PDA

View Full Version : testing purity of cocaine

3MMM
28-01-2004, 06:00
Does anyone know what kind substances they mix the cocaine with that melt over 190 C when you wanna check the purity in it??Coke melts between 190 - 195 C so obvious if they wanna sell you a low-grade they'll mix it up with any of these substances so that you believe it's pure but as a matter of fact it's not

MattPD
28-01-2004, 06:08
Unless you work at a Columbian Cocaine lab, your coke is not pure.

In it's pure form Cocaine HCl is incredibly hygroscopic. This means that it absorbs all the moisture it can from the atmosphere. This property leads to the Cocaine HCl being a soft, wet paste.

This paste is then cut, using different materials to decrease the purity of the Cocaine. Products used to cut Cocaine can include the following or even more esoteric crap:

-Quinine
-Lactose
-Lidocaine
-Procaine
-Laxatives
-Talcum Powder
-Caffeine
-Aspirin
-Different powdered vitamins, including C and the B family
-other active drugs, such as opiates or amphetamines1

Finally the drug is dried, since it is no longer so pure as to have major hygroscopic properties, and shipped to wherever it's going.

The next person who receives the Cocaine will likely cut it again, and so on down the line, leading the purity of any sample to be in question.

Average purity can vary from 30-75, but usually averages to around 50-60 percent.1

1-Cocaine use in Amsterdam in non-deviant subcultures. Cohen, Peter.

**Sorry, I just cut and pasted that from my phpFAQ entry.**

So, anyways, those are the normal cuts, I'm not going to look up there melthing points for you though.

uenjymyself
28-01-2004, 08:38
3mmm, coke isent tested by iit's melting points, thats just hollywood bullshit...evrything matt pasted is on target in the end it dosent matter much its ogin to be low quality just about anywherein the states/europe.

mike32110
28-01-2004, 08:57
i'm thinking of going to columbia after grad and doing mad amounts of blow... how pure is it there usually? and any idea on prices?

i'm hoping around $3-4 a gram for the pure shit ;)

uenjymyself
28-01-2004, 09:10
^yeah that sounds like a good plan, just head on right down to the nearest suspicous looking cat in the ghetto,i'm sure youll do fine..clolumbians love giving coke away to gringos.

ebeneezer_geeza
28-01-2004, 14:49
lol^.

yeah gr8 idea, you'll meet some very trustworthy ppl, who will be only happy to give a stranger to their land the very best at a fraction of the cost. Also watch out for the one who wont even give u anything but away to a man in dark glasses and uniform demanding $$ or he will lock your ass up with some nice guys in gaol.

JTMarlin
28-01-2004, 20:21
Why dont you just spend $20 on some test tubes, ammonia, and muriatic acid and make your coke pure, instead of risking death in Colombia?

-=ReD-hAzE=-
28-01-2004, 23:29
Because an adventure into Columbia to steal coke from drug lords would probably provide for a more exilerating adventure. 8) Duhh...

Pasilda Nacera
08-03-2004, 07:38
So if you actually had pure uncut coke, it wouldn't be powder? So it would be a paste?

JTMarlin
08-03-2004, 08:01
Yes, unless you put it under a heatlamp and dried it and then put it in an airtight container. Another option is recrystallizing it as Cocaine Sulphate so it's not as hygroscopic.

Pasilda Nacera
08-03-2004, 08:30
I did some coke yesterday which seemed to be really smooth yesterday. When i snorted it , it felt like snorting air and it got me really good, what do you think it was cut with.

JTMarlin
08-03-2004, 09:03
Noone could possibly tell you. The best stuff I've ever had had an acidy-like burn when snorted with very little drain, was chunky but soft, and was crystally under bright lights. That was the best stuff I've done.

redeemer
09-03-2004, 18:19
Not sure if it's just a rumour... but i heard that cocaine sometimes contain small pieces of glass that will rip up the veins in you nose and the the cocaine goes right into your blood.
For me that sounds a bit strange since the coke can be cut and contain all kinds of chemicals that wouldn't be good in your blood....

Anyone heard of that?

MattPD
09-03-2004, 20:11
I'm sure it's happened agt least once before, most things have...however this myth has circulateed with othe such drugs like heroin, and The Gaurdian has reported that the govt. has NEVER tested a sample of heroin with glass in it...so I think it's mainly myth.

Trust me, if you snorted ground glass, no matter how fine, you'd know and never go back to that dealer...

azret
09-03-2004, 22:06
It was said in this post that melting is only a "movie" test, if this is true then what would be a good way to test the purity of coke?

also, it's off topic here but how would you test the purity of mdma? (not in pill form but in powder form)

MaliceNwunderland
09-03-2004, 23:07
Originally posted by mike32110

I've purchased very high quality cocaine in several South and Meso American countries for *a very cheap price* a gram. It can be sketchy, but what drug deal isn't?

It's funny that some people on this thread want to talk about Hollywood bullshit in regards to testing coke, when at the same they are buying into American proganda and thinly veiled racism about all Latinos being blood thirsty, kidnapping, gringo haters.

herb311
11-03-2004, 03:55
Originally posted by MaliceNwunderland
I've purchased very high quality cocaine in several South and Meso American countries for $1USD a gram. It can be sketchy, but what drug deal isn't?

It's funny that some people on this thread want to talk about Hollywood bullshit in regards to testing coke, when at the same they are buying into American proganda and thinly veiled racism about all Latinos being blood thirsty, kidnapping, gringo haters.

Dont forget about them pesky negros!!! (Kidding!!! KIDDING!!!)

bowdenta
12-03-2004, 09:31
when it comes to coke, you can't trust people of any race.

i mean obviously we all know that blacks and latinos cannot be trusted with it, (I'm just joking as well) but white people will fuck you over just as quickly in the coke game (thats the point at I'm getting at)

i guess its true to some degree for any drug. but people kill and suck dick because of coke a lot more often. i mean come on, have you ever sucked a dick for weed?

JTMarlin
16-03-2004, 15:25
Boo THAT man! lol

SPUNK
16-03-2004, 17:06
There are a couple gringo-friendly hotels/resorts in Columbia where I hear most of the ppl just come to hang out and do lots of good,cheap coke. But ive also heard that its pretty dangerous to try and score outside of these hotels. not b/c latinos are scary or whatever, probably b/c they feel disrespected when rich white people come to their country and walk all over it looking for coke.

Piper methysticum
16-03-2004, 17:22
I have had very high purity Cocaine, though I can say it definitely wasn't 100% pure. However, the few times I got Cocaine that was very high quality, the hygroscopic properties were VERY noticable. When I went to flatten a clump, it flattens into a pasty texture, and sticks to everything. You have to watch what surface you put it on too because if there is any amount of moisture at all, it turns back into a paste rather quickly. Also, a small 1 1/2 inch line was all it took to get reasonably high. The numbing properties were more apparant as well.

17-03-2004, 00:04
Originally posted by mike32110
i'm thinking of going to columbia after grad and doing mad amounts of blow... how pure is it there usually? and any idea on prices?

i live in peru (close enough) and you score 2.5grams of pretty pure shit (couldnt tell you specifically but this stuff FUCKS YOU UP, in a good way) **for some price that I wont talk about in this forum because PRICE DISCUSSION IS NOT ALLOWED!!!**MPD

Grignard
18-03-2004, 09:27
Actually melting point can be used to somewhat analyze the purity of coke. Even if you mix two compounds with similar melting points together, the observed melting point will most likely be lower and much more broad than if you took the melting point of a pure sample of either compound (though there are exceptions to that rule). However this depression generally tends to be the largest and broadest when the compounds are in a 1 to 1 mixture (again, there are exceptions), so if you had a mixture of coke and some other compound that melted at or within a few degrees of it, you would most likely get the same results if you had a lot of coke and very little other compound or if you had a lot of other compound and very little coke.

But then again melting point is not meant to be the be all and end all of testing. It just gives you a bit more information that in conjuction with other information you have can allow you to make a better educated guess as to what you've got.

Dicetylmorphine
22-09-2004, 12:33
Yeah, in my experience, which I would like to say is at least relatively broad, coke (and the very few meth heads I've seen) addicts will sink lower for their dope than any other type of fiend. Just what I've seen though, not a universal truth, I hope.

Bad_Boy_Blue
22-09-2004, 16:07
Since street drugs drugs are almost always cut with things that aren't exactly healthy, for harm reduction's sake, it's best to synthesise your own drugs. Then you can be sure of the purity.

MattPD
22-09-2004, 17:44
Originally posted by Dicetylmorphine
Yeah, in my experience, which I would like to say is at least relatively broad, coke (and the very few meth heads I've seen) addicts will sink lower for their dope than any other type of fiend. Just what I've seen though, not a universal truth, I hope.

Um...ok...and what is your point? What does this have to do with the thread you're responding too?

I'm confused...

Since street drugs drugs are almost always cut with things that aren't exactly healthy, for harm reduction's sake, it's best to synthesise your own drugs. Then you can be sure of the purity.

Yeah, if you have the knowledge...and the right precursors...and the connections to get those precursors without getting rightousely busted and the correct safe facilities to synth those drugs in...and the legal knowledge to conceal all this drug making that's going on...get my point?

Bad_Boy_Blue
22-09-2004, 18:27
^ For certain ('extremely pleasureable') drugs, I really don't think it's as difficult as you're making it out to be, especially if you have a basic knowledge of chemistry.

MattPD
22-09-2004, 18:38
Yes, we all know of your love of GHB, now please stop promoting illegal activities.

Bad_Boy_Blue
22-09-2004, 19:15
I'm sorry!