Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Seretoninless or just crap pills?

mrephedrine69

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering whether anyone has any knowledge of the quality of ecstasy on the East Coast, particularly Brisbane over the last few years? I have been eating Ecstasy (or what has been sold to me as Ecstasy) for 4 years now. I would be over the 400 mark. When I first started in '99, I remember how awesome it was. Intense rushes that always came on and on to a point where they would stop, and a warm buzz would come over me and I'd be quite lovey-dovey, touchy-feely, very talkative, dancey, and 'in-tune' with everyone.

I assume this is what we all strive to end up like and the reason we all take pills, to end up in that Euphoric state. However, from 2002 onwards, that euphoric feeling disappeared after moving to Brisvegas from Melbourne. I have been quite consistent with the amount I have been taking over the years, but I always get intense rushes, than nothing...... straight as a die again.

I assumed that I had drained a fair whack of my serotonin levels and probably culled my receptors back to non-repairable levels, but lately I think I am changing my mind. 6 months ago was the first time I had that sought after euphoric feeling. Distinctly reminded me of my first time. Then no feelings like that until last weekend, where the pill consumed definitely produced that elusive buzz and high, with all the perks, for around a full hour and a half. Bliss!-

I'm after thoughts of what the heck is going on around here. Am I burnt out?? Or are we finally being treated to the real deal around here? Maybe the imports are finally getting though to us around here??

I'm leaning to the the thought that we have been buying local substituted crap for the last year and a half or so..... what do you'se think?

i'm not one to judge whether you've "lost the magic" or not, however i can say that it is definitely who you know. there is pretty much always something 'quality' going round, you just have to have the right contacts.

if you have indeed lost the magic, you may have been lucky enough to score a strong pill.

perhaps its just time to take a long extended break and 'regain the magic' :)

I have been eating Ecstasy (or what has been sold to me as Ecstasy) for 4 years now. I would be over the 400 mark

thats 2 a week or 8 a month over 4 years - might be an idea to give the old brain a rest?

simple.

name the pills youve been on over the last 6 months and which ones have been good/bad and see what common opinion says.

Well, there have only been 3 pills in the last 2 and a half years that have given me loved up, euphoric, buzzy, connected feeling. They were the original Beige Versaces of 2 years ago, white lips from 6 - 9 months ago, and the white/beige kangaroos from last week.

Some of the other pills over time that have produced mad rushes, but no euphoria and love are: green amsterdams, brown amsterdams, white amsterdams, blue hearts, pink hearts, Yosemite Sams, Warner Bros, Yellow Adidas, White CK, Green CK, Blue smiley, Blue Superman, White Clover, White Octagon, White Mx, Beige Rolex, White Trident, White X-Men, Green X-Men, Orange Bomb.....jsut to name a few.

Don't get me wrong, the rushes were intense and sweet, but as soon as the rushes stopped, no buzz.....

The Lips and the Kangaroos, however, gave a buzz and euphoria for at least an hour and a half..... leading me to believe that they are the real deal, and the rest have substituted ingredients due to being local. I have seen a recipe you can you'se if your half a chemist to make so-called MDMA using pool chemicals, Brake Fluid, a fair bit of other nasty stuff and a long drawn out process.....

Makes you concerned that, yes, we know the side-effects and damage that can be caused by unadulterated MDMA, but is that what we are really all eating?????

I have seen a recipe you can you'se if your half a chemist to make so-called MDMA using pool chemicals, Brake Fluid, a fair bit of other nasty stuff and a long drawn out process.....
You've read a work of fiction... if you mix pool chemicals (chlorine) and brake fluid together, you get fire not MDMA. Don't believe everything you read.

BTW: Great post Jimbu! Nicely put.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
I guess I should have explained myself a little better. The recipes that float around may or may not actually produce MDMA. The recipe I refered to above involved quite a complex process of extracting key ingredients from brake fluid, pool chemicals, and other nasty cleaners through various heating and cooling processes, and by combining certain chemicals to produce a more 'pure' (if you can call it that) active ingredient that can be used as a base to produce 'ecstasy'.

Obviously in Australia, the key pure ingredients required to manufacture a drug such as ecstasy are very hard, if not impossible to obtain. Hence, many 'substitutes' may be used which can be quite inferior and may only be mimicking the effects of what the pure ingredient would produce.

I guess that's why when 'imports' arrive from places such as Europe where pure ingredients have more of a chance of being obtained, they disappear almost as fast as they landed on our shores.

So I guess my question could really be changed to ask:

Am I suffering from seretonin depletion and receptor burn-out, or a victim of poor quality 'MDMA' (If it actually is that).

PS - I will try to track the recipe I was reading and will post if able. Cheers.

from experience and resources such as bluelight and pillreports (more from resources), i'd confidently say that if you buy pills in australia, it's highly likely that if you don't get MDxx, you are getting some form of amphetamine (meth, psuedoephidrine or caffeine) or ketamine. i'm sure there are some other adulterants (research chems, dxm, pma, etc) which on occassion find their way into fake ecstasy pills, but 99% of the chemists out there making non-MDxx ecstasy pills are going to use an amphetamine or ketamine, simply because it is so easy to obtain these chemicals or the precursors to them in australia.

i can't see why anyone would bother going to such effort of mixing pool chemicals and what-not together in some complex brew when they could make speed in their backyard so much more easily.

BooMslectA said:
i may be wrong but i thought the base form of MDMA is MDA...

pretty sure thats incorrect...

different precursors, same/similar recipe, am i correct?

Hey mrephedrine69.

Several of the pills you've taken over the past 6 months or so have reports on www.pillreports.com so you can see other people's opinions on those pills there.

IMO it's your serotonin that's lacking and not the pills, but this depends on the frequency of use. As it's been pointed out, to get to the 400 mark you'd have to be eating up to 8 a month. Were these all in one night, for instance, or would you be using weekly? Popular opinion says it takes about a week for serotonin to rebuild totally, but a lot of people find it's a fortnight, a month or even longer before the pills "feel" as good.

This part is purely contention but I tend to associate "rushes" with dopamine release, not serotonin. This in itself suggests (to me) serotonin depletion. You could try looking at some of the neurotoxicity threads for better info on this :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's appreciated. My intake has been fairly steady with an average of about 2 per weekend. There have been two or three times where a month or two break has occured to give it a break, but there have also been many, many, many 4,5, or 6 pill nights. This was becoming a regular occurence every week or every other week for 6 months or so until new years just gone, then a month off. Two weeks ago after the month off I had 4 kangaroos in an 12 hour period, and yeah I was pretty chopped, but only minimal 'buzzy feeling, empathy, etc. for around 15 mins with only the first pill. But the weekend just gone I had a kangaroo from the same batch (mind you this one was a little bigger) and had the full deal. Beaming a smile miles across my face, loving everyone and everything, wanted to go for missions, etc, etc. for around almost 2 hours after the come-on!!

It was awesome, but makes no sense????

All the other pills in the last year and half or so just put me on my ass...... apart from the other 2 other times stated above.....

I just dont get it!

Living in Brisbane myself and taking pills occasionally, I can offer my opinion that I think over the last year in Brisbane pills have been of a much lesser quality than the year before that (2002).

2002 had pills such as the Beige versace's, Pink,beige,blue durex/safe sex etc etc.

2003 I probably had about 13-14 different types of pills and I would only rate 3 or 4 of them highly. All the rest were very average and what I consider to be a waste of my money. Point to note, I always try to chase down the best possible pills available to me at the time and I have quite a good source :)

Given the amount of pills you stated you have taken, I would definately recommend a break for your head to recover a bit, but I will also say that the pills last year in Brisbane in general were not the best, which could have had a large impact on your perception of your ecstasy experiences.

My intake has been fairly steady with an average of about 2 per weekend. There have been two or three times where a month or two break has occured to give it a break, but there have also been many, many, many 4,5, or 6 pill nights.

And you wonder why all pills seem shit to you?? wtf!?! Go read this http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79027&r=22 and educate yourself

The recipes that float around may or may not actually produce MDMA. The recipe I refered to above involved quite a complex process of extracting key ingredients from brake fluid, pool chemicals, and other nasty cleaners through various heating and cooling processes, and by combining certain chemicals to produce a more 'pure' (if you can call it that) active ingredient that can be used as a base to produce 'ecstasy'.

if you post stupid shit like that twice in the same fucking thread then umm… you must be seretoninless + permanently brain damaged

Thankyou very much esprit, it's nice to hear from someone local. And, yes, a break is on the cards. There is bigger than better things to be spending a fortune on than pills, and some head clarity to keep.

And to the oh-so-polite mashedpotatohead.

I am well aware of the amount of pills I have had, and the effects that would have on current, and future, pills I consume. Some pills don't seem shit to me. Last weekend was the proof. A friend who was with me who has only had around 25 pills, had NEVER even had the buzziness, lovey dovey, empathetic feeling before from a pill. THAT would give some weight to the fact that a large majority of the pills in Brisbane may not be the real deal in the first place.

And for the record, I hold down a well paid job managing 14 engineering staff for major Telecommunications company. So to advise that I am 'permanantly brain damaged' and stupid, may not be a very accurate statement to make. Because I know a fair bit about Telecommunication Engineering, and not about the manufacturing of illicit substances, I don't think that I am any dumber than you are.

Just buy a pill tester, it's so much easier than trying to guess what's in the pills... EZ-test will let you know if your pill is based on 'ecstacy-like' chemicals (i.e., the MD-- family) or 'speed-like' chemicals (i.e., the meth/amphetamine family).

With a pill tester you are FAR less likely to be tricked into eating something that isn't the real deal. A pill with caffeine, ketamine and speed in it might fool someone who bases their opinions on subjective effects... but it sure as hell won't get by an EZ-test. Yes, pill testers are fallible, but in my opinion they have a substantially higher chance of giving the right answer than your tongue, nose or subjective drug experience.

BigTrancer :)

PS: If you're not absolutely 100% sure something is fact, please mention it when you publish your post (even something simple like "I *think* this is right, but haven't been able to find any more info" or "I can't remember where I heard/read this, can anyone confirm?". That way people are less likely to snap and tell you that you don't know shit about shit.

Thanks a heap Big Trancer. I'm obviously new to the forums, and any constructive help is all good.

I do have a question: Do the EZ tests have an expiry on them. I have had one now for a few months short of two years, and when I got it, most pills did have the colour change to a dark purple or black. For around the last year though every time I use it there is no change. I figured the tester kit was just too old.

But I guess if they don't expire, I have answered my own question........

Yes they do expire - 12 months is a guideline. You can keep Marquis in the fridge but Mandelin should just be kept in a drawer. There's a pill testing forum here at Bluelight for your testing related q's :)