PDA

View Full Version : [MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong/Glass pipe?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Paracentesis
17-02-2003, 11:57
I use a cotton swob and my saliva...any other ideas?

Orpheus420
17-02-2003, 12:45
Paperclips and boiling water..

k puppy
17-02-2003, 16:35
i have an idea...
its call4ed 'use the search engine'

Paracentesis
17-02-2003, 17:20
Yeah, I just registered yesterday...I didn't use the searches yet..sorry

Party_Animal
17-02-2003, 22:46
Soak it in rubbing alcohol for a day.
Or boil it.
Or.....buy a new piece at the site below!

bakedlays69
18-02-2003, 00:24
^^
You must be obsessed with that site or sumthin...
Yea do a search there are at least 5 other threads on this. But use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Or soak it for a day in rubbing alcohol or soak it for a day in hot water with soap. Its easy as crap.

SeReNe
19-02-2003, 08:09
Its all about toothpaste and Q-tips yo! Especially the kind with baking soda...works like a charm.

frizzantik
19-02-2003, 08:44
[quote]Originally posted by Party_Animal:
http://www.moltenglass.com/?af=.... (http://www.moltenglass.com/?af=XXXX)
Don't click this guy's spam.. he prolly gets paid per click
Paracentesis: please do a search before posting; chances are your question has been answered. This one has often.. http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=009692
[ 19 February 2003: Message edited by: frizzantik ]

Paracentesis
19-02-2003, 08:45
Yeah, I am sorry for being a lame bitch and posting the same thing that someone has already posted. It won't happen again, unless I overlook something.

o.g.merganser
21-02-2003, 03:48
wanna clean ur glass?
use vinegar and coarse sea salt.
it works very well

Crimethink
21-02-2003, 04:20
Isopropyl alcohol...you can (filter, if desired) & evap it when done & reclaim the good stuff. Crimethink usually heats his pipe gently with a torch or microwave to ~100F, plugs the holes, pours in alcohol, shakes, dumps, repeat 1-2x as nessessary...Total cleaning time is usually <5min. Comes out sparkling clean, like new.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: Crimethink ]

White Flag
21-02-2003, 05:15
If you're just cleaning to get the resin out so you can smoke it (I'm assuming you're talking about a pipe you use for reefer) then unfolding a paper clip, sticking it into the carb, and jamming it around (not too viciously) and then lightly tapping it, with the mouth-piece facing downwards, on a table edge can get you some big chunks of resin.
If you want to clean it so that its spotless, though, boiling it has always worked quite well for me. Just designate a pot for the pipe since the resin likes to stick to the sides of it and won't come off. If someone has a way to keep the resin that floats to the top from sticking to the pot, please post.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: White Flag ]

Hardicus
21-02-2003, 12:35
Well what we used to do was grab our glass bong, drop in some laundry powder (washing machine stuff) and some sand...swish it around (or cover the holes and shake like hell.
Rinse it out and it's nice a heavenly clean.

nowonmai
21-02-2003, 12:40
[quote]Originally posted by Party_Animal:
Soak it in rubbing alcohol for a day.
Or boil it.
http://www.moltenglass.com/?af=
can someone remove this fucker's referrer number...

(V)enthol.
02-04-2003, 20:29
Acetone and Q-Tips

SilentWord
03-04-2003, 01:42
rubbing alcohol and salt.

EternalX
03-04-2003, 19:18
^^^^ works very well

Let it soak in rubbing alcohol over night. Its only like 80 cents a bottle so you wont go broke. Then drain it, fill it back up again with a strong combo of table salt and rubbing alcohol. Shake shake shake you never have shaken before. Do that a few times, and it sh0uld be crystal clear.

Eis4me
03-04-2003, 21:29
The best way to clean a glass pipe especially one with a lot of curves and bends in it is to:

1. Get an empty mayo jar
2. Fill it with hot water
3. Drop in 2 denture cleaning tabs such as Efferdent
4. Let your glass pipe soak while you're passed out sleeping
5. Wake up, rinse it and let it dry

This will result in a cyrstal clear pipe. This works well if you are traveling and need to clean your glass so well it looks new and never used.

BA
04-04-2003, 02:03
Theres this stuff on the market called 420 Cleaner that works pretty good. It's kinda gritty, so you pour it in, and shake it up!

mikepremise
08-04-2003, 23:36
I use the Rubbing alcohol, as pure as possible, more than 70% preferably. Take the rubbing alcohol with your pipe, in a ziploc baggie, along with table salt, and soak the whole pipe with enough rubbing alcohol and double bag it. Shake it every couple minutes. Eventually rinse out with warm water and she'll be as good as new. Don't boil your pieces, it works, but you have a good chance of your piece cracking.

Eis4me
10-04-2003, 02:58
Just wanted to add to my previous post. I have also found that 1 scoop of OxyClean powder (the stuff advertised on TV) cleans a heavily stained glass pipe in about 1-2 hours if put in a jar with warm water and capped. I SWEAR by this method. It works unbelievebly better than alcohol and salt. I do not like using alcohol because of the raunchy stench, and the resin gets all over the place if you aren't careful. You can get OxyClean in the Laundry aisle at the grocery store. ANOTHER GOOD HINT!!! Try using heavy the duty hand cleaner from the auto store, like auto zone, if you ever get resin on your hands. Soap Sux.8(

DJ Sphinx Project
04-06-2003, 09:21
Originally posted by Eis4me
The best way to clean a glass pipe especially one with a lot of curves and bends in it is to:

1. Get an empty mayo jar
2. Fill it with hot water
3. Drop in 2 denture cleaning tabs such as Efferdent
4. Let your glass pipe soak while you're passed out sleeping
5. Wake up, rinse it and let it dry

This will result in a cyrstal clear pipe. This works well if you are traveling and need to clean your glass so well it looks new and never used.

Hmmm dun think the whole 'while you're passed out sleeping' thing would work if the pipe in question was a meth pipe.

=D

carmello
05-06-2003, 00:59
Right on, BA.

Buy some "Formula 420" the stuff is magic.

Halo 99
05-06-2003, 07:27
quick rince with some water (because we are too fucked up to clean it propperly) then the next time we use it clean it out with some hot soapy water and bam ready for smoking...it still stinks a bit but hay. i ususly make a new bong everytime now. i prefer it that way then using a propper one :\

trippLIKEiDo
14-06-2003, 19:53
"Isopropyl alcohol...you can (filter, if desired) & evap it when done & reclaim the good stuff."

in this process, does the purity of the alcohol matter

Mr.Bingersworth
15-06-2003, 01:42
For a fraction of the price of any headshop cleaner cleaner, you can buy cleaner in a hardware store that works almost/just as well. I have heard the product de-solv-it works well. Should be in walmart, do a google search you can find a list of stores that carry it. I have also used rubbing alcohol with a lot of salt with good results.

dfi
06-10-2003, 12:50
sit it on an open flame of a gas stove and watch as every black cooked-on mark dissapears. just be careful when you pick it up.
and its not a quick proccess, just sit it there and wait, it will become brand new.
DfI;)

blacklabel
06-10-2003, 18:48
Originally posted by White Flag
If you're just cleaning to get the resin out so you can smoke it (I'm assuming you're talking about a pipe you use for reefer) then unfolding a paper clip, sticking it into the carb, and jamming it around (not too viciously) and then lightly tapping it, with the mouth-piece facing downwards, on a table edge can get you some big chunks of resin.
If you want to clean it so that its spotless, though, boiling it has always worked quite well for me. Just designate a pot for the pipe since the resin likes to stick to the sides of it and won't come off. If someone has a way to keep the resin that floats to the top from sticking to the pot, please post.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: White Flag ]

LISTEN TO HIM! Why would you use all these cleaners and stupid shit when, if you want it pretty much clean, you can simply boil it. It takes 15 minutes, and you'll get a bunch of resin to smoke. You need to let the resin dry, and it is a bit different than scraped rez (tends to spark and shit when lit, so I normally use a paperclip to get a bunch out then once it ain't coming out too easy I'll boil it, and end up with 3+ bowls of rez), but fuck it gets you high.

If I'm just looking for a little buzz though and am without weed, I'll use the paperclip and jab it in there a bunch of times and shake the chunks out.

Biff Loman
19-10-2003, 18:41
Moving to Cannabis Discussion

Goose
19-10-2003, 19:02
go to your local headshop. they should have something there. we used a product which came in a white bottle with green writing. I forget what it was called..... Dr. Clean or Dr. Greens or something along those lines. Worked great though, totally restored pipes and bongs and other devices back to their orginal luster. Really worked great with glass. It only costs a few bucks and last more than a few cleanings as I remember.

srw96
20-10-2003, 06:44
A pipecleaner of course :) (You know those long thin metal things with furry brissles that they gave us to use in arts and crafts in elementary school)

plazma
20-10-2003, 16:07
I don't know if this is only going to be useful to Australians, but I use Jif (which is a pretty heavy cleaner with bleach and all sorts of shit in it, for scrubbing bathroom surfaces etc) and a stiff toothbrush. As I have a tar-catching bong, getting rid of the large deposits of tar that accumulate on the surface the catcher blows the smoke on is an issue, as they have a tendancy to just smear everywhere. This shit actually basically dissolves it, you do want to rinse the bong out pretty thorougly though.

A lot of my mates also swear by Methylated Spirits and table Salt. Which is basically just another version of the whole alcohol and agitant method.

Cheers.

-plaz out-

Skunkweed
20-10-2003, 19:12
WARNING: Do not use your mom's good pan, after you do this your pan is fucked, save for future usage!!!

Boil the pipe in a pan. The resin will float to top and stick to sides of pan, once pipe is squeeky clean, let the resin stick to the sides, pour the water out into the sink, or outside. Scrape the remaing resin off the sides of the pan and you can either A) Smoke the resin and get fried. B) Save the resin to get high another day C) Throw it away (stupid).

Save your pan, because you'll need it.

Skunkweed
20-10-2003, 19:13
Bleach and shit like that will take some of the color away!!! Use Bong cleaner at the stores if your that lazy.

Sk1ndeep
20-10-2003, 20:08
Rubbing alcohol and a pipe cleaner work just fine for mine, comes out looking like brand new everytime.

I wouldn't waste my money on buyin a cleaner.. however that's just me.

blacklabel
20-10-2003, 20:16
The best way to collect the resin after boiling is to place a coffee filter in a funnel and pour the contents of the pan in there. It will filter and you can set the coffee filter out with the resin on to dry. You can get the pan clean if you scrub a lot with a scotch brite... After I have just done this I find it a good idea to use a paperclip to get any remaining loose chunks out of the pipe.

toxic_fairy
21-10-2003, 21:55
you can use a cotton wool bud thats been soaked in boiling water.

Dr. Funkenstien
04-11-2003, 06:03
Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean

I was a newb to cleaning glass once myself then i discovered the power of oxygen!! Yes my friends oxy-clean. Holy shit I am astounded that no one here uses that stuff. It doesnt mess with the colors at all and all you have to do is watch it clean its self. No pipe cleaner, no shaking, no nothing, just resin boiling out to no end. Be warned that it does have the smell of ages.
And you can use the oxy to clean whatever the resin is on! yeah it fucking rules.

Quick directions: Place small ammount of oxi into desired glass. Put a cup of water in the micro for about 1:30 or until you need a towel to touch the cup. place piece in water and put 1/2 a scoop of oxy in and you are good to go. Try pouring hot water into a bizong with a scoop in it, works wonders. A word of caution, never place hot glass on anything cold or fill with cold water.

frizzantik
04-11-2003, 06:21
oxyclean is the shit for preventing bong water stains.. ive never used it for pieces but ill try it out

Dr. Funkenstien
04-11-2003, 19:06
be sure to let everyone here know your thoughts on it. if it doesnt clean it the water isnt hot enough.

Euphorik
05-11-2003, 01:28
metho + salt.. give it a good shake,

evilcalvin
05-11-2003, 01:42
I soak my glass bits in water and antiseptic for a day, with all the rubber seals removed. Then rinse it like hell.

frizzantik
05-11-2003, 05:39
Originally posted by Dr. Funkenstien
be sure to let everyone here know your thoughts on it. if it doesnt clean it the water isnt hot enough.

i'm gonna try it right now =D

frizzantik
05-11-2003, 06:10
i just tried it.. it doesnt work nearly as well as rubbing alcohol and salt, which is what i had to do after using the oxy

the oxy left quite a bit of the resin coating in the bong, along with small and some large chunks. The bong wasnt clear at all. the alcohol/salt left only a few chunks and is totally clear aside from the res hunks.

Dr. Funkenstien
05-11-2003, 07:52
damn man i dont know what you are doing wrong. was the water boiling in the microwave cup? It has to be hot but not so hot it cracks the cool glass. There should be a swirling white tornado in there and shit boiling out of the down stem for a bit. the way i use it brings my pieces to the state they were purchased in. strange, very strange. i only smoke dank outta it so that might play for something. sorry you cant get it to work. try waiting a bit longer while it works and do the same shake method you use with salt and alchy.

P.S.- I have used the 99.9% isopropal and salt trick and it had nothing on oxy. i have also boiled pieces. I have used oven cleaner. I have tried every god damn way there is and i know for a fact that oxy clean is the best out of all these methods. brand new pieces if done correctly. once again sorry it didnt work for you.

Dr. Funkenstien
05-11-2003, 08:13
Update/Cleaning- after i typed this post i had to be sure that i wasnt crazy and i went and cleaned my chong. First i took the bowl piece and poured a little oxy into it but plugged the bottom. then i shook it with both ends sealed to fill the bowl with dry oxy. took a 16 oz cup of water (i think its 16oz) and microwaved it for 3:00 minutes ( i have a strong microwave, cook time may vary). Removed cup and placed bowl in "boiling" water (you can see it boiling in the microwave). instantly the shit boils on the inside and starts coughing up resin. It is producing bubbles simmilar to milk bubbles but the resin is reinforcing them and the bubbles climb to the rim of the cup. as they pop that awful smell is set loose. in the cup i can see the resin being eaten away to a yellowish state and then totally disappearing. rinse it and it looks new to me.

Next i took the chong and poured a full scoop of oxy into it then added 3:00 min hot water. plugged down stem with a cotton ball and swirled it around so it hits the resin everywhere. rinse it and now i have a piece that shines display quality. i have no idea why this doesnt work for you. you should seriously fuck around with it a bit more and see if you cant get it.

Euphorik
05-11-2003, 08:19
Someone needs to link to BigTrancers bong magic thread that used to be in drug discussion.. can't b bothered finding it.

Splatt
06-11-2003, 11:27
For cleaning my bong I use listerine mouth wash and rice. Just like half a cap, or a cap will do.. the rice helps scratch the grime away and the listerine leaves the bong minty-fresh for the sesh!

Spheris
06-11-2003, 15:45
Use javel water. Fill your bong with it (or just put the pipe in a tupperware filled with javel water) and leave it for a night. Rinse it with hot water and your your bong will shine.

GentlemanLoser
06-11-2003, 18:49
For the bong I use salt and rubbing alcohol. If it's really nasty, one small pot of boiling water and then another round of salt and rubbing alcohol.

But, for my one hitter, I just add water and scrape it onto a piece of rolling paper, and smoke it. But bong resin, I mean the nasty shit that doesn't collect in the slide isn't worth saving. Blech.