• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

snorting kief / crystals / thc

alostlittlebird

Bluelighter
Ok, most of us know the science behind why this should not work. THC is not water soluble, especially in the form of bound plant matter or trichromes, and should not be absorbed by mucus membranes. Also, heat activation is necessary before it is even ingested. So, snorting kief or dust or crystals or whatever you want to call it seems like a lame idea to me when you could just smoke it, BUT...

I am intrigued by the growing number of people who say they have done this and that it got them high. How was it prepared? What were the effects, how long did they last, and all that? Has anyone actually done this from baseline and noticed a remarkable high that could not be construed as placebo? I've read everything old i could find on the topic...

Who just wants to post because they hate this rumor? :)

I don't know much about this tbh. Some experience reports would be good though!

(I've heard of snorting a certain tobacco btw)

There are reports of tribes in the Southern parts of Africa using a snuff made with cannabis and other herbs before going into battle - but I kind of doubt they put the mixture through much scientific rigour. More likely "big chief witch doctor say this make boom boom - we agree this make boom boom!" or whatever.

--- G.

what are sniffers then? I've seen them sold in head shops and online, I assumed it was for cock but aperently it's fro grass?!

The sniffers sold at headshops are "supposed" to be used for snuff, the legal tobbaco product. It's just like bongs, they are "supposed" to be used for tobbaco, but everyone smokes bud through them... just like people use sniffers to snort cocaine/meth/whatever.

Ahh, I love loopholes :)

alostlittlebird said:
I am intrigued by the growing number of people who say they have done this and that it got them high. How was it prepared? What were the effects, how long did they last, and all that?

Me too. Would really like to know in full detail how this was done. Anyone care to elaborate and not only come in here and say something like; " I got fucking ripped snorting crystals ".. Just describe everything what happened in detail svp.

Has anyone actually done this from baseline and noticed a remarkable high that could not be construed as placebo?

You can't ask this, some people don't know how a placebo effect works and describe that what they experience, as the high they get from snorting trichomes. I still think it's just a powerful placebo.. :\

LOL fuck I ALWAYS Spell Coke, Cock lol I dunno why to much cyber sex I guess..
Kidding.
I dont mind the smell of weed but to put it in a little vile and sniff it lol It is for coke then, thats what I thought.

I say it's placebo too. I hung out with a group of youner stoners last year that though drinking bong water would get you fucked up. I saw 3 of them drink bong water....I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth. Or maybe it's just too funny to stop ;) All of them said they get "fucked up" from it.

i dont see why anyone would bother snorting when smoking is a quicker route of administration. usually you have to smoke less of a substance to get an equal high as well.

AdrenalinX said:
I say it's placebo too. I hung out with a group of youner stoners last year that though drinking bong water would get you fucked up. I saw 3 of them drink bong water....I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth. Or maybe it's just too funny to stop ;) All of them said they get "fucked up" from it.

hilarious

bet it did fuck them up, in an unpleasant way ;)

i suppose that snorting a line of trichromes from a marijuana plant would be enticing enough to get someone high even if it is a placebo

can placebo also produce physical changes as well, heart rate or blood pressure for instance? or eye redness, if someone were to try this purely to see the effects they could check their eyes

your nasal membranes are incredibly senstive and its not uncommon for even dust yo cause some ones eyes to water let alon THC crystals, there for i dont think you could tell as it wud interfere with the eyes any how...

There has been a good deal of debate on the placebo effect and it's not really a well understood phenomenon. But according to popular thinking these days it can indeed produce physical reactions - how extreme this can get is more debatable.

Some claims have been made along the lines of placebo actually curing illness or speeding up recovery time or producing other remarkable measurable physical reactions - but there you are stepping into murkier waters.

--- G.

Placebo can produce physical reactions. I've seen something on the Discovery channel about a man that was cured from a rare disease called elephantiasis (or something :) ) with the oh so powerful placebo pills, containing nothing but binders. There were some other cases as well, but can't remember those. Placebo is like a big magic trick..

I've calmed friends down (from panicky/anxiety states/heart rates...) by giving them vitament suppliments saying it was valium.

I really doubt snroting does fuck all, snorting anything makes yuor head rush for a few minutes, and thinking it does something will certainly bring placebo effects on.. If it did work,. it would be probably a few hours after when it is being abosrbed in the stomach from the drip etc... Then again there's the argumwent of heat-activation. Maybe only certain cannabinoids would cause effects.

Say what you want.... Eating bud alone, with no heat activation, with no butter, WORKS. I don't see why snorting keif is any different ? It just goes down into your stomach like a normal bud! What is so hard for you people to understand???