• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If you could see(hear) EVERYTHING that has ever been said about you....

MynameisnotDeja

Bluelight Crew
Would you want to? I mean, from the time you were born to the point you are at now, I'm sure people (and I mean EVERYONE from friends to teachers to your parents-everyone) have talked about you when you were not around many, many times. If you could see it all, like watching a video, would you do it? Do you find the thought intruiging?
I have thought about it a lot, and I'm not sure if I would or not. I'm sure some of the things you would hear would be very heartwarming or flattering...but there might be a lot of mean and hurtful stuff in there too. I find the thought extremely enticing but I don't think I would do it...there are some things I might not want to hear.

How about you?

=D

that would be alot to sit through. Though curiousity would unquestionably desire this, I would only find it productive from 83'-00. you know before the world came to an end.

it bothers me all the time, so I'd definitely do it... no doubt some of it would be hard to listen too, but for the most part I already know the worst that has been said about me... I'd just like to know if people see me the way I see myself... always been a driving question for me... probably why I first started doing alot of soul searching... so to have an answer to that question would be totally worth it...:D

I would do it..

I am sure there would be plenty that I would rather not hear, but if the option was around then my curiosity would not let me reject it.

No...I care too much about what other people think of me already...to do that would be the worst torture.

Nope. Because I genuinely do not care what the vast majority of people have to say about me.

The ones whose opinions matter to me I believe would talk to me directly, for good or for bad.

I have no urge to visit the sum total of the viewpoints of everybody I've ever impacted.

Agreed, people can be pretty mean sometimes and why would I want to subject myself to that. Ignorance is bliss.

I would probably want to hear it... if for nothing more than to know where I "stand" among people. I'm sure I'd hear some good things, as well as some things I might not like. I guess I would try to remain as emotionally detatched from what I was hearing as possible.

No. I really don't care.

Why? Because people lie all the time.

They'd say things to another person about me, for instance, without thinking I'd ever hear about it, merely to boost themselves or crack a joke or whatever. That's not really interesting to me. What people say about you doesn't really reflect what they think and feel about you -- and I would be more interested in what people think and feel about me.

As a matter of fact, I think I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how others think and feel about me. I also tend to think that's one of my major problems. It probably has a lot to do with my anxiety, a lot to do with my paranoia (which is really just the negative end of the spectrum of arrogance), and a lot to do with my isolationist tendencies. Because that's really a big mystery, what other people think and feel. You can never be sure.

Sure, sometimes body language doesn't match up with words or tone of voice and you see a certain incongruence there; you know there's something wrong when their words say "I like you" but there body says "I want to stick your head in a garbage disposal".

But you cant even trust body language, really. Like any other language, it can be misinterpreted.

The biggest mystery of them all is what's going on in that space between the ears of others. And to know what they truly think and feel about me -- could there be a way? -- would certainly help me in understanding myself. And I'm so lost to who I am these days.

Sure, why not. Might be insightful, though I recon a lot of it would be repeditive, and it would probably both negative and positive.

I wouldn't, because i think that too often people's opinions are misguided and incorrect. I mean, *constructive* criticism is nice to hear, but .. hearing people who dont like you for the wrong reasons talk about you could only be damaging.

It doesn't matter how many nice things are said, I would only focus on the bad.

Personally, I wouldnt at all be bothered.

What people say about you, or what peoples opinion is of you, is generally very subjective. Think about how much you've grown and changed in the last 10 - 20yrs alone? Would you really care what someone said about you back then?

The fact of the matter is that we're all capable of fantastic acts of kidness or desperate acts of bitchary that will invite commentary that you wont hear. Anything worth hearing should/will generally be said to your face!

oh, well, undoutable a lot would be misguided, but I wouldnt mind. You dont really connect deeply with everyone you meet, so a lot of the comments would be based on first impressions or who you were at the time and what you were going through. I do not think it would phaze me. Also, some comments would also reflect more about them then you.