Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: In The Cut

Mysterier

Administrator
Staff member
Very explicit movie, didn't know Meg Ryan could be so sexy. it shows Jennifer Jason Leigh sucking a cock.

^^^ do you have any further opinions on the film - did you like it/hate it? i haven't seen it as yet, but it's *one of the many* on my list that i must get round to. if only for the blow-job ;)

yeah the movie was pretty good, it was a dark movie, something different than Ryan's usual. Mark Ruffalo is good in the movie.

I thought it was a good arthouse erotica. But I don't remember Jennifer Jason Leigh sucking cock, when was that? i only remember some other lady doing it early in the movie.

I found it kinda dissapointing, the story was pretty straightforward and the directinfg ok, but not innovative or extraordinarily good.

Acting was pretty good though, especially Meg Ryan, i didn't know she was up to this stuff, she played out her masturbation scenes as if it was her daily job :)

Still it left me with a kinda hollow feeling at the extremely chlichéd ending. The feeling that it's all already been done before and it doesn't add anything new to the genre.

And can someone please explain what the deal was with the ice-skating flash-backs? Especially the scene where the legs of the girl are skated off? It's been a while since i've seen it so i might've missed some key-points, but i doubt that.

I think the iceskating represented the fear all around her, how she was turned on by it. I think it served purpose definitely. The ending was cliche, the story was cliche, the direction was new though, and the idea of her walking into danger knowingly was really cool, at least supposed knowingly.

Again, where did Jennifer Jason Leigh suck cock? i really might rent it again for that, Jesus!

I agree - cliched film with good direction. I couldn't stop thinking about what Campion had in mind the whole way through this film, being such an interesting director, usually with a lot to say, but I felt this was lacking something. I heard Meg would be trying to play more of these "edgy" type of roles than her romantic gal thing - a decent effort there.

Yeah I'm glad Meg's doing it, I just wish it would've been something she always had done..I feel like its just for money and ratings. I remember her in The Doors, one of my fav movies, shes nude but then she moves her arm over her breasts, its was obvious it made her uncomfy, even oliver stone talked about it and how she fucked up the scene.