Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

shoes over powerlines

hungry_lotus

Bluelighter
Throughout the Gold Coast there are pairs of shoes hanging over powerlines in various suburbs.

Is there any truth to the rumour that these shoes hanging tangles over powerlines indicate a drug dealer's house? Like some secret code to strangers who need to score?

I have also heard that these indicate muggings in the area...

your thoughts?

that's interesting ...never thought of that. I always thought it was some dude fed up with his reeboks!;)
It is the gold coast though....try watching who live under the shoes...it could be like the 'Footlocker Stakeout'
Cya
Snappa

Yeah, and apparantly whenever the Franco Cottzo ad comes on TV it means there's a new shipment of heroin just arrived.

Well, in some parts of Sydney shoes are used to mark territory... The same way a dog pees on trees :) A particular type of shoe representing a particular dealer/group, and drawing geographical dealing boundaries... It's nothing new - apparently it originated in the US, and police are well aware of it...

:)

^^
Very interesting.

However, I think the main cause is...

Schoolies = Increase in number of shoes hanging over powerlines.

You'd be surprised how funny teenagers think it is to throw a pair of shoes over the powerlines when they are drunk. I've witnessed it many a times.

Muhuhahahar I found it hilarious when I threw a pair of sneakers with two bras tied to them over some powerlines in a drunken stupor at schoolies.

Yeah, good point go-ee. I don't think shoes over power lines should ever be treated as an occurance with any serious implications...

:)

yeah it always occurs more at this time of year cos of the end of year ....schoolies and sixth form much up day.............we always get heaps arround here about this time of year.................If they were my kids shoes I would be bloody angry.....they cost a fortune.

I laughed this thread.... I have shoes outside my house on powerlines and its been there since I moved here 3 years ago and 3 of my other mates also have shoes outside their homes and they all were already there way before they moved into their places..... I dont care as long they are not my shoes ;)

I felt bad because I had No shoes...................Then I saw a man who had no feet.

funny how this 'new' trend is taking off here now.

i first saw this phenomena in san deigo USA in 1991. i was staying in a 'young' part of town on the beach with a bunch of dropouts and there were shoes everywhere caught in the powerlines. i thought this was bizarre......but funnily enough 12 years later the same is happening here in australia

So when these companies who keep the power lines up to scratch, when they get up and collect shoes, do they keep them, or donate to their local St.Vinnie's/Salvo's? =D

I will ask arround but I wouldnt mind betting that it was displayed in a movie somewhere and that is how it caught on here.

Yup back in the 80's, a pair of chuck taylors would hang on powerlines.

if you stood close by long enough, a crack dealer would come to you.

one of my cousins spent some time in the us, and she went on this tour in la where they show you the really seedy parts of town and south central and all that. anyway the tour guide said it was sortof a gang thing. that when a gang member is murdered, their homies (giggle-im sorry i cant take that word seriously) throw their sneakers on the power lines as a kind of memorial. my cousin saw a LOT of shoes.

I used to see 2 cans of beer still attached to the 6 pack plastic rings slung over power lines - they were there for years, so long that the cans faded.

Every time I drove past I shed a small tear as those beer cans would never be drunk!

The local hooligans in my area would get a coathanger - straighten it out and throw it up in the power lines to watch the "cool sparks" - causing a brown/blackout for up to half an hour & potentially causing fires / damage to electrical equipment. I used to ask them to tell me if they were gonna do it so I could unplug my appliances first. They actually did a couple of times! But none of them would unplug their own appliances, they wouldn't even go to a different neighbourhood..... DUMBASSES

Yeah, and apparantly whenever the Franco Cottzo ad comes on TV it means there's a new shipment of heroin just arrived.

You know, there used to be a hell of a lot of ads for his store running...and a real "problem" on the streets...have you noticed that the ads are hardly on, and if you read the Herald Sun the heroin toll has dropped dramatically...

Coincidence????=D =D

MazDan said:
I felt bad because I had No shoes...................Then I saw a man who had no feet.

Shouldve asked him for his shoes.