• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

The name is a joke. I don't even pretend to be a thug.

in the free world!!!!

welcome to the world of bluelight, pimp lazy!!!

Hey hey!

Thanks kids its just grand now that I've finally arrived amongst the people. I hope to be a regular here after not too long. I might not always post but I will be watching. Any competitive disc golfers in here? Hate to associate the sport with the drug/lifestyle but they tend to be highly synergistic.:D Love and peace.

excuse my ignorance, but what's "disc golf"? if it's just normal golf then feel free to call me an idiot :)

ummm....disc golf......nope, I'm drawin' blanks....must be some wacky american thing or summik.

PS: Welcome pimp-guy! :D

Disc

Well, disc golf is golf using plastic discs. You can call them Frisbee's but thats a registered trademark of Whammo Corporation and nobody likes whammo; plus disc sounds better. The discs typically weigh anywhere from 150-175g. There are different designs for putting, midrange, and longrange and a variety of others for special throws. You start like normal golf you have a tee pad and go for the pin or basket. Its pretty international now I'm suprised you've not heard of it. I hope I can be an ambassador of sorts here on the bluelight. Keep on slammin', jammin', and disco-bammin'.

I'm sitting here listening to "And I ran, I ran so far away, I gotta get away" and watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Hey Moderator! Can I post a link up here if its not because I am complaining about it? Or are offsite links not allowed at all? I have a great video of my friend at a club swirling around singing that very song. Its good stuff.

hey, call me onetwothreefour, or brad - i'm not "moderator" ;)

and...er...yeah, the link should be fine, afaik. just don't do anything silly like linking to something with your name, details, or anything incriminating in it!

to bump a 3 year old thread, or to NOT bump a 3 year old thread.....

disc golf is a major portion of my life but the baskets have been taken down for the year :(

where you at PL and what discs are you throwin these days??

5193-roc-large.jpg

ROC--understamp baby =D

it's all i'll ever need :D

Right on. I keep it mainly Innova myself. I've got a ton of old discs and ones that I don't use, but I carry about 6 for a game b/c it's really all I need. I've got a Pink CE Orc, Discraft XL, Gazelle, Gremlin<-(awesome approach disc, super stable, with a predictable fade), an unnamed but found tie-dye putter with the GD skull drawn on it, and a Lightning Disc putter. I played mostly at Bryant Lake this year as Lone's course has been taken out... sniff sniff...

For the rest of us normal people ;) :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

Disc Golf (D-Golf, Frisbee Golf, or Frolf) is a sport in which individual players or teams throw a flying disc into a basket or other target. According to the Professional Disc Golf Association "The object of the game is to traverse a course from beginning to end in the fewest number of throws of the disc."[1]

Disc golf is similar to golf and uses much of the same rules and terminology. Unlike golf, most courses are located in public parks and are free to play.[1] The modern disc golf target consists of a metal basket with chains hanging over it and was invented in 1976.

400px-Birdie.jpg

^ A player putting at Cass Benton Disc Golf Course: Canton, Michigan.

Hmm. Do you get extra points for hitting people with the discs? Say 5 points for a body shot, 10 points for a head shot, 50 points for an eye out? That would be cool. %)

No, no extra points. There was a disc of legend however. A disc my friend had that was called "Baby Killer" or "Hippy Killer." Like the Wiki article says we were playing at a park and my friend hucked one over a hill. We hear this Thunk! and a woman comes running over the hill screaming, "You hit my baby! You hit my baby in the head!" It had not which makes it funny to me. Another time the same disc rolled completely contrary to its' spin direction and the wind and scythed down upon this group of guys at another tee. We yelled Fore and 3 of the 4 moved. One guy just stood there looking at it until it hit him right in the head. Yeah...

Peace,
PL