Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

QLD Government Bans 2C-T-7, 2C-T-2, 2C-E

Flexistentialist

Bluelight Crew
I came across this press release from Peter Beattie.

19 December 2003

Government Bans New Designer Drugs

The Queensland Government has banned three new designer drugs which police fear could be peddled to young Queenslanders.

Premier Peter Beattie and Attorney-General and Minister for Justice, Rod Welford, said the drugs - 2C-T-7, 2C-T-2, and 2C-E - are illegal in Queensland from today (Friday 19 December).

"We're making a pre-emptive strike to stop drug dealers getting their hooks into young Queenslanders during the Christmas-New Year party season," Mr Beattie said.

"Anyone caught trafficking or dealing in these drugs will face up to 20 years in prison.

"Possession will carry a penalty of between 15 and 20 years in jail.

"These hallucinogenic drugs have not yet been found in Queensland.

"However there have been several reported deaths in the United States of people who have used 2C-T-7 (which is known on the streets as Beautiful, 7-Up, Blue Mystic and Tripstasy).

"Police in the United States have made a number of seizures of these drugs, and Queensland police fear they could become a problem here.

"Young people must understand these chemical cocktails are not the 'good time drugs' that dealers might suggest.

"They can be deadly, and can cause a host of side effects including nausea, vomiting, muscle tension, body tremors, panic attacks, and violent episodes," Mr Beattie said.

Mr Welford said the decision to ban the three drugs before they reached Queensland was part of the Government's ongoing policy of being tough on drug producers and traffickers.

"Our Government makes no apologies for going hard on drug manufacturers, traffickers and dealers," he said.

"Those in our society who want to profit by destroying the lives of young people should face maximum penalties.

"I have come face to face with many young people in our Drug Court program whose lives and family relationships have been destroyed by drugs.

"Our government will continue to remain vigilant and alert to any new drugs and to ensure appropriate penalties are in place for drug trafficking and dealing."

It seems each year at this time, Beattie bans new chemicals. Last year at almost the same time, he scheduled 2C-I, BZP, TFMPP and Salvia. The year before he scheduled MBDB (from memory). I see a pattern.

I heard there was a seizure of those bermuda triangles (suspected 2C-E?) on the Gold Coast which might have prompted it this time. I wonder if he's pre-empting any NYE drug-related media hoo-hars by getting in early.

Oh, no thats right. He's doing it to save the children from evil drug dealers with hooks, or some shit. 8(

Last edited:
It saddens me that these chemicals are outlawed with no knowledge of what they are or what they do. The fact that they can be used as psychoactive drugs by people is enough to prohibit anyone being able to study these chemicals for any purpose.

BigTrancer :(

I feel the same BT :\

Who knows what potential these chemicals might have for humanity... And they're being locked away before we know a thing about them!

"We're making a pre-emptive strike to stop drug dealers getting their hooks into young Queenslanders during the Christmas-New Year party season," Mr Beattie said.

Yeah right. Knowing the drugs are now illegal, just think how many 2C-E dealers will throw their supplies in the bin. Bah! foiled again 8)

It may be very well to ban these substances, but does it really make any difference to what ends up on the streets, and into the hands of those these laws are said to protect. Criminal convictions for personal, small amounts of drugs, regardless of the context, does nothing positive for society.

All these laws do is limit legit research, and of course also further expand the range of substances searched for to counter these laws.

2C-E may be a relatively unknown drug, but there is substantial info on it. But what of the many 2C analogues currently being made and experimented with by clandestine chemists?

A major discovery in this area will probably mean more than one active drug, perhaps dozens. These will be truly unexplored compounds. Many, once vocal clandestine manufactures are becoming more secretive of their work, so such moves by governments may be more of a step behind with future "designers".

Better the devil you know, or at least have heard of.

I would hope the 15-20 years for possession was a typo. If not, somebody better check Joe's not back behind the wheel ;)

banning the drugs might even increase their use?

" WOW a new banned substance? lets give THAT a whirl!! "

BigTrancer said:
It saddens me that these chemicals are outlawed with no knowledge of what they are or what they do. The fact that they can be used as psychoactive drugs by people is enough to prohibit anyone being able to study these chemicals for any purpose.

BigTrancer :(
My sentiments exactly.:(

I think the most ironic thing about this is that because of this ban and because it has been published in the media, there will now probably be dipshits out there that say "wow, drugs I haven't heard of! Where can I get me some of this new crazy shit?".

Edit: just like erba said... ummm... I really should do more than skim read these things before replying... ;)

When has banning ANYTHING worked?
really, this does just promote its use, if anyone didnt know about these "2c" substances before, they sure do now.
And its not exactly hard to find out how to cook.