PDA

View Full Version : (television) Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pages : [1] 2 3

lorenzosoil
08-03-2004, 20:48
Well, it seems the new season started in January. Now I hear they only have two episodes left, the last one being an hr long, how can this be? Are HBO series not as long as network series? I'm kinda pissed...its about the only good thing on tv anymore. I also watch Real Time with Bill Maher, but thats pretty much it! someone please explain this to me.

twominds
10-03-2004, 12:10
I think 'Curb' is the greatest show on tv. Here in Aust. they played the first seaon at midnight or later on Monday nights then cancelled it. Despite being a success in the US the ABS didn't continue to show it. I've had to download each episode as its played in America. Larry David is a comedic genius.

larry
10-03-2004, 20:45
Yeah Im a huge Seinfeld fan, I love the entire show and anything Larry David touches is golden. At least so far anyways...I'm sure hes capable of fuckign up, is human. But a comedic genius. yes

uglycasanova
22-03-2004, 23:53
It seems the HBO seasons vary depending on the demands of the folks making the show. With Sex and the City, one of the seasons was really short because SJ Parker was pregnant. Then there's the Sopranos, which started wicked late this season because of Gandolfini's contract disputes. Maybe Larry David had other things to pursue, making this season shorter....who knows. Still, every episode will make you laugh. I think this season is the best one yet. Larry in The Producers during that final episode was brilliant, simply brilliant.

LapDawg
23-03-2004, 00:07
^^^yeah I really enjoyed this season, esp. the marijuana episode.

honEbee
23-03-2004, 19:29
The whole thing about him molesting the dog was pretty funny too. :)

Mystic Styles
02-06-2004, 04:21
I saw this for the first time about a month ago. Since then I have seen damn near every episode.
I absolutley adore this show!
I'm glad it's not crack, cause I'm completely addicted.

Billy Orange
02-06-2004, 10:45
great show, cop it on dvd, the episode with crazy eyed killa is my personal fav. "larry, what the fuck, i mean what the fuck, what the fuck"

Mystic Styles
02-06-2004, 21:05
I love how he called information to ask for Crazy Eye Killa's number, haha

Pounding_Grooves
03-06-2004, 02:18
season 2 dvd out june 15th =D

Mystic Styles
04-06-2004, 03:40
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/01/ballparkalibi.ap/index.html
Guy cleared of murder thanks to Curb Your Enthusiam. (And that one just happens to be my absolute favorite episode that they are talking about)

Pharcyde
04-06-2004, 05:04
2 words: Love it =D

cravNbeets
05-06-2004, 08:34
^^two words

Beloved CUNT

:D

that show is fucking classic

Mystic Styles
05-06-2004, 19:59
I finished watching evey episode. I think I 'm gonna have Curb your Enthusiam withdrawls, haha.
Can't wait till July for the next season!!!

Finder
06-06-2004, 13:22
Someone get a sponge.

Pounding_Grooves
11-01-2005, 10:13
BUMP for the season 3 dvd out 18 january. worth buying just for the " crazy eyez killah" episode alone =D

Finder
11-01-2005, 11:56
Season three is my favorite of the series. :D

"COCK! COCK! JIZZM! GRANDMA!"

Droop
25-02-2005, 21:26
"Who brings a sheet to a hotel, and what's that? There's a hole there?"
Larry has that Will Ferrell persona where you just laugh watching him walk around.

QLineHookups
25-02-2005, 21:32
Larry David is a comedic genius in my opinion. I also love the episode where Larry goes to the baseball game with the hooker and buys marijuana off of her. :) Can't wait until season 5.

AmorRoark
25-02-2005, 22:06
Curb is absolutely my favorite show. It sucks that I don't have HBO in Chicago, so I have to wait to watch the episodes when they come out on DVD. I have seasons 1 & 2... does anyone want ot buy me 3? :)

J2012B
26-02-2005, 02:28
which HBO are the new episodes on, Comedy?

i get Curbed at 5:30, 7:30, and 9:30 usually, only on HBO Comedy ... didnt realize there are new ones

Looper
03-03-2005, 00:49
Originally posted by Billy Orange
great show, cop it on dvd, the episode with crazy eyed killa is my personal fav. "larry, what the fuck, i mean what the fuck, what the fuck"

Oh man, I downloaded that episode after you guys talking about it... that's one of the funniest episodes of it I've ever seen.

Can people recommend more individual episodes? I want more!

Finder
03-03-2005, 01:29
The "Grand Opening" episode from season three is top notch. Honestly, I haven't found a bad episode out of all four seasons. The sponge cake episode is really good too...I believe its titled "the Nanny From Hell".

"It's like eating a delicious sponge!"

suburbanight
05-03-2005, 04:48
I completey agree. "Grand Opening" had me pissing my pants! Larry David is hilarious in that. He finally got to do somthing special for someone ahahahahhaahha....

chokingvictim
08-03-2005, 20:43
"Why don't you go buy yourself 10 apple turnovers?"

"I did! I did buy myself 10 apple turnovers, and somebody stole them!"

I finally rented the dvd's for the entire first season, and I love it. My parents were the ones who got me hooked on Seinfeld, and my mom loved the show (Curb your enthusiasm) except for the fact that she's really religious so the swearing bothered her in some episodes. But I love the show, and I think almost anyone who enjoyed Seinfeld should love this show as well.
I can't believe I just now discovered this show :)

Sideways_Falling
24-05-2005, 08:11
"the carpool lane" is fucking hilarious larry david his father and a hooker getting high.... classic!!!

1_2_3_4_5_against_1
25-05-2005, 13:05
i concur with everyone.....curb your enythusiasm rocks!!!!

The fly on the wall style and the abrasive humour is great....he sure knows how to send himself up :D

Sideways_Falling
27-05-2005, 10:56
I hope they don't run out of ideas for episodes like they did with seinfeld. I guess as long as they can put larry in the most ackward, offending, and hilarious situations they'll still have a show.

I loved when larry confronted the weather man I mean meteroligist, claiming that he predicts rain so that he can have the golf course to himself. all this and larry's hobbling around with a cain from falling into the toliet because he urinates sitting down!!! Love this show!!!

1_2_3_4_5_against_1
30-05-2005, 06:57
The episode(s) where he has the pubic hair stuck in the back of his throat is priceless!

Sideways_Falling
30-05-2005, 09:02
^ HA! I loved that bit in the 3rd season!

anarky
30-05-2005, 12:23
Him telling the waiter who works in his restaurant that he tipped him twice was also golden =D.

Billy Orange
01-06-2005, 10:36
JUDY !!! JUDY !!!!!!!

(sorry i couldn't resist) unlockable bathroom door eps.

TopRocka
05-06-2005, 21:52
Great show.

The Season 3 Ep.'s with Ben Stiller were great. Especially loved how they covered the whole trying to unlock a car door as someone is trying to open it, as well as person A driving car while person B sits back.

I watched most of Season 3 consecutively on a friends' On Demand. I'm fucking hooked. :D

Finder
05-06-2005, 22:33
^That's Season 4, champ. ;)

I'm waiting for Season 5 to come out. WTF is the delay?

DarthMom
04-08-2005, 19:44
YOu knwo, I hated Seinfeld. Didn't like any of the characters, though I understand why it was so loved. But this show, it is just ADDICTING. I discovered it on my new digital cable box, that HBO on demand thing. You just can't stop watching. *runs off to watch some more*

Sideways_Falling
04-08-2005, 21:54
Originally posted by DarthMom
that HBO on demand thing.

That on demand thing is all I watch!

Mystic Styles
04-08-2005, 21:55
I love this show. I have all four seasons of it. Has season 5 really not started? I don't have HBO.

AmorRoark
04-08-2005, 22:07
OMG. Does anyone know how much one of those time warner remotes are? Because somehow my family fucking lost ours. We've been paying for this expensive on-demand cable without being able to watch it for about a year. UGH! I just need to go get one.

Tanuki_23
06-08-2005, 21:44
One of my favorite shows for sure. And his wife is so hot to me . . . what's her name. Seriously Id do anything to bone her, or if I was older, Id even marry her. But just that character she plays, the way she handles Larry David and puts up with all his bullshit, God, she is hot.

AmorRoark
06-08-2005, 22:20
^ Cheryl Hines is her name.. and she's fucking hillarious. I caught her on Reno 911 once as a trailer park hoe. It was awesome. :D

Tanuki_23
07-08-2005, 06:31
^Thanks . .. but you prob shouldn't of told me. Im gonna stalk her now . . . sigh.

paradoxcycle
28-09-2005, 23:01
Originally posted by Finder
The "Grand Opening" episode from season three is top notch. Honestly, I haven't found a bad episode out of all four seasons. The sponge cake episode is really good too...I believe its titled "the Nanny From Hell".

"It's like eating a delicious sponge!"

LOL, I'm just imagining him shoving the cake in his mouth and the look on his wife's face: "Oh Jeffery..."

Finder
28-09-2005, 23:28
^"He's already fat enough, Larry. Do you want him to fucking explode?" :D

I thought episode one of the new season was good. We'll see if it can get better. Meanwhile, who wants a Larry David? It's got whitefish, sable, capers, cream cheese, and onions. Delicious. ;)

AmorRoark
29-09-2005, 10:59
I liked the first episode. I'm not a big fan of Larry's dad but I enjoyed the incident in Temple. :)

CYE and Extras line-up looks to be a Sunday night staple here!

paradoxcycle
29-09-2005, 18:42
Originally posted by Finder
^"He's already fat enough, Larry. Do you want him to fucking explode?" :D

Everything Susie Greene says is hilarious. Mainly "you fat fuck". I love it.

My two ABSOLUTE favorite quotes:

Larry: Nice house.
Susie: Yeah, come on. I'll give you a tour.
Larry: Naw, it's ok.
Susie: No, come on.
Larry: No, it's ok. I-I get it.
Susie: You get it?
Larry: Yeah, it's a house. It's new. I get it. It's nice.
Susie: You get it? Ok, you know what? Get the fuck out of my house, Larry.

[Larry has realized he made a bad joke about Wanda's (Sykes) butt]
Larry: Ok, Wanda...
Wanda: Oh, you know who I am, ok. I thought I would have to turn around and show you my big ass.
Larry: OK, you completely misinterpreted that...
Wanda: How am I supposed to interpret it? You shouted out 'Hey, Big Ass Wanda'.
Larry: I didn't say big ass, I was just saying hello.
Wanda: Is that how you say hello?
Larry: Uh, well...
Wanda: 'Hey big ass' or 'Hey assy' or 'Hey I know your ass'. What is that? That's not how you say hello.
Larry: Perhaps not.

Finder
29-09-2005, 20:34
"What are you, scroungin' around lookin' for ass?"

AmorRoark
29-09-2005, 21:33
Hey Assy!

Susie vs. Larry confrontations are always fantastic because Susie has about just as much regard for Larry as he does for the rest of the world.

Susie [shows Larry sequined shirt she has made] Now, is this cute? I mean how much fun is this? Huh? Great, right?
Larry: You know, it's nice.
Susie: Yeah.
Larry: Not quite my cup of tea, but... y'know, uh, it's nice.
Susie: All right, you know what? Fuck you... and fuck your tea.

paradoxcycle
29-09-2005, 23:56
^Oh God that's so fucking funny! Everyone post more Susie/Larry quotes!
Ok, I'm sorry guys to hijack this thread with my quotes but I can't help myself. Just tell me to STFU if I'm being annoying :)

Cheryl: Okay, you know what? I think my friend Julie was just saying that the Beverly Park Country Club might be taking new members.
Susie Greene: Ah, eh...
Larry: It's... pretty.
Cheryl: I think they're taking new members, and it's a beautiful country club...
Susie Greene: All right, look, I don't want to offend you, but there's like three fuckin' Jews in the whole club, okay? It's not for us. It's WASP, WASP, Republican city....
Cheryl: Okay, you know what? I fit in with you guys all the time, for years I've been going to your thing, so...
Larry: How am I even gonna get by in the interview?
Susie Greene: [points at Larry] This one would stick out like a sore fuckin' thumb, this Jewface over here.
Larry: Oh, I'm more of a Jewface than *you*?
Susie Greene: Hey, fuck you, Larry, okay? I didn't get us into this predicament!
Larry: I'm much more gentiley than you are!

Pounding_Grooves
30-09-2005, 00:53
Originally posted by fruitfly
I think I could spend half an hour just listening to Susie say "fuck." =D

god that episode where she catches them trying to go back to find the dolls head larry had fucked up was priceless, the spaghetti western music when they confronted her was priceless :D

paradoxcycle
04-10-2005, 03:19
Larry runs into Wanda Sykes again

Wanda: So look. Did aaah, did you hear back from Martin about my script?

Larry: Yeah!

Wanda: And? [Larry shrugs]. What?

Larry: Sorry to say! Didn't like it! It happens!

Wanda: Well, did you tell him I was black?

Larry: No...

Wanda: Why didn't you tell him I was black?

Larry: I don't know! Why should I?

Wanda: It makes a big difference! Larry, you don't know when to play the card! You know, white guys, they love this shit. "Oh, look at me, I'm liberal! Helping a black person." You should know better. That's when you tell somebody they're black.

Larry: Alright, I'll tell him you're black... okay? Fine.

Wanda: Tell him I'm like a brown skin black, not black skin. Make sure I am not real black...

[Larry walks away]

Larry: I hope I don't see you for a while. Getting sick of you!

Wanda: Take your sick ass into the hospital