Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: The Believer

Mysterier

Administrator
Staff member
Great movie with Ryan Gosling about a modern day "Jewish" nazi.

The first 5 - 10 mins are ok, the part where he beats up the jew (not that its a good thing) but the whole scene an eye opener. Jews have it pretty rough if that trutly how they are treated. The rest of the movie was so plain.. alot of talk.

I think "American History X" was much better.

i thought this movie was really amazing. i just watched it last night and it had me riveted.

the scenes where he talks with his girlfriend about religion and god were really insightful.

the movie was as much about religion and spirituality as racism and did a good job of showing how intense and mystifying subjects they are.

the scene where he talks about how the real reason for hate and bigotry isnt really based on any accute reasons but is just more of a knee-jerk reaction and gut feeling was no less than profound for me, as was his observation that the word "jew" never loses its meaning no matter how many times you say it like most words do. It also occurred to me that neither does the word "god".

the scene where he was arguing with the holocaust survivors was very intense as well.

and the ending was sort of mindblowing as well but i wont spoil it.

i could keep going on and on about this movie, its really one i wish i saw with someone else and could have a really long cool conversation about it with them.

see it thats all i can say

oh yeah, and his girlfriend was fucking HOT