• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

IV Drug Users Partying With You! Question

tampaguts

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

I have been an IV drug user over the last 5 years. It all started with a few friends of mine. None of which I am in contact with any longer. I have recently moved to Tampa, FL and for safety reasons, and so that I could enjoy IV'ing more- would like to find others who do the same, or at least others who can handle seeing or knowing about it.

So here is the topic.

((and when I speak of IV users, I am not talking about *fiends*, rather people who control the amount they use, and use safe, sterile injection methods))

1. How do non-IV users feel about someone they are partying with using a needle? It being done in front of them?

2. And for those that do IV inject drugs, how have you come to meet others who do also?

wazzup i dont know man that shit looks ill but i am very curious about it but that's gonna be a long time from now , but to answer your question i dont mind people doing that, as long as they do it normal i guess(you know without looking like a fucking bum)

I've never seen it done in front of me but I really wouldn't care. I certianly wouldn't encourage it either. If they were in my house I'd want them to be safe and responsible and to make sure they don't mess up a shot and spray blood everywhere. Also if they were in my house I wouldn't allow them to pressure anyone else to do it and I don't think I'd want someone IVing for the first time in my house. All in all I have no problem with IV drug users as long as they are responsible and respectful.

i can only answer question 1 - i have no problems with it, as long as the person isn't a complete crackhead. i'd prefer someone slamming dope over a shitfaced e-tard anytime.

I really hate it when people get thrown out of parties for shooting up, it's a perfectly saef mode of administration if done responsible - and forcing people to hide in the bathroom certainly doesn't achieve that.

I'm all for people being safe and around others when they shoot, then they can help out if anything goes wrong. I don't have any problem with it at all...

--- G.

p.s. of course I have used needles before myself =D

Uh, I would not want an IV drug user even in my apartment, much less at a party I was hosting. Unless I knew him/her extremely well. Yes, yes, I know a few of you do it responsibly. The rest are huge addicts, and I honestly don't want to take the chance, only to have someone steal all my stuff while I'm too drunk/high to notice. Plus some guy with a needle sitting on the couch totally screws up the mood.

Weed and beer, inside. Cigarettes, outside. Anything else better be in the bathroom or at another party.

So people that use that mode of administration automatically steal? Watch out for those black people, too, I hear the same thing about them... 8)

--- G.

the little crew of us that used to party at my friend's apartment consisted of only one IV drug user. you can say whatever you want about the safety of the method, but the undeniable fact is that there's a stigma attached to it and it makes people uncomfortable. if i liked needles, i'd probably be shooting up myself. needles and/or injections of all kinds make me queasy and i don't really want to see it.

at this apartment in question, the one IV drug user always went to the bathroom to shoot up. there was no mystery about what he was doing in there - i've even loaned him the belt off my waist so he could tie off. even so, none of us wanted to actually look at him shooting up, so he did it in another room.

Morrison's Lament said:
I really hate it when people get thrown out of parties for shooting up, it's a perfectly saef mode of administration if done responsible

i don't think there's anything wrong with asking someone to go somewhere else to shoot up if it makes you uncomfortable. if you're partying in someone else's home, you need to be respectful of their wishes. they were kind enough to let you in their home after all. if you don't like the rules in a certain place, then party somewhere else.

Morrison's Lament said:
So people that use that mode of administration automatically steal? Watch out for those black people, too, I hear the same thing about them... 8)

--- G.

I never said that. I'm starting to think they automatically don't know how to read, though. Here's what I said.

Yes, yes, I know a few of you do it responsibly. The rest are huge addicts, and I honestly don't want to take the chance, only to have someone steal all my stuff while I'm too drunk/high to notice.

So I said that alot of IV drug users are addicts, and I don't want to take the chance the guy I don't know at my party is, and I don't want to take the chance that he needs money. Are you trying to say that alot of IV users aren't addicted, and that some addicts don't steal?

^^The problem with your statement is that it is a truly huge and sweeping generalization.

Why not take your junkies as they come. Even if someone is a raging addict doesn't mean they'll steal from you.

And yes, a lot of IV users are not addicts, prolly as many as there are IV users who are addicts, well...maybe not as many, but close.

The whole point is that it is ignorant to judge someone simply based on the method of admin. of a drug, and a social stigma placed on people due to media and government propaganda.

In regards to the first question...

I was an IV user so I don't mind it.

And I met other users at raves, well, actually mostly smaller house parties, around Chicago. But they turned into some of my very close friends.

1. How do non-IV users feel about someone they are partying with using a needle? It being done in front of them?

I have had mixed reactions, from disgust from family members, to tolerence form aquaitences, to "How can you do that?" from friends, to people who dont take a second look, to chicks that have no problem jumping on you after watching you inject (is them I really wonder about), to co-workers giving you the look of WHAT THE FUCK, yea what the fuck you bitch, to people telling you to hurry up so they can 'snort' theres, to angry cops that beat at the window with nightsticks and powerlock the doors just to get that shot in before dealing with the damn cops (Got detained but let go, haha shot right infront of them charged = nothing). Anyways...

People react diffferent, usually in a negative manner.

2. And for those that do IV inject drugs, how have you come to meet others who do also?

If your looking to meet ppl in your area to cop from, thats not allowed and I cant help you. If you would poke around a bit, you would know where the methadone clinics, needle exchanges, ghettos, and the people that associtae with those estabishments are located. FLoridas is just different in its distabution of heroin IMO, its much more of a 'well' pain-in-the -ass (can be overpriced compared to what your dealing wtih). There are plent of addicts out down there and a few of my friends had no problem tracking down a decent connectiono. So what am I saying, I dont know. NA meetings usually have a fairshare of IV users. Basically a select group of old friends are ones I only use with.

All my friends who aren't IV users are completely comfortable with my usage. They begin with the 'junkie stigma' in their minds, then to curiosity then discover thats its not a big deal and learn to accept it.
I meet IV users the same way I'd meet a non IV user.

I've shot many many times while I'm with non-IV users. And all of them got sick when I did it. But I can understand it, IV usage sucks, people usually get sick when they saw the blood (IMO).

@lterEgo said:

i don't think there's anything wrong with asking someone to go somewhere else to shoot up if it makes you uncomfortable. if you're partying in someone else's home, you need to be respectful of their wishes. they were kind enough to let you in their home after all. if you don't like the rules in a certain place, then party somewhere else.

I agree, no one should be forced to watch that, I should have been more specific.

It's just that I know of several instances of people being thrown out of a group of friends and asked to never come back because someone found out they used a needle, one guy even stopped hanging out with ALL of his friends over after he found one of them had used a needle - he panicked and went to his priest and was a blubbering mess about it. Talk about creating a nasty situation out of nothing, basically if people would understand that needles aren't a gateway to Hell and Satan himself, they'd be more relaxed about it...

That being said, if it's your house you make the rules :)

--- G.

I've never met any IV users myself, so unfortunately I have no first-hand experience to share ... but even though I have no problem with IV use now that I've been around BL and seen its not a 'junkie' thing, but rather a method to get the most out of one's drugs (I'm a stingy bastard so I can respect this:)), I still would probably feel uncomfortable if at a 'party' someone was chilling on the couch and shooting up ... while I may have no problem with it normally, I'd think it would kill the vibe a bit, not to mention freak out a lot of other persons.
By all means, do it off in the bathroom somewhere, but blatantly shooting up seems a bit disrespectful and dangerous when you're around a crowd of unknowns.

I hate it when you want to shoot up (at YOUR party, or YOUR house), and all your mates walk out of the room, leaving you by yourself. It really, really hurts me, deeply.

If I'm going to IV at parties, I always ask the host (if they're a good friend) if I can go into his room and do it privately (they usually come in with you). If I don't know the host, or I know they will say no, it's a bathroom jobby :D

People shouldn't walk away, or get freaked out if you're doing it AT the party... it just makes IV users feel so uncomfortable. It's all the social stigma. Nobody walks away when you drink a beer, or smoke a bong or even snort Meth/Heroin/Coke... but as soon as that little syringe comes out, BAM!

^^^
I know exactly what you meaned, hell, I don't like it too (who likes it?). But you have to understand them, they can't understand why you are IVing drugs, they can't understand you.

I think it's way gross, no way I would stick around and watch them pump poison. Call it social stigma or whatever I just think it's a dangerous and gross method of administration.

If anyone was shooting anything in my house i'd kick them out the door as soon as I found out. This might be insensitive but it is an activity I simply don't approve of and would not allow to happen in my home.

I think IV is stupid and I fail to see the need to do it. That being said I only ever judge people by who they are, not the way they administer their drugs. I also find it amusing that IV users always insist on using the bathroom, even when they're around people who don't give a fuck. All it does is increase the stigma attached to it, IMO.