiazepines? Not to try and sound like a big balled meat head but I've taken doses up to 10mg of lorazepam and never felt anything similar to a hallucination. I would suppose that the higher the dose, the less the chance though. Only in my dreams...

I've taken up to 25mg Lorazepam (10x2,5mg pills), and never had the slightest hallucination...

ttocs
15-04-2006, 01:46
Yeah, I think the people that say they are hallucination from Lorazepam either are taking LSD instead of Lorazepam and confusing the two or something. Lorazepam won't make you hallucinate, that is utter bullocks. LOL some funny people on this forum.

cenoxx
19-04-2006, 19:23
(^ ttocs, Everyone's reactions are different, especially when it comes to benzos. You cant simply judge.)

Ive got some weird visuals too when my eyes are closed while on lotta lora's. Though I'd say its more like a delirium or dreaming while awake.
Not just once but a lot of times, especially when i had some drinks.

Idi0tequ3
19-04-2006, 21:40
Wow, that's pretty unique to get visual hallucinations from a benzo, and a psychedelic experience... You're the first person I've heard talk about it (although plenty of people say they hallucinate from ambien). Do you get similar effects from other benzos?

Lorazepam always has been my favorite benzo... but I get almost the opposite of your effects. My visual sense gets dull, I feel sort of drunk (dizzy, floaty, slightly euphoric), and instead of being psychedelic it's almost like I don't think at all - as if my mind is taking a break from activity.

You lucky fuck. I guess I love you too.

wait is ambien an benzo? i thoght it was jsut a sleep aid