• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

11:11 eleven eleven & reccuring numbers...

punktuality

Bluelighter
My last girlfriend one day pointed out to me that she always saw reoccurring numbers, and in particular 11:11. She said she saw them almost every day and that it was almost scary how much it happened. At first I passed this of as cocoincidencebut then something happened... It started happening to me. At first it was on clocks, or vcr's or microwaves... anything with a digital display... I would see it all the time! I still partially wrote it off to cocoincidenceut the rereoccurrenceecame more frequent to a point where I could no longer believe this was cocoincidence

The most freaky iincidentis as follows:

I was driving home from her house and looked at the time on my watch...you guessed it 11:11pm.... at that instance I pulled up at some traffic lights behind a car with the number plate [ 1.111 ] now totally spooked I keep driving and as I am driving a streetlight glares into my window and illuminates my phone in the passenger seat which almost blinds me and I look down and the time on my phone was 11:11........ oh... and this all happened on the 11th of November.... I also realised the next day that I had bought a ticket to a festival which cost $111.10. Thats 5 1111 occurences in one day...... tell me that is ccoincedence...

Upon doing some research on the net I found a plethora of information on the very subject... there are a number of theories, the two most common are:

people who see 11:11 or other reoccurring numbers are known as lightworkers, guides on earth to help mankind find the true path...I am not so keen on this idea as it is a little religious for my liking.

the other common theory (some theories overlap the two concepts aswell) is that 1111 or more correctly 4 straight lines in a row |||| is a symbol programed into us on a spiritual level by the universe. At heart we are all spiritual creatures beyond this flesh body, and the symbol is a reminder of that truth. Like a cosmic passcode to the spiritual realm. I like this concept and in part believe it, even if just to make myself happy. Whenever I see 1111 I am reminded of my spirituality and even if it is just acoincidencee I am happy for it.

Is there anyone else who experiences this or similar phenomenons? Any theories on what it could mean.... It happens far to often to becoincidencee...

damn... you're starting to get me VERY scared! i always see XX'99 in shopping centers all the time as well!

Yeah it happens to me all the time too. It is very freaky and I'm still struggling to find meaning behind it. I'm definetly not trying to look for triple numbers or 11:11 but they appear all the time now. When I was little they never seemed to be as aggressive in their occurance as they are today. It kinda pisses me off cos it feels as if something is drawing me to be in a stiuation that I might not otherwise be in, and to show that, all the triple number co-incidences will occur like the ones that you stated above.

Its weird and tireing....and that's on top of a general drug induced paranoia that I sometimes deal with.

Last edited:
i had a roomie do the same shit..l.

the thing is with anything..once u start paying attention, once you start looking for it, u see it everywhere

kinda related, but not really... i heard that u can make wishes on numbers like that.. e.g. 5:55 or 11:11.. so i do when i see those sort of times... just a dumb little superstision.

I read somewhere that 11:11 have some type of spiritual significance, on some newage website. Since then I have been noticing it, but not all the time. Maybe a few times a month. Dunno, maybe you just focus or train yourself to look at a clock at a certain time, just like you can to wake up at a certain time.

I have thought about the possibility of training yourself to be alert at those times but disgarded it.... i have say 10 digital clocks/readouts in my house... all slightly different times? its near impossible.... i see it at least once a day, usually 2 or 3..... and not just clocks....it can come on anything.

kinda weird isnt it - like your walking a path or something ;)

A bunch of people with their head in the clouds...

Did it not occur to you, punktuality, that you didn't start seeing 11:11 until your girlfriend pointed it out to you? You started seeing the number so much because you were unconsciously, and consciously aware of the number. So whenever the number occured, you naturally just noticed it. I'm the same way for the time 12:34, 10:01 and the numbers 18, and 188. I see those numbers constantly because those numbers have signifigance for me, so I naturally notice those numbers whenever they are in my line of sight. Its not like those numbers started magically appearing in reality more, its just that you started noticing it more. If you payed attention to every possible combination of 3 and 4 digit numbers, you would probably see alot of reoccurring numbers, probably almost the same amount as 11:11.

To see what I mean, just make a mental note of the time you stopped reading this reply I did. You will probably end up noticing that number alot too. Its not mysticism at work here, its just your brain.

Believe me... i have thought of that.. i have tried writting it off to pure coincedence and my mind being more aware of it...

The occurances are freakishly regular and happen at the strangest of places.

Sightings of 1111 or 4 straight lines as a mystic symbol have been recorded long before digital readouts were invented. I used to be the biggest sceptic of all... believe me. It is also an interesting fact that many crop circles contain four straight lines in the patterns........ not that i believe in that.

This is a classic symptom of psychotic/schizoid behaviour, like in that A Beautiful Mind movie.

The Law of Fives:
Fives are everywhere in nature and our surroundings.
The harder you look, the more you'll find,

The Law of Sixes:
Sixes are everywhere in nature and our surroundings.
The harder you look, the more you'll find.

The Law of x's: [where x = any arbitrary abstract concept used to describe existence]
x's are everywhere in nature and our surroundings.
The harder you look the more you'll find.

Last edited:
I have not seen beutiful mind but I did see the documentary on the guy. He would look at newspapers and government secret messages would stand out. Which is wierd, but if you look into espionage you'll see newspapers are sometimes used for passing along info since they are common objects. interesting but not neccesarily related. That guy did not really get heavily screwed up until they started using extreme electroshock theropy as was the practice in those days. Anyway, a guy I know is schitzo, he went around to different psychologists and the ones that didnt want to dope him up for life actually told him to try meditaition and stuff to get control of his inner processes. Maybe the world is changing. Though skitzaphrenia is serious and should be treated by professionals, saying that I dont think that all spiritual experiences can be dismissed as mental illnesses. And just cause you notice certain things doesnt mean you should be doped up.

Last edited:
w00t, you just named my numbersss(12:34, 10:01, and 18), and to make matters worse, I can find something that refers to me being the devil`s son, my name is Joost(Dutch name), meaning of that name is"Devil`s son"(from those dictionaries that tell you what your name means, what are they called again??), I was born on the 18th(3x6) live on number 6. All this became visible to me when I was 18.

Not that I believe it or anything, I was stoned and reading that dictionary, and this thoughtprocess was what came into my mind. I never believed it, just thought it was funny to think about it, just letting my mind wander when stoned...

haha, I think I`m beginning to like this forum, it`s philosophical and I can get real stoned and let people know about my theories, not that I believe any of them, but something`s got to keep my mind busy right??

punktuality said:
Believe me... i have thought of that.. i have tried writting it off to pure coincedence and my mind being more aware of it...

The occurances are freakishly regular and happen at the strangest of places.

Sightings of 1111 or 4 straight lines as a mystic symbol have been recorded long before digital readouts were invented. I used to be the biggest sceptic of all... believe me. It is also an interesting fact that many crop circles contain four straight lines in the patterns........ not that i believe in that.

Big deal if 1111 is a common occurence throughout history. Green is the most commonly viewed color in the world, but do people flip out everytime they see green? (hehe, I actually know what girl that does, its funny). Maybe 1111 is more common than other numbers, but every category of things has one thing that is the most common, for colors its green.

You're over-thinking this way to much. Numbers are nothing more than a human invention, like words, so its not like they have some divine meaning or anything, they are just another human creation. What you are obsessing on is like a person who is thinking they're seeing divine meanings because they see more telivisions than any other electronic devices.

"coincidences are always weird. that's why they're called coincidences."

- i don't remember who that quote is from, but i found it amusing.

on a related note, i had an ex-roommate who was obsessed with 11:11. he was always pointing it out. this guy, however, found gabber relaxing, made soup from peanut butter and would go off to car alarms and the test tone on tvs...

I think you are awareness is just tuned for such patterns in your environment.

Is it just me or is 420 EVERYWHERE?

"coincidences are always weird. that's why they're called coincidences."

The Life of David Gale.

its funny, but i'm the only one of my friends who has seen this movie. Yet, i always overhear people talking about it at the pub, street and (now) internet lately.

Is it significant that i should notice in a thread relating to reoccurrences?

Not really, if i hadn't of liked the movie. i wouldnt have noticed. If my friends end up seeing it, then i can have the long awaited discussion about it, then i can stop bothering the good people at the local.

As for the thread, the quote is a natural progression for this sort of discussion.

Void- Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should be doping anybody up. I'm a firm believer that our modern approach to mental health is most archaic and that so-called diseases such as schizophrenia are more likely spiritual crises, needing the attention of a spiritual guide rather than a psychiatrist armed with drugs. I was interested to read awhile ago that it is suspected that the gene mutation which lead to our development of higher language also left us vulnerable to psychosis and schizophrenia. This, coupled with the relationship psilocybin has with the language centres of the brain, leads me to conclude that language plays a fundamental role in what we call reality, which is why enlightenment techniques invariably work on turning off the language stream in our minds.

So I really do believe that such states are poorly misunderstood, and need to be recognised on a different level. But I also feel that people need to be wary of manifestations such as what the initial poster was reporting as they are symptoms of this thing we call psychosis, and while it may very well be that these illnesses are misdiagnosed spiritual occurences, the fact remains that without proper guidance and counselling they have the potential to be quite devestating, as anybody who has had dealings with a non-functioning schizophrenic will know.

This is in much the same vein as my distaste for Castaneda, I feel that unguided spirituality can be dangerous for the individual. This is why, in prehistoric times, it was left to the shamanic class. And why Buhddist traditions such as Mahayana have very strict rituals for preparing an initiate, so as they don't become lost in the worlds they traverse and are prepared for the demons they will face. Even Zen, with its focus on shock enlightenment without the cumbersome aid of ritual preperation, still is practiced under the guidance of a trained master.

I don't mean to come across as dismissive or condescending, but I feel that people need to be aware of the risks that confront them and not to approach such things lightheartedly...

But that's just my $0.02 :)