• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC analogues

psych@delic

Ex-Bluelighter
everyone has heard of delta-9 TetraqHydro Cannabinol, right? well what about all the other deltas? how come nobodys ever heard of ppl using analogues of the THC family? im may b wrong but i believe that there are forms of the molecule that are as potnet as LSD-25. if ppl take the time to change ergot alkaloids into LSD how come nobody has taken the time to try out these other isomers. i wanted to kno if there are any researchers out there that know anything about this subject, as i hav found it a difficult one to research. and are there any chemists out there that would hav any idea of where to start in the synthesization of these beutiful analogues?

i cant believe nobody knows anything on this subject..... goddamn i wish shulgin had a screen name

does anybody have any knowledge of the other deltas of the THC family? i kno one of them is as potent as LSD, and how come it seems nobody has really made them

ive heard of a few, including one 100x more potent than thc (dont know bout the lsd comparison) and also a cannabinoid occuring in the brain called anadamine. i think thc research isnt popular because cannabis is an illegal drug that drug companies dont see much potential in. the current cannabinoid medicine, marinol, isnt very popular and doesnt work well, and so pharm companies dont really work on it much

Hi psych@delic,

Just saw your question in PD, kinda the same as the one posted here. Asking the same question twice in two different forums is not really appropriate, first see where your other discussion goes.. They're not totally alike and I really like to have a thread dedicated to this in CD, so that's why I'm gonna leave it open and/or maybe send the pd mods a pm to send theirs here or this one over there to merge the two threads if it's really necaserry. :)

anyways, here's your other thread.

Check out Rhodium, and the reason these are not being synthed is because they are not well known first off and second only proffesional chemists have pulled off the synth and nobodys actually tried these substances so they might be quite different in effects to THC and the analog you mentioned is some 500 times more potent than THC which is very powerful and its called THC-V.

thanks for specificizing (funny made up word) thats the one i wanted, and i found some shit too, specifically, that the acetylization of the hydroxyl parts of the molecule drastically increases the potency of the molecule. and im sure it couldnt b that different, i would imagine the realation is much like that of the opiate family. also, wouldnt it be nice to increase water-solubility in the molecule, while trying to maintain the stong efects of delta 9, hence reducing the annoyingly long time it stays in ur body, and also making it able to be insufflated. besides with so many alterations one could make that if some one dedicated a few years they could surely find what theyre looking for, like what i mentioned.

a buddy and i bought a pound of leaf and stem about a year ago and managed to isolate a ridiculous amount of very pure crystal. of course there was some plant matter in it, but it was almost negligible.

i railed two "standard" lines of it, and i tell you, never in my life have i been <i>THAT</i> high from THC. my face fell asleep (like when you fall asleep on your arm and it feels like pins and needles, except this was my jaw, chin, cheeks and forehead.), and i was just fucking RIPPED.

the weird thing was that it only lasted for about five minutes, then just as quick as i had come up, i was baseline sober.

i suggest this to anyone who can get that much crystal together.

Rhodium is a drug synthesis site that you can find the link to at Erowid.org and they have a section about THC analogs and even the synthesis for them but good luck as i'm a chemist and after going over the synth I would'nt touch that with a ten foot pole.

I wonder if there are any chemists willing to synthesize any of them, and if the precursors are watched or controlled in any way? I'm sure Rhodium knows. Also do any of you think that synthetic THC could ever have a market large enough that chemists would mass-produce it to resell?
-Guay

lol, i wouldnt say ima chemist uina forum without a p[roxie. and rhodium wasnt working earlier, and to the other guy, how did u get fucked up off of it when its not able to b absorbed by the nasal mambranes, im betting it dripped into ur lungs, i would hav eaten thazt shizah...lol, u snorted weed

The potent direct THC analouge is 500x more potent than your standard D9-THC, and is sometimes refered to as THC-V. Look here for it:
http://bilz0r.orcon.net.nz/THC Synthesis - Overview.htm

It qould require a dose about 140µg to get you high, which is the as about 100µg of LSD.

BTW, there is HEAPS of research being done on cannabis. More than on any other plant, that is for sure.

Oh my!! I hope in my lifetime someone synthesizes thc-V for me so that I can try it! 500 times more potent--can you imagine?

delta-8-THC has also been studied in man as one of the psychoactive components of Cannabis. Unfortunately though, it hasn't really been studied enough on its own to really gain any insight into the actual chemical, and how it relates to delta-9.

I dont know if you can consider cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabiniol (CBN) actual analouges. But these chemicals are also closely related cannabiniods that are thought to be the basis of cannabis' medical effects. Some people say higher amounts of these chemicals cause more "stoning effect" rather than a trippy-ness. But no one really knows for sure, no real extensive studies have been done with isolating, then tasting all these chemicals. At least to my knowledge..

It takes a combination of various substances in cannabis for the magic effects of cannabis to take place and none of them alone will give you that same sensation of smoking cannabis.

delta 8 is preety similar, just a much longer half life. Yeah, I hear lots of different information about CBD and CBD all the time, some times its not psychoactive, other time it causes behavioural changes... if they don't bind to CB1, how are the having their effect?

zacamo said:
a buddy and i bought a pound of leaf and stem about a year ago and managed to isolate a ridiculous amount of very pure crystal. of course there was some plant matter in it, but it was almost negligible.

i railed two "standard" lines of it, and i tell you, never in my life have i been <i>THAT</i> high from THC. my face fell asleep (like when you fall asleep on your arm and it feels like pins and needles, except this was my jaw, chin, cheeks and forehead.), and i was just fucking RIPPED.

the weird thing was that it only lasted for about five minutes, then just as quick as i had come up, i was baseline sober.

i suggest this to anyone who can get that much crystal together.

PLACEBO! Snorting anything gives you a bit of a buzz. You cannot plant matter, that is ridiculous! Even the "crystals" cannot be snorted sorry.