• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need Help

WerdUp

Bluelighter
Over the past couple months my Oxy usage has really gone up. I recently decided that I need to take a break (month or better) or quit all together. The 20 mg every other day uasage I had, has recently turned into 80mg to 120mg every day with a few breaks (every third day or so).

So last week I started to try and break myself away from this drug. It has started to cost too much money, I have been hiding my useing from my wife even. I WANT TO QUIT but it is so hard. I got weak and used after 3 days off.

I have started getting depression problems, sleep problems, not to mention the withdrawl factor, along with a brain that wont stop thinking about it. What can I do to help the physical side? What can I do to help the mental side? Should I use a tapor off system for the opiates. I have access to Vicodin and Oxy to do this. What other things can I do to help?How long do this last, I know my life is good but I cant stop thinking that it is worthless as am I?

Right now I am trying to get some Xanax to help the depression and sleep problems. But it is really hard to find for me, dont know why.
I also have Flexiril and Skelaxin to help a bit for the withdrawl problems and to help sleep. What other things help.

I also can get Xidon? sounds like Zi- don? I could not find it via rxlist.com? Ever heard of it? What other sites are out there to look this stuff up?

What started out as fun has become a problem.

Thanks for your help.
:)

location removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only had to kick twice in my life, and both times I went cold turkey. Never used PhreeX's guide, but it looks helpful.

Please help with some of my q's guys I am having a serious mental breakdown.

How long does the depression last? What can I do to lessen it. If I cant get xanax what else can help, please name some other benzo's or anitdepresssiants.

Thanks again

Deal with it. You did it to yourself, now cope. Quite often using other chemicals becomes a habitual thing, just look at most anti-depressants. Most people that take them don't feel better until they STOP taking them!

please name some other benzo's or anitdepresssiants.

Don't go with antidepressants - other benzo's that might help:

lorazepam (Ativan), clonazepam (Klonopin), diazepam (Valium), basically anything that ends in "zepam", and some others.

Good meds to use for detox:

Blood pressure regulators, calms you down
Clonadine/Catapress - Regulates Blood Pressure
There is a new one thats out I forget the name something like tileta..something, I forget

Stomach Meds
compazine - helps with stomach discomfort (mild Tranq)
Phenagren - helps with stomach discomfort

Benzos a necessity, helps with anxiety and muscle spasms aches
Xanax - quick relief
Klonapin - long lasting, helps well with muscle spasms
Ativan - hey it helps
Halcion - immediate relief (stronger than xanax)
Librium (long half life)
Valium - Most common benzo used for detox, klonapin a close second
Rohypnol - strong, long lasting, helps to knock you out

Nuerotin - some say it helps, benzo like qualities

Sleep Aids: - definitely needed
Doriden
Ambien
Trazadone
Seroquel, Xprexa (sp?, I dont feel like looking up the correct spelling), or even Rispedal or Thorazine
or if you have a nice doctor, Xyrem

Muscle relaxers: - they help when used in a opiate detox cocktail
Soma, Xanaflex, Flexeril, etc.

Anti-depressants are worthless in the beginning stages of opiate withdrawl.

Accupuncture is also very helpful in relieving w/d symptoms, check it out, some upscale residential programs are now including this in there treatment plans.

Hot tubing or hot showers/baths are beneficial also, it helps the meds to kick in quicker if you take them and than steam your self in a hot bath. Sauna's work to helps you to sweat the drugs out quicker (I have heard that in conjunction with Niacin works even better)

You wont be eating much so... Soup is a good thing, Jello, and I always vouch for Ensure (the old folks drink), its loaded with vitamins and minerals that your body needs when your strung out and kicking.

Rent some movies, and kick it on the couch for a few days, and try not to dry heave green pile till your screaming in pain because that shit sucks...

Than after 1-2 weeks when your body *starts* to return to normal, physical activity is key, exercise.

Im sure I am forgetting a few things but my memory is hazy lately.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

You people and your damn pills... I never take a pharm for anything, herbs work just as well...!

If you want some help, try drinking tea. Tension Tamer tea, by Celestial Seasonings (especially the stuff that has kava in it) is a good start.

Take a multi-vitamin daily, and I don't mean Centrum. Look up a good multi-vitamin that is vegetable-based. The pills are bigger, you need about three of them, and they don't taste very good, but they work the best.

Try meditating, if you want resources on it, send me a PM and I'll link you to some places, its not terribly hard to do and can be downright fun (especially when you trance out and leave your body)! There are a number of things that you can do to help yourself, and 5-HTP, St. John's Wort, Kava, and Salvia, can all help with depression, to varying degrees.

unfortunately, no matter what you do it will still be difficult. since you have access to vicodin, i would use that to taper down. follow phreex's guide... the immodium will be a lifesaver. if you can get benzos they are a godsend as well. the hardest part is going to be resisting temptation. your cravings will last long after the physical withdrawl has ended. maybe talk to your wife and tell her what has been going on and that you are really going to be struggling to stop using. i'm sure her support would be very helpful. if you don't think you can tell her, you're going to need to say you have the flu because it will be obvious to her that you are sick. good luck and take care.

Thanks alot guys.

So I should expect to have some problems for a period of a week? IS that right or longer?

Gosh I wish I could get some benzo's, they sound nice. For some reason all of my feelers cant come up with any. Kind of weird.

Without the benzo's i figure it will just be harder to get through, but it would be nice.

Thanks guys, will give you an update later.

If you have any junkie friends they should be able to help you score some benzos. You're in Portland (OR), eh? I love that town...anyway, tapering w/ the hydrocodone is a good idea to make the physical withdrawls less troublesome (and easier to hide). Just as long as you keep using it to taper down, and be able to keep yourself from switching into "buzz copping" mode w/ them...:\

Be prepared for the mental craving(s) part to FAR outlast any physical dependance issues. Some say the cravings never really go totally away (once you're in so deep). That they're a lifetime issue that you'll need to keep in check for a long time afterwards. Your mind will "beg" you ("only one more time", or "maybe I can handle it once a month", etc...) with myriad justifications and rationalizations, but you must have a will of steel and resist.
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the mental part (IMO anyway...) is THE hardest part of quitting, and will go on, and on, and on...ad nauseum, for a while. Good luck, brother, and find some people that you like that are trying to quit opiates too, as being able to talk to them about issues, cravings, etc., will help you out a lot in your struggle to stay clean, once you are.
Once again, good luck, and if you need someone to talk to (whenever), feel free to PM or email me. :)

I told my wife yesterday and she took it well. She is being my rock and would suffice, I would just like to talk to people who have had this problem.

^ location removed cuz it sounds like you're asking for hookups ;)

Sorry about that, was not trying to get resources.

Last Q guys.
How long does the depresion last? It is the hardest thing right now.

The depression can drag on for months if you keep thinking about the drug. You have to find something to replace this void, try your WIFE.

Good question...

1 week to 6 months depending on how you deal with it. Maybe visit a doctor and explain your situation and they can provide you with meds benzos that are extremely helpful in detox situations. Thats what docotors are there for... (to help)

can someone be this retarded????

all the things you want to take INSTEAD of the oxy's, are worse then the oxy's,,,

TRY METHADONE

get in a clinic...

most of all, the depression?

who isnt depressed?
deal with it.
dont sound like depression to me, sounds like you whining cause u aint got drugs.

smoke a fucking joint and shut the fuck up...

eat cheese to stop up the shits you dumbfuck.