Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

chain smoking and other things

beech

Bluelighter
Hey people just wondering if it just me nad my friends but does anyone else chain smoke a hell of a lot when peaking and even more so when coming down the next day?
I am a regualr smoker and smoke an absolute shitload mainly the next day after a big night out when having bit of a recovery session at friends house and maybe dropping a little more.
Anyone shed any light on why this behaviour occurs? Its just cigarettes seem so very very apealing to me when i'm fucked.
Does anyone have any other things they cant help but do when peaking, coming down or chilling the next day?

Thanx

im not a smoker but i'd think that the reason why you smoke so much the next day is cos you feel a little sketchy/edgy the next day. Smoking obviously gives you comfort of some sort, whether it being physically, mentally or both. I personally cannot stop drinking bourbon once i start peaking, it almost seems to enhance the peak and prolong it somewhat. Does anyone have any scientific info to back this one up or is it all in my head? ;)

I found I never smoked whilst peaking on ecstasy, it is quite weird as I am a heavy smoker, but in the 12 years or so of using it I only smoked once or twice as I found it rather annoying and it took away my oxygen to dance LOL

Now comming down is a different story ;)

take care

I notice that whenever I peak, I smoke my arse off.

I am usually against smoking on principal as it was the cause of death of a loved one, but when I am using most drugs (with the exception of ketamine), I find I cannot stop smoking. I'm not sure why, but it seems to keep my hands occupied and makes me more contented.

Meh, I suppose I'm addicted.

Yeh you're not alone. I will chain all night. In fact its one of the first signs that I can tell im coming up...heart rate increases & craving for a smoke goes thru the roof...and im not a heavy smoker, maybe a couple a day during the week. Its one of my pet hates about taking gear cos it only adds to the comedown the next day.
I find it a bit ironic...as if taking drugs is not bad enough for your health...why must I crave to smoke 50 cigs in 5 or 6 hours too? bah :X

Nicotine causes release of dopamine(DA) and noradrenaline(NA), two neurotransmitters that play a role in mood, pleasure etc. I guess while you are high it adds to MDMA's effects on DA and NA. On the comedown, when your neurotransmitters are depleted and you feel crap, perhaps smoking helps squeeze out what little neurotransmitter is available more quickly (kind of like squeezing the last bit of water out of a wet rag instead of letting it drip on the line). It would be interesting to see if supplementing with amino acid precursors (tyrosine and phenylalinine) would reduce this urge to smoke on the comedown.

A bit of an aside, but interesting IMHO: L-tyrosine, depression and smoking.

I chain smoke the bongs...especially on the comedown.
I smoked 7 grams in about 36 hours last weekend.
My throat and chest was SO FUCKED when I finally woke up.
I didnt feel like smoking for most of the next day...

I find this constantly, when I'm peaking and the day after, I tend to smoke a lot more than normal. If you think normal cigarettes feel good while peaking, wait till you try menthols...

Something that's working for me at the moment is to ban myself from smoking in the house and put the ashtray in the backyard... you're usually so tired the next day you can't be stuffed wandering out for a smoke. :)