Ephedrine advice? How bad is it?

Narcosis

Bluelighter
I have taken ephedrine before and I liked its effects. However, upon recent research the FDA warns people of the chances of stroke, heartattack, etc. Is the drug really that dangerous, or is this just more FDA blowing things out of proportion.
I already checked Erowid's info too
[This message has been edited by Narcosis (edited 22 November 1999).]

Hey. From what I've found, moderation is key with ephedrine (as it is with everything else
smile.gif
). Almost every time I've done more than 75 mg I get paranoid and I feel like my heart's gonna smash it's way out of my chest. I guess my advice would be to not make it a habit, because it can be VERY hard on the heart, much more than speed or meth. Hope this helped
smile.gif

Dave.

Ephedra is legal in Holland (and the US I think) so it can't be all that dangerous.
It sounds like sensible doseage and moderation are the key.
Jase

Ephedrine and ephedra are common in many bodybuilding and thermogenic (fat burning) supplements. They are widely used and many people take these without even knowing that ephedra, caffiene, ma huang and other stimulants are in it. I've stacked 200mg caffiene and 75mg ephedra with asprin before (fat burning stack) 3 times a day for up to 3 weeks before. The worst effect I felt was when I came down...the comedowns are pretty hardcore. Unless you're a lethargic slob, you should be alright taking ephedra or ephedrine. Last friday I took 4 NoDoze with my beans (no speed in the beans). I was alright, didn't feel any heart strain. I camedown really hard but it was ok. I also workout 4-5 times per week and do cardio 2-3. My heart's in great shape so I feel I can do that kinda thing. Anyway, like others said, "Moderation is the key". Just be careful.
PLUR
DJ Maurer

there is no need to take more than 25 mg of ephedrine at a time!!! take one caffeine pill- 200 mg, with 20 or 25mg of ephedrine and you will be wired. Any more and you Will feel like shit. the caffeine and the ephedrine work synergistically, and will work better than either of the two alone. It works by stimulating the release of catecholamines (adrenaline and noradrenaline), thereby creating the 'fight or flight' response. This causes an increase in body temp. and an increase in blood pressure. Ephedrine IS safe at reasonable dosages (under 50 mg), but there have been instances of strokes in people who have taken high dosages. Again, I reiterate- there is no need to take more thamn 25 mg. You can either buy the ephedrine and caffeine separately, or you can buy something like Diet Fuel or Ripped fuel which has the herbal equivalent of the two.
I hope this helps!