• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting Methadone?

Never snort methadone. It will always hurt and damage your nasal interior. I've done it in the past...and regret it. My nose is shit, I believe, as a direct result. Swallow them ! The effects take a bit to kick in but they last a long ass time.

They take the same amount of time! oral, nasal, or IV...

Check your facts before you post! Methadone has a half life of 24-36 hours. And, half life has A LOT to do with how long it lasts....

With the internet at my disposal and two close relatives who go to methadone clinics, I deffinitely have the correct facts. And when I say a half life has nothing to do with how long somthing lasts, I mean it doesn't last as long as it's half life.

Unless you are saying the effects of methadone last close to two days...=P

There are actually alot of medications that have longer half lives then others, and the effects still don't last as long. So using a half life isn't a very accurate source of how long somthing lasts, it can give you a broad idea though.

They take the same amount of time! oral, nasal, or IV...

Well right exactly. Point being that there is no reason to not want to just swallow it. It's painfree and takes the same amount of time to kick in.

ya dones are not to be snorted or anything else, just eat it.. and ya u can build a huge tolerance.. i started at 10mg and bumped up to 60-70mg in a month.. the are gud 4 withdrawls, if u just wanna sit still and not feel like u wanna jump outta ur skin!

What I want to know is why nobody's talking about dissolving their methadone?

Snorting is definitely out, man. Useless waste of medicine and ruins your nose, we're all pretty much agreed. I don't IV anything. I've been known to plug/push my MS Contin, they're also useless to snort. I still snort my oxy 30mgs sometimes though, it's a subliminal thing, really. I realize now the BA is diminished so am going to think about changing up, but I get 240 of them a month th, so I'll still snort 1 or 2 of them a day, probably.

Just went back on the Methadone-- by choice. The MS Contin wasn't doing it for me- no pain relief. Alas, read a thread here about plugging them when I was down to like, 3 pills; so the last three of them I really, really enjoyed! But today was a toss-up. I no longer have insurance, so by the time I self-pay at the doctor, then the pharmacy and a $50 cab ride (I live in the middle of NOWHERE) I'm broke. Today I was really short on cash. I needed something I could afford to fill right away, today, because I've been out of meds about 2 days and would've been puking sick by this afternoon.

So I asked my doc to put me back on the Methadone. It's ridiculously cheap. 240 of them cost me $30- can you believe it? I pay $300 for my oxys and was paying $170 for the MS Contin. So, I'll fill my Oxys on Thursday when my check comes and until then, got my Methadone.

They work great for me. As someone else said, one 10mg tab lasts all day if you're running low. I was on these things before, couple years back (90mg a day) so my tolerance for these things is pretty good. I NEVER snort them. I've never plugged them. I dissolve them in some water water and just shoot em back. I find they kick in a little quicker that way.

I used to drink up 120mg cocktails and nod blissfully all night long. Since I've been off them a while, I'm starting slow; chewed 2 outside the pharmacy, waiting for the cab, then dissolved another 50 mg when I got home. I went from sick as hell to right as rain.

So, to encapsulate, that's my vote: dissolve the methadone in a little warm water- not a lot, it doesn't taste so hot, yo.

Agree. I would also like to know, how many of us have actually tried this, and therefore we know !? haha

I've actually done it more than once. Its pretty unpleasant, not many drugs burn like that (but I havent snorted any RCs, I hear some of those get painful too). But when you're in withdrawal, all you have is methadone, and you don't think your stomach will keep the pill down for an hour, sometimes you end up railing the methadone against your better judgment anyway.

Why do you think Methadone is the main drug offered in state sponsored detox and maintenance the world over? Because it DOESN'T give the big buzz and CAN'T easily be abused by using a non-intended ROA

Don't use methadone recreationally if you are not opioid tolerant already, and even then don't make it your first choice. It is best for maintenance under prescription and doesn't take kindly to abuse- abscesses, OD's and other problems are likely.

The oral bioavailability of this substance makes it STUPID to snort or shoot. (24 hour party people excluded.) Physeptone pill-shooting causes major problems just like dike or mst (which are worth shooting sometimes for rush/bioavailability unlike Phy). Methadone Mixture shooting (1mg/1ml, the normal green type) is a problem too because of the thick syrup clogging veins. Sugar free meth and 10mg/ml are theoretically shooting-friendly but there is no reason to (and with 1 in 1 you would need a huge syringe to get a decent dose in.)

The main reason for ampoules is A) for very severe pain needing quick relief and B) for a needle fixation. There is no physiological reason why amps are superior to liquid phy mixture.

I've been prescribed methadone 10mg q4d for the past 3 years. I usually eat 40 to 60 mgs then snort 20 mgs at a time throughout the day. I don't keep score, but I probably end up taking a total of 100 mgs or more, per day, til I get low on supply. Then I back off to 10 to 20 mgs per day til my renewal comes in. Probably a dangerous thing to do, but I get high as a fly in a gluebag!

I've actually done it more than once. Its pretty unpleasant, not many drugs burn like that (but I havent snorted any RCs, I hear some of those get painful too). But when you're in withdrawal, all you have is methadone, and you don't think your stomach will keep the pill down for an hour, sometimes you end up railing the methadone against your better judgment anyway.

This is more or less the only time I have ever even considered railing methadone aside from a time when I didn't know what "bio-availability" was and just assumed anything taken orally was 10 times better if I snort it! I was wrong, shit burns and is much more painfully intense as the 2C-I I have tried via the same mechanism; maybe not as intense but after 20m of 8/10 pain you will be lucky to get even marginal relief from a saline flush of your nasal sinuses. I deplore you not to try this, there are more applicable and less painful ways of going about getting your methadone fast. One of these I use on occasion is plugging a solution assuming you have tablets.

While it is well known plugging a solution can make it last longer than taking it intra-nasally; it might not hold you the full 24h if you are on MMT. Luckily I am on a prescription and can take some more or less when I want assuming my mom is lenient enough to hand a couple out as I have asked her to limit me by placing them in her safe; but thats another matter. As for plugging, I tend to be able to start enjoying the affects of the methadone much faster in comparison to oral administration. I try to time oral use and plugged preparations so that they can both "hit" me at the same time, so I will typically take about 1/2-3/5th my dose orally and wait maybe 45m-90m to plug the rest. Even plugged without the oral addition I will often use it when I need to sleep and pain is keeping me from that, and can't wait another hour or so for it to come on. It usually comes into effect almost fully within 15-25m or earlier sometimes which is a much more acceptable time period of uptake. As others have said, snorting methadone will cut the half-life down, but reguardless of the above mentioned class between what a half-life means, as I stated earlier plugging methadone may not hold you for 24h, and thats why I combine the two; so I can get long-lasting relief and a fast reaction time to help the medication kick in, as when your script is running low and you taper down to almost nothing sometimes you just really need to get the shakes, kicks, and general miserableness out of your system as fast as possible and snorting is just too barbaric in a sense and I can see an easier and far less harmful RoA in plugging.

As for how to do it; I tend to use about 0.75ml of saline/water for every 10mg tablet (Roxane) I have lying around, as something in them can gel at lower concentrations, maybe a mechanism for IV disuasion, who knows. But anyway, if you have a large tolerance and are using upwards of 100mg you might need to use a 5-10ml syringe to get the whole solution administered in one go, but I have no trouble using my 3ml syringes twice or three times when I use like 6-10 x 10mg tablets; just I highly advise something more than 1ml syringes because it can get downright commically-depressing needing to administer a solution 10 times to get even an acceptable high. But anyways, OP, PM me if you want or AIM at "FlyWithCloudNine" as click my aim icon will let you know.

I've been prescribed methadone 10mg q4d for the past 3 years. I usually eat 40 to 60 mgs then snort 20 mgs at a time throughout the day. I don't keep score, but I probably end up taking a total of 100 mgs or more, per day, til I get low on supply. Then I back off to 10 to 20 mgs per day til my renewal comes in. Probably a dangerous thing to do, but I get high as a fly in a gluebag!

Maybe you could try the above-mentioned plugging alternative and save your nose the desperation? Its not "gay" in any way really, and hardly much of anything noticeable unless you plan on using a huge-ass 50ml application device 8o !

Also see you have found about 1/2 oral and 1/2 by nasal/plugged is the way to go for both analgesic/sedation and to keep it lasting as long as it should... :D

What I want to know is why nobody's talking about dissolving their methadone?

Just went back on the Methadone-- by choice. The MS Contin wasn't doing it for me- no pain relief. Alas, read a thread here about plugging them when I was down to like, 3 pills; so the last three of them I really, really enjoyed! But today was a toss-up. I no longer have insurance, so by the time I self-pay at the doctor, then the pharmacy and a $50 cab ride (I live in the middle of NOWHERE) I'm broke. Today I was really short on cash. I needed something I could afford to fill right away, today, because I've been out of meds about 2 days and would've been puking sick by this afternoon.

So I asked my doc to put me back on the Methadone. It's ridiculously cheap. 240 of them cost me $30- can you believe it? I pay $300 for my oxys and was paying $170 for the MS Contin. So, I'll fill my Oxys on Thursday when my check comes and until then, got my Methadone.

They work great for me. As someone else said, one 10mg tab lasts all day if you're running low. I was on these things before, couple years back (90mg a day) so my tolerance for these things is pretty good. I NEVER snort them. I've never plugged them. I dissolve them in some water water and just shoot em back. I find they kick in a little quicker that way.

I used to drink up 120mg cocktails and nod blissfully all night long. Since I've been off them a while, I'm starting slow; chewed 2 outside the pharmacy, waiting for the cab, then dissolved another 50 mg when I got home. I went from sick as hell to right as rain.

So, to encapsulate, that's my vote: dissolve the methadone in a little warm water- not a lot, it doesn't taste so hot, yo.

I am..

But yeah, I have basically been called a "good for nothing queer-fuck of a junky just not taking it in the ass for drugs.....yet" by my ass-hat of a father (another topic) who is just as dependent or more so even than I am at 320mg as 8 x 40mg of brand name Oxycontins a day. As soon as his worker's compensation claim was dissolving his coverage he finally realised how expensive his medications are; fucker was draining the coffers of the company almost $1,400 a month. Once he was more or less forced to pay out of pocket until he was able to re-establish that he was indeed covered and they made a mistake he was unable to pay for his drugs and his doctor recomended methadone as a temporary substitute due to the cost profile-comparison. For those 2-3 months until they started paying up (and reimbursed) for the Oxycontin he was on a high dose of methadone (I think ~200mg/day) and it only cost him like $60-something for a couple hundred tablets which is almost a 25-fold decrease in out of pocket expense for a pain-killer. He never officially became a "good for nothing queer-fuck of a junky just not taking it in the ass for drugs.....yet" but I found a discarded bottle and overheard an arguement about his money out of pocket expenses for drugs burning a hole in the family's savings and saw receipts of just how ungodly cornered the market was by Purdue. Fucker won't even take back what he said to me that one time either and refuses to admit he "took that junkie-juice" and that he instead took it for pain... yeah... Ok....

Last edited:
wow this is an old post but i thought id put in my 2 cents. me and the wifey got 4 10mg roxanne methadones today and each snorted 10mg and popped the other half. i will not argue the fact that we both have insufflation fixations, but methadone as far as a bad burn goes for snorting is maybe a 6 out of 10 and lasts 5 minutes tops. But someone did state previously in this thread that those roxannes don't burn as much. Just wanted all yalls to know that just because the bioavailability isnt any better by a certain means of ingestion, the psychological high that just doing your usual ritual makes it more enjoyable the person partaking. also just had a friend test positive for methadone after stopping for 4 days or approx 85hrs.. sounds like lucy's got some splainin' to do? .. i dunno.. bottom line dont fuck with methadones unless you got a serious opiate habit and even if so.. do your research.. and if you think your about to take what you think is a good dose.. cut it in half.. and you'll be fine. you can always take more.. but it doesn't go both ways.. we'll save the going both ways for you pluggers out there :) jk guys.. ill plug in a pinch too ;)

Snorting it burns like hell. Parachute it or just eat it. Also, cracking it into smaller pieces quickens the process of waiting an hour and a half on the 10 mg XR's.

The quickest, best way (IMO) to ingest methadone is to dissolve it in very warm water and plug it with a baby syringe. Other than that, eat the wafer with hot tea or another warm liquid.

Ive been snorting dones for about the past year,
If I eat one i barely feel it; snorting is the way for me.
Just because a person is pussey and doesnt like the burn doesnt mean that snorting it is that bad.
If your doing pills, your doing drugs, its all the same in the grand scheme of things; save your money, where a condom, dont be a bitch

Burns like a motherfucker don't do it. It kicks in faster that way but definitely not worth it unless you're in hardcore withdrawal

I'm in withdrawal from Oxycodone and have been using methadone tabs to keep me steady, upright. Anyway, I've read this thread through and decided that snorting is not an option for methadone. I'm glad I read it too b/c i just chewed one up and HOLY SHIT it burned the piss outta my tongue and mouth. What the fuck is going on? What kind of binders cause this sort of torture? LOL. I'm not dying but damn I've never had a pill burn my mouth up by chewing it...

I have been snorting methadone for almost 10 years. it doesnt bother me at all. The roxannes were the best for snorting until the rectangular ones came around. at this point im my life i have to take methadone so i dont get sick. my doctor perscribes me 60 mgs of methadone and 45 mgs of oxycodone per day. i dont know about the rest of you guys but in my opinion methadone is absolutely the worst drug you can get addicted to. for me the drugs have stopped working. methadone has taken the pop outta the firecracker. i can take 250 mgs of methadone and 150 mgs of oxys and i barely get sleepy. there is no more high. it just doesnt work n e more. the funny thing is, even though they dont get me high anymore i still snort them. i guess its the last thing i have to hold onto to remind me of how it used to be. i have several friends who have died from ODing on methadone and usually xanax. now the only thing i can really do to catch a buzz is drink. so thats what i do. i can warn you. i can tell you my story. i can talk until i am blue in the face. but youre gonna do what youre gonna do. all i can do is tell you that methadone has ruined my life. and itll do the same for you before you realize its too late. and im not a hypocrite for telling you the evils of methadone and continuing to snort it every day of my life. im an addict. and i dont even get any fun out of it anymore. it sux. be careful