• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Kief Grinders.

CreationRebel

Bluelighter
Does anyone here use a kief grinder? My friend dropped a bill on one. It looks really tight but I just don't know if it's worth the price. How is smoking kief btw?

Dude, I dont know about other people but your slang makes no sense to me, i'm Australian. Do you mean Kief, as in Kiff? (Leaf) .. "Dropped a bill on one", what does that mean- that he bought one? (ie, dropped a money bill on one??)

And lastly, if you're referring to leaf, then it's absolute crap to smoke, don't bother.

Can you maybe write it with a bit less slang so others from other countries can contribute and help, thanks

ahh sorry lol, let me explain myself.

Kief meaning the crystals (thc)
a bill meaning 100 us dollars

What happens with this keif grinder is that you put your bud in it, grind it up and the grinded bud drops down through these holes and it falls on to a screen. It's a very fine screen so only the crystals will go through the screen and the bud stays ontop. After like a week of grinding your bud, the crystals collect and you can scrap it (the kief) and smoke a bowl of pue kief.

Well, the kief grinder/shaker/collector, is mostly used for making hash out of the collected trichomes/crystals/resin by using a press. For this, your friend has to "drop another bill" (not exactly, but it costs money too :)). Ofcourse you could also just smoke it, but that's not really the idea behind it. The left over buds can be used to make green dragon or you could use it for cooking.

yes, buy one, they're awesome... but don't spend some exorbitant price like 100 bucks on it, they should go for around 40 or 50. if i were you, i'd freebase the kif on some tin foil, as it gets you STONED!! and i mean STONED man, like oldschool high style. you can also roll your buds around in it, it jacks up the potency

also, you can put the kif in little crack sacks and sell them to stupid little kids for like 40 bucks.

why waste good kief, just sell em sugar and tell em its coke. just kidding. just kidding.

you bluelighters are crazy! should have gone to overgrow hoh :p

anyways how do you go about pressing the hash?

When you press kif together at warm temperatures, it creates hash.

As for the kif grinder, they sell those for like 30-50 bucks around here. Your homie got ripped off. But kif grinders are definately the shit, every stoner who smokes blunts, joints, or out of a vaporizer NEEDS to have one.

I must say these are a must for every true nugget smoker. Here in MN you can get several different styles but third stone I found had the best here. The lower end models at other stores are 30 bucks but look cheap, I bought one for 50 that is tits. Beveled edges, holds about an 1/8, I also saw ones there that go for 100-200 bucks but who needs to kief an ounce at once ya know? Anyhow, I usually just pack a little bowl put keif in then put more chronic on it..

I don't have a press but I press my trichomes into hash anyway, it's not that hard. You basically just need a very mild heat source (just above body temperature would work, for instance) and a lot of weight for compression.

Sometimes I wrap the powder up tight in the kind of paper your mom uses to make the cakes not stick to the plate in the oven (I have no idea what it's called, but it's very non-stick so you can easily get the hash off - you can also use some plastics but NOT cling wrap or such stuff that just gets mixed up with your product because you can't peel it off).

After that I wrap it up in some tin foil. Then I either put it in my shoe and take a walk ("Sole Hash") or I slowly and gently heat the package and then place it under heavy books and jump up and down on it a bit - then I remove it and re-heat before pressing it again, etc. etc.

This can go on for a while and looks rather silly - but it works =D

--- G.

you can even hand press kif into hash, which alot of people like to do. kif seems to be more trippy loike high then hash because the hash gets oxidized and converts THC to CBN and the like

Anyone care to PM me a brand name for these "kief grinders" , I've just been using a coffee grinder and scraping the insides for kief......

Im in the UK, I know keif as 'skuff' which is what I beleive most coffee shops in amsterdam also refer to it as.

I use a Space Case grinder, which cost 45 pounds. Its made unbeleivably well, and skuff is quite simply the strongest, finest high I've ever experienced, real 'daaaamn thats some good shit' stuff.

As I never have huge amounts of trichomes collected, I tend to use clingfilm, wrap the skuff up into a flat rounded shape and twist the clingfilm shut, then press down hard with anything metal and flat.

I can serisouly reccomend such a grinder to the discerning smoker who seeks the occasional mind blowing smoke.

Plus it grinds your green up a treat!

yeah my friend has the Space Case. I was really impressed on how easy and nice it grinds up the weed, I was just shocked at the price was all :p

IMO, Anyone who considers themself a pothead, wether bigtime or more 'here and there', everybody should invest in a big sized kief grinders.

But beware of the immitators. You want the type of grinder that has 3 departments, #1 is where u take the top off/put your bud in, after twisting it a few times, the 2nd department is the top piece you screw off that catches all the leaf/stem from getting through to your broken up chronic, and the 3rd department would of course be the bottom where the kief is collected. In theory grinding your weed in there will leave u with some kief chrystals b/c of the screen, but if you Really wanna get your kief together, rub your crown nugs, or a few, over the screen and it piles up/starts to look exactly like some really good dope(Heroin).

Once youve gotten a whole bunch of it, put it in plastic n press it into a hard disk/ball, use alot of weight pressure and some heat.

Or just save your money and get a vaporizer...

Original poster: your buddy sure got ripped off. Good quality kief grinders can easily be obtained for 30 dollars. Even so they're not as efficient as they'd have you think, because you're robbing bud of its trichomes. A vaporizer is much more efficient, high wise and money wise.

its not robbing the trichomes if you are collecting them to throw on every other bowl. the kief box is a better investment, i think. Just keep large amounts in a jar, transfer a few days smokage into the box, keep repeating.... before you know it you'll have mountains of kief