• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lorazepam makes you trip!

raoulduke

Bluelighter
Last night i was sober, and had 4mg of lorazepam after which i had major visual hallucinations. I rememered that i once had 2.5-3mg or so of lorazepam in my earlier days and i smoked weed on them and then i got hit with a FULL ON PSYCHEDELIC, PSYCHEDELIC, trip that not even my mushroom trips could have created as strong as it was. I was overtaken with a sharp enhacement of colours and on the street trying to get home from one building to my building literally across the street from each other, me on my bike at nighttime scared as hell cuz i was so high, i pulled my bike to the side because i seen HUGE truck come in the middle of the street when there wasnt no truck. Then when i got inside my house i could see a whole psychedelic mulitcoloured GALACY of little people and little men (lego men changing colors in all the colors of the rainbow and glowing like high digital immages), when closing my eyes i would see myself with an aceien egyptian cat face in a jesus position crucifiction like but warrior like, 'crucified' to a circle that would spin up, down, left, right and change rotations in turn making me nasious, poistioned somewhere in the universe. All the while all this immagery accompanied by a strong psychedelic frutopia. All in all i remember it was way to overwhelming, but not too good, not too bad. This got me thinking after what happend last night, last night without weed, it was much more mellow of course but i would look on my wall at a huge portrait of a black woman thats naked and her legs would move around and her tits would move around, her face, it was like she was alive, i spent about 1 hour watching this lol. Anyways the trip from Lorazepam in my opinion is A MILLION times better than the Ambien or Imovane trip, because of theyre horrible afertaste which lorazepam doesnt have. Im in no means promoting it, its not THAT good, as a matter of fact when taken by itself the trip is kinda similar to Imovane though not even close with regards to aftertaste, head feel (Ambien makes you really confused, Lorazepam at a high does its like the way you think on a high dose of Lorazepam, its undescribable you have all these stange ideas in your head, kind of 'psychedelic like' almost but your not as confused on it, tough still confusion can occur), also the visuals compared one to another are different, Ambien is more..uhm...whats the word i dont know what more else i can say if anyone else can add anything or comment please do, im out for the night. Good night ladies and gentlmen, i love you all, i love you mwwaaaa=D

Wow, that's pretty unique to get visual hallucinations from a benzo, and a psychedelic experience... You're the first person I've heard talk about it (although plenty of people say they hallucinate from ambien). Do you get similar effects from other benzos?

Lorazepam always has been my favorite benzo... but I get almost the opposite of your effects. My visual sense gets dull, I feel sort of drunk (dizzy, floaty, slightly euphoric), and instead of being psychedelic it's almost like I don't think at all - as if my mind is taking a break from activity.

You lucky fuck. I guess I love you too.

Benzos do ocassionally cause paradoxical reactions like you described.

It's not unheard of, but it is quite rare.

8o Wow. Been using them for years and never had that and also work in a psych hospital and have never heard of anyone having that before(adults). I have heard of paradoxal reactions but they are known to occur in children usually.

there's some true in it. lorazepam is my favourite benzo (except klonnies of course) and somteimes, specially after a long break in doing benzos (like couple of months), if i take like 3-5mg of lorazepam i feel a little psychedelic (just for couple of minutes or even seconds), but it's not about hallucinating or visual stuff. i'm talking about some paradox, the first 1-2 hours (before it fucked me to sleep) i feel like i see something in the corner of my eyes (like on the real tripping) like you are facing the sun with closed eyes and then someone stands in front of you and you feel the shadow on your face. also feel someone is in my room but i know i'm alone. it never happened on any other benzo (valium, klonnies, estazolam, or others). i'm in benzos for couple of years, just like the relaxing with them and some brew in the evening. this psyche-thing is very rare. i think lorazepam can cause some little, very little feeling of psychedelic state of mind just for minutes.

Wow never heard of anything like this. Hallucinations from a benzo. Sometimes when Im about to pass out on large doses the world becomes kind of dreamy and noises bother me for some reason(like when everyone around me gets loud I get angry because I want it to be calm). But never any psychedelic feelings. And I experience this reaction with any benzo, especially valiums.

Lorazepam when taken in larger doeses for me, always does it. But no no other benzo except Ambien which does a different thing do that to me, only Ambien/Imovane which is pretty shitty and Lorazepam.

Ambien isn't a benzo and it would produce hallucinations for anyone who takes enough and does not go to sleep.

Ambien isn't a benzo and it would produce hallucinations for anyone who takes enough and does not go to sleep.

no it doesn`t, I tried it quite a few times and it did almost nothing for me, the stuff didn`t even get me to sleep. All it did was make me drowsy and one of the times I tried it it made me throw up(I drank a beer before taking ambien)

With Lozazepam I've never experience those sort of symptoms. Their common with Stillnox(ambien) but not Ativan.

I used to take lorazepam for my anxiety disorder. It was probably one of the worst benzo's for recreational purposes, but did help with anxiety at 3-4mgs...

Never had hallucinations with it...

I actually use to know a benzo addict that would refuse to take Ativan because it would make him hallucinate. Seems not to uncommon.

Well I'm a benzo addict and I refuse to take them because they are way to weak for me.

interesting i am currently prescribed ativan 2mg per day and i often double that i have never had any kind of effects like you describe i dont really feel anything at all just makes me sleep easyer maybe i should try 6 mg and see what happens

what was your previous exposure to psychedelics

overall would you say you enjoyed your trip on lorazapam?
thanks for shareing yout story

Well, I barely remember, but a while ago I remember I had about 3mg klonopin, 3 lines yayo, and like 5 shots of vodka and I was hallucinating mad.. At the time I didn't think of the hallucinations of anything because I was so fucked up but the next day it seemed weird because I remembered trippin.. Heh

Overall i guess its not that bad, especially when on weed, it definatley beats the shit out of ambien and gravol.

Oh Chump man, try taking the dose you took, mabye a bit less 3-4mg or so, then smoke some weed and tell me if you can handle that. Ive only done that once and i rememeber it being complete insanity, a comptley chaoitc psychedelic mess. I also remember throwing up on it, but thats another story.