survey - what is yer personal harm reduction technique?

X2K

Bluelighter
I thought it would be good for one thread to be devoted to this. Some people pre-load with diff recipes, some post load, some do both.. some people use E to avoid using other drugs (like coke
smile.gif
no one i know tho), some smoke pot on their come down, some wait weeks after, some just days.. some alternate e to k to coke to (fill in yer blank), etc... so i wanna hear em! let us hear what works for you and why. maybe we will all learn a few new tricks. mas plur - Honey

Pre and Post-Loading w/ 5-HTP always works fine for me. 3-400mg an hour before poppin', and 3-400mg when I get home in the morning. Keeps that damned depression away.
smile.gif

evans

saving E for when you want a good experience, but not the definitive good experience (i.e. make sure you can still have fun without it)
using other stimulants when you want energy (dexadryne)
maintaining a healthy lifestyle aside from drug use including vegetarianism, meditation, dietary supplements, exercise
researching every substance you choose to take if you plan on taking it more than once in your life
supplementing w/5 HTP and other preloaders
getting enough rest the day after and ensuring that you eat even if you don't want to!!
johnc

Tons of weapons you will eventually find if you start to 'use' pretty regularly (once a week). whatever drug it may be.
We've found that GHB puts us to sleep in a second no matter how tweaked out we are, no matter how spun. And it's *great* on the comedown. It makes you feel wonderful, and relieves all the anxiety and then you can get some *real* sleep. Though you might have to over-dose (two words) a bit. (we use this to fight the negative crystal effects in case you weren't paying attention).
Then for ecstasy and the week after you have your 5htp which works wonders and it usually very reliable. We also use 5htp if we're feeling like shit cause we spent too much time on crystal, and it seems to work it's magic in that case as well for whatever reason.
make sure you take your B12 if you are doing nitrus a lot over a weekend.
We also have certain herbal blends to stay healthy. Certain tonics we've created that work wonders to fight the negative physical effects of crystal just from common use. like the anti-immune system shit, and any liver damage, the anxiety and stress and depression. You know, st. john's wort and echenecia and valerian root and that kind of mumbo. of course sometimes I don't take them as regularly as I should and well.
smile.gif
Oh, you also have to take the de-tox herbs and anti-ox herbs.
so many weapons
smile.gif
It's almost scary because you can use drugs a lot harder and just use the new justification "well, we'll just take some..... "
Pyro

oh yeah. I *hate* the high that weed gives you.. honestly it's done nothing for me but give me anxiety the four years I've dabbled with it.
anyways a hit off some nice mild weed will open up your stomach and let you get some food down in there after a weekend out dancing and on E or crystal or whatever else. or if you were drinking too much or blah whatever.
weed has *never* put me to sleep, and if I really want to go to sleep you right to the source and take some ghb or gbl. simple. weed is ineffective when it comes to people with pretty hard sleep disorders (like myself naturally, without the 'help' of stimulants i have a hard time sleeping when I *want* to)
umm... other things.
have sugar handy when you're doing hella K just in case (though I love K and would never abort a trip)
Valium is good too in case someone starts to freak on acid. we have our "emergency valium" stash... right next to the "emergency nitrus and ghb" stash... which is just weird to me for some reason. some of my friends are crack heads
smile.gif

hehe.
Pyro

The next day I usually take a shitload of vit-A-mins usually 2 Multivits with herbal supplements, 2 vit c, 2 vit b, and 2 5htp. I have never felt e pression before and I roll every week(been doing so for 5 straight months now). Number one harm redux is plenty of sleep the next day. My .02 cents
------------------
So how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?..... The world may never know!

MDMA: from trusted sources, tested with reagent, usually powder, drop half a capsule, then the other half after an hour. If i don't feel it strong, i try to boost it with herb, g, or htp, or by jumping into the vibe. If i don't feel it strong, i usually don't sweat it, there are other nights to party, if my body's not agreeing no need to push it, if another half-tab crosses my path, i might take it, but only from trusted sources.
Herbs, Vitamins, Supplements: HTP, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Vit E, Vit B complex, Vit C, Choline, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine
Energy: 900 mg Guarana natural caffeine tablets, Gotu Kola, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng.
Hydration: Fruit juices, nectars, coffee frappucino type drinks, water, occassional beer.
Cocaine: Coke on chewing gum, not in nose, for a good long-term energy spike. Coke in nose only for the specific buzz, or for 3 am not rolling but everyone is catch-up. Never depend on coke for your energy for the night. Always make it convenient to do so that you can do it and jump back into the mood, otherwise, you'll you sit at a table and do it all night until it's all gone, ignoring the world around you. Tough chemical to use without harming yourself, but it's a good buzz.
GHB/GBL: know your dosage, make a routine and dont change it, use the same bottles/containers. Do the same ritual. Make the strength one cap. Don't volunteer it to people unless they are aware of the dangers. Color it blue. Do not put it in a container which might be mistaken for water. Keep it hidden and concealed anyways. Take with an energy booster and work the two in combination to achieve a desired buzz, don't go in a hole outside of a residence.
Attitude: Zen party mood, out with my girl, end the party at an appropriate time, go home and make some lovin', plan everything out, try not to wake up after 10, if so i'm laying in the sun at least, make use of every day, money doesn't grow on trees, never dose after 1-2am, ghb + coke is a great MDMA replacement.
Vibe: into the music and people, drugs as an enhancer, buzz, not as the main activity. When you're in love and you bring your s/o, you're hopefully easier on yourself and herself as well. You don't want your g/f to feel sketchy, or that hanging with you is taking a massive toll on her, or that you're becoming one-dimensional pac-man druggies. It's to enhance the love, and if you can get the love between people to expand through the circle of friends to create an inclusive tent, then people will be buzzed anyways plus people will look out for each other.
Lastly: self-respect, survival, longevity, knowledge, money. Always ask yourself what the tradeoffs of your drug usage are. It's best to be in the black, that is the goal of synergy, the interaction being greater than the sum of the parts. We bag on boozers, but if we make ourselves comatose with drugs, are we really that much better off?
And super lastly, i go out every now and then without anything for a little breath of fresh air.
------------------
[email protected]

wow i think these are excellent replies so far - but i know some of you do different things.. Personally, i spent saturday and sunday drug free, and this is a first in about 3-4 months. I felt a little burned out, I am taking a wicked recipe of vits, including super B's, lots of vit-c, 5-htp at night time, and 2 asprin in the evening to help that weird run down headache go away...
sometimes i will smoke a lot, i am talking A LOT of mari jay so that i stay away from coke, or if i am know i am going to use, i try to prep myself like mentally... i am sure that sounds dorky but i kinda gotta keep myself together around that shit.. its like one of those go to the bathroom and check yer head things - "i can do this tonight, and it will be ok" but that works for me now..
as for e, hmmm paxil helps a bit the following days ( i get madd down) and so does lots of rest, watching sad movies and eating chinese food with my best (Penguin where are you, you lurker)and this is dorky ( i know ) but writing out a schedule or a plan for the next week. like i feel like it helps me to feel all there and prepared so that i dont have any surprises come thursday.
anyway, talking to people about what they do, and how they feel/felt in different situations helps me a lot too.. Thanks all you wonderful Blue Lighters that help me everyday with this, and also that help me SO MUCH with my paper - I can not thank you enough!!! much love for you all!

Just trying to learn as much about the drug i'm taking. Talking to friends and searching the net-the most useful.
I think sites like this and dancesafe are sooo important and helpful.
------------------
Ciao...
e!

dont use E (or other drugs) on a regular basis, dont depend on drugs for fun, be able to go through the week AND WEEKEND with out getting fucked up at all, this keeps your budget, health, life, tolerance, friendships all in check, remember your priorities. dont take too much of a drug that can kill you or get you addicted, dont mix drugs that shouldnt be mixed, dont do drugs in a bad environment (i.e. church, school, work, etc....) be sure you remember what your doing.
these are some rules i live by
some good meditation, fruit juices, vitamins, minerals, healthy food, etc.... are all good things to do/take
and always remember PLUR
Peace!
------------------
"When you feel that you cant take no more, and your feet are heading for the door, just keep on dancin, and prancin..."

my time to rest hardly ever comes.. i feel really 8up and i only smoked a jay this afternoon.. perhaps i will rest now.. oh yeah and L/O I am so meaning to email you, I'm just trying to get my act together so i make some sense... talk to you soon tho, thanks for all yer help.

5-htp - preload and postload
Melatonin - to get solid sleep (and a great antioxidant for this lifestyle)
Mari Jay - but only with a vaporiser - never smoked (www.vaportech.com)
Vitamin C & E + lots of water

i havent ever heard of those things - a vaporizer for weed eh? why do you smoke outta that? to conserve or just cause thats the only opportunity you had? sounds cool to me only i really like to smoke so maybe it wouldnt work out but it is worth a try.. plurness

alrighty baby, i just saw that little plug to me in the first post....here's my technique...do more e and less c, smoke weed on the comedown.
i tried really hard to think of something creative but i'm having constant brain farts today. it is really only tuesday? man!

kewl sharing and everything guys... this noodlehead has decided to sleep it all off most times. I'll work an entire weekend too, and lack of sleep seems to be the number one enemy of me good health. Eating is difficult for days so I have started using certain shakes as well as keeping the other liquids coming in. Water is good. I currently use a B-complex, Alpha-lipoic acid, and the same old gaggle of aminos and viti's that have made their way onto the scene: 5HTP, L-tyrosine, C, E, a multi-thingy.
I used to dose with some Ginseng caps as well. Red Korean and Siberian Ginseng did me right the days after a run or something.

I actually do alternate a lot. I have to alternate with K cuz i had a lot of it for a while and did a lot, accordingly. So by the end of the weekend, when i am splitting a 20 bag and JUST getting a buzz, thats when i decide to quit for a few weeks. Then, I'll trip and or roll on the weekends. I smoke weed occasionally, and its just getting to the point where i ENJOY it. I used to get ripped off one bowl, and then i'd have to do something (like go home) that made me paranoid and i had to act sober. I hate having to act sober!!!
To throw something different into the mix right now, I am gonna use my brand new cracker and do some whippets. Pretty soon here I am gonna start finding some more K and doing that. Its just like an eternal cycle of appreciating different highs. Plus I stay low on the tolerance scale that way.