is it still "all about the music"?

Esoteric

Bluelighter
It seems to me that the meaning of parties has been fading. I have noticed more and more kids going to these parties just to get fucked up. Not to say that taking drugs is a bad thing to do at these parties, it is just that a party shouldn't be a place just to get fucked up at.they are missing the point of the party. The drugs should be used to enhance the music and promote love and mushy stuff. I'll roll or drop occationally but i don't do it all the time and not just to get fucked up. in fact, ive gotten to the point where i don't need the drugs to enhance the music or have a good time, i can just get into the state of mind of rolling or tripping soberly. Im applying what i have learned from these drugs to a sober mind set. we need to remember that it is all about the music and not about the drugs.
please reply what you think and see.

i give you mad props. i havent rolled at a party, or at all in over a month and a half, nor have i really done drugs all that much eathier (except weed, sorry im a pothead) i think its very important that everyone tries to have fun sober, and if you cant then you might have a drug problem. a lot of my friends have been quiting drugs and i have seen that they arent NEEDED for fun. dont get me wrong i still love to get fucked up but i dont do it as often and i have to say i have more fun now than ever before, thanks for bringing this issue to light, i think its important everyone takes a step back and look at what they are doing
Peace!
------------------
"whatever it is i think i
see, becomes a tootsie
roll to me"

Something you guys should try at least once is going to a party completely sober. I have never rolled or dropped, but the majority of my friends do. We all have a great time (providing there is a healthy supply of progressive trance), so it is perfect. Just take my suggestion, go to a party sober and see how you like it. At least then you'll know what about the scene really captivates your attention.

I go for the beats and the bass, running through me even. I have gone out sober and had fun.
And I don't let the clueless sheep all herding themselves into a silly stupor bother me much anymore.
A nice atmosphere includes friendly and intelligent peoples to talk to. I usually find them leaning barside or sitting up tall on a bin. The best is when they love to move on the floor too.
I enjoy being high, and this junkie loves being able to twist my perception of the overall experiance. My perspsectives and experiances going up and coming down are always lessons that I enjoy living and learning.
I'm a party person I guess.
[This message has been edited by Noodle (edited 03 April 2000).]

wierd, this technodolt thought it replied to this thread already??? again then i will tap my thoughts here....
I go for the beats and bass running through me, and to try and know it and then project that rythm through movement.
I don't worry much anymore about all the the other sheep dosing themselves into oblivion.
I enjoy life. This time and all the things I am doing and not doing is by choice.
Rave on always I say.

it was never about the music, man...
music's just something i take to enhance the experience of the drugs...
why is everyone referring to being on e as being "fucked up". if something makes you feel fucked up, don't do it. i have been fucked up on alcohol many times, but never on e.
but i do agree that you should't have to take drugs to have a good time...
smile.gif

im sorry to hear you say that hippy. you are taking it the wrong way.i has always been about the music. do you think they get djs just to help your experience? no, parties are just about the music and having a good time. that is why djs do what they do; because they love the music and they want to share it with everybody, not to help your roll or trip. you need to re-think why you go to parties. the drugs are to help enhance the music and not vice versa.

i normally don't like house/techno music, i get irritated by the repetitive beats and the cheesiness. nut when i'm on e i can appretiate this music, and like being in a club or at a rave.
under normal circumstances i listen to drum&bass, and stuff like Pink Floyd, Massive Attack and Led Zepplin, which i still very much enjoy on e, but most of it you just can't dance to
smile.gif

p.s. please don't take anything i say in posts too seriously or too personally
wink.gif

------------------
"would you like to learn to fly?
would you like to see me try?"

It is true that you can have fun without drugs,but i would have to say that only if you have been on drugs before.otherwise it will be kinda hard to have fun.
i personlly have fun with or without the drugs.But much more fun with E everyone knows that.
------------------
trancerules

It's all good! The true meaning of a rave is that it's a place where you can go to be yourself. Where people won't judge you, where you can have just a great time and meet great people. If people are there for the drugs, more power to them! Instead of being bugged by it, go over and give them a good lightshow. You never know, you might meet a really great person!
It's all about ***PLUR*** <---ever wonder who thought that up, and how big it has gotten?
------------------
**P*L*U*R***** love the music and enjoy the EEEE

I think at this point in the "evolution" of rave culture, the drugs and the music have become the chicken and the egg of the new millenium. "The rave scene is about the music but we like the drugs, and the drugs are really only good when listening to a certain kind of music." (in general here folks).
Best example, If someone walked straight up to you and asked:
"Do you go for the music?", you would say yes.
"Why do you do X at these parties (staying within the topic of the thread now, mind you)?", you say because it enhances the effect of the music.
"Would you listen to it if you didn't do the X?", you say probably.
"Why not yes or no?", because I enjoy listening to the music AND I enjoy the X equally. They go together. Like peanutbutter and jelly, I prefer chunky style but if I can't find it in the store, smooth is fine. But given the chance again, I'd get the chunky. Then you find out that peanuts are loaded w/fat so they're not good for you, or you just get bored looking for it, so you so you're content w/the smooth......(did I just write that? Damn I'm bad at analagies!)
It's about both the music and the drugs. If your using the drug (I'm presuming we're talking about X still here) in the spirit of it's effect, your rolling parties should be bringing your friends together. On top of that we're all part of a sub-culture founded on something that inheirently breaks the law! We're all accomplices to each others crime! So we gotta stick together! (Ha-Ha)
(sorry long night weird thoughts)
------------------
Better to be late, than before you're invited!

I totally feel you. I see kids going to parties and just sitting in the corner all night smoking weed and getting so fucked up. I go about every other party sober, and I just get a natural high from just being there. Plus, it is a little easier to concentrate on certain things (like learning to dance better like I'm trying to do.) I am not saying I am totally against drug use there, but it is just a little perk to it, there is so much more to parties than drugs.
------------------
<~- p0rnstarUnderdog -~>
"Keep it real while you can, things change."

I really have to agree with Cheshyrgrin on this one.........
------------------
Rollin with the HOmies~~

When I first started goin to parties, I was all about the drugs. But when I started talking to all the kiddies and learning what the scene was all about, the drugs weren't an issue anymore. I go to parties so I can be myself, and I know that nobody will judge me there. When the vibe at a party is especially good, I feel like I'm rolling even if I'm not. For me, it is definitely about the music and all the nice people.
------------------
PLUR, the only thing better than Vick's!
---Huff

Hell Yeah. its all about the music and people. don't need drugs to have a good time although most parties i go to i do *E*
a*n*g*i*e
[This message has been edited by raverbunnie79 (edited 12 April 2000).]

PPL!!!...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRUGS...GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD!!
i've only been to two parties cuz my friend DRAGGED me to them!...and what do i see, a buncha FAKERS!!..ewwwwww! A LOT of these ppl seem like they were those ppl that had probably no more than 2 friends in skool until they started partying...and now that they have these so called "NEW FRIENDS" they hafta act all nice so they can keep them/gain more?!?...dat'z freakin retarded!
and wut pissed me off SO much is some jerk grabbed my pooosay and i wasn't allowed to slap him?!...wut kinda nonsense is that!! i hafta let it pass cuz he supposedly doesn't know wut he's doing cuz he's on E??? fuck that! that's y i don't go as much!
and to the guy that asked y ppl can't do the drugs that doesn't harm them and feels good...well hun...sex feels good too but if your bitch is infected with AIDS or sum funky STD, dying won't feel so good after!

I think that without drugs, there would be less people in raves. That's because drugs make the whole experience more desireable. When a person is introduced to E, he gets excited... After that, it's a question of time when the disillusionment happens... I think that raving is a great thing, because people are more unselfish. But taking E isn't the right reason to do so. It only shows things in another perspective. Maybe there are two ways of raving...

I'm a self-proclaimed master of the obvious...
The scene brings us together.
Us brings the scene together.
In a overview way. Its all about the scene!
smile.gif
smile.gif
peace
smile.gif
smile.gif

applesbliss@Shaun
------------------
"Like butter baby, I'm on a roll"
"I can't believe its not butter"

When it comes down to it, who cares?
If you're all about the music, go to raves for the music. Enjoy yourself. Set a good example. Bitching about how the "scene is going downhill" doesn't help. It is what it is, enjoy yourself.