• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

difficulty urinating while on painkillers

chloe1979

Bluelighter
does anyone know why this happens? the first time it happened to me i was on oxycontin and it took me like 20 minutes to be able to pee!
now i am on vicodin because of some dental work i need done next week - and im having the same problem!
what gives?
(sorry if this grosses anyone out, but i have to know)
its almost like my body forgot how to pee. its most annoying.

I get that with poppy tea, but not so much from synthetic opiates. But yes, I'd say it is normal.

yes i have this problem on oxys not vicodin though. Not wen im on the drug but wen im comin off of it i tense up a lot. Usually the morning after i have to turn on the hot water and put my hand in it. I think its cuz your so relaxed while on it your body tenses up wen u come off it.

Yeah, all opiates are antidiuretic(i.e. you retain water and dont piss).. The higher the dose the more pronounced the effect... If you were a guy Id reccomend sitting down to pee(this helps me at least) but your not, so all i can say is concentrate!
Also, if you start using regularly, your "excretory" systems seem to all but funtion.

^^^*frown* ain't that the truth. I've noticed that more than the urination problem.

they dehydrate you very quickly and retain water. So thats why its hard to pee, just drink a lot of water.

weird. i guess im not alone in my constipeetion. (as my girlfriend would say)
lol@ concentrate. my problem is i do, than i space out, than 10 minutes have gone by with me just sitting there. i must look like a dope ;) cause i feel like one when i snap out of it.

It's a problem to P, but just hang loose for a few hours, and the physicality of it will make you have to micturate just because you have to

^^^^^^I dont know.. its not always that easy... Ill have trouble pissing well into the next day.. Quite embarrassing to be standing at a urinal for 10 minutes.
Just think happy thoughts!

sitting down to pee
hahahha. when my gf saw me doing this she couldnt stop laughing and thought i was trying some female emphathising. I also have the taps on in a trickle effect, still doesnt always work. i have a carafe (paul mason wine bottle) next to my bed, so i dont have to get up in the night when its freezing cold to wait 20 mins. However, dont try this at home ppl as once an alcoholic friend of mine came into my room and thought it was wine and drank it. Ooops i didnt seem to find the time to warn him.

Optiates especially strong ones like dilaudid morphine and fentanyl but still hydro oxy and even codeine causes difficulty peeing and pooping . Best bet is don’t guzzle water it probley won’t help and can mess you up since you can’t run it through your system but for the pee problem try a quick hot shower a bit after some water and still softeners for poop issues but as always it’s best to talk to the prescribing physician or your primary care doc